Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Well lads today I became a internationally recognized ice hockey coach.

Our dog well eat anything. From toast for breakfast to a gravy Christmas dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Congrats cena!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That's wonderful news, cena. Congratulations! Hope you cut a mean promo on them to fire 'em up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Has anyone here every traveled alone? im in need of a summer holiday but unfortunately friends are not in the postion to go at the minute so im thinking of trying it alone.

Anyone ever do it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not yet, but I'm heading over to England on my own next month for a few days. Granted, I'm meeting some internet friends when I'm over there.

• Advertisement

One of my friends recently did and she said it was great, met far more people that way. If you're thinking of it you should do it, sure 5 minutes into a pub and you'll be grand.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So are people all ready to vote tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

So are people all ready to vote tomorrow :)

Yep and undecided

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yes and no :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Tomorrow's vote should be straightforward, personally hoping for a landslide Yes victory, the Presidential thingy i couldn't be arsed about to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Was fairly shocked by the amount of people I know voting no. Think it could be a shock. The fallout will be gas regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I am definitely voting Yes as I see it as an equality issue and I want all citizens in this republic of ours to be equals.

I wouldn't be shocked if it's a No though. This is still a very socially conservative country and with the Church throwing everything at this, and the 'Won't somebody think of the children?' narrative paying off, I can see that having a big effect.

I would find it embarrassing if this country becomes the first country in the world that put this to a public vote, only for the public to decide to retain inequality.

Let's see what happens. I'm not confident tbh.

I generally never talk politics (unless it's backstage) but sure...
    Devastated if No goes through. I think Yes will win out but it'll be close, like 54-46. I reckon bigger cities are in a 'Yes' bubble but traditional/bigoted values would be bigger where the church has a much stronger hold. The friggin' smear campaign and dodging the actual issue of the No campaign is disgraceful. Having to resort to basically lying to retain inequality is awful.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea its def gonna be a close call either way. 100% voting yes for Marriage , i think the there is also a lot of silent No voters too which will come into play.

Personally its silly we even have to vote on this Marriage Referendum since everyone should automatically have the right to marry whoever they want so fingers crossed for a Yes win.

When it comes to the president i can see a landslide No and for the right reason , I understand them lower the age but 21 is the wrong age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think I'm going to give them both a yes tomorrow, after much to-ing and fro-ing on the marriage referendum. I don't have any prejudices or anything, but I was just a bit confused by the whole thing. Even though I'm voting yes, I wouldn't be overly confident that the thing is going to be passed. I haven't met too many people over the age of 40 for yes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yes all the way.

Absolutely disgusted with the no campaign making it about gay couples getting kids, because...
    1. It all seems based on the horrid perception that gays can't be trusted round kids in case they get the urge to diddle them.
    2. Gay adoption is actually already allowed; the government made that decision a month ago. Regardless of Marrage, a gay couple can technically adopt anyway, so "vote no to stop gay adoption" may as well read "vote no to stop the sun shining"; it's not changing that either way.

That's not to say, mind, that some people might not have legit reasons for voting no. But the no campaign itself is based on utter lies and misinformation, and is using such "facts" to cover up a horrid homophobic agenda. It's also incredibly hurtful to single parent families (cause kids need a mother and a father or their life is wrong). Just a vile campaign run in a horrid way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

How's it going, lads?

It's been a while.

When it comes to the president i can see a landslide No and for the right reason, I understand them lower the age but 21 is the wrong age

I was thinking the same, that 21 is far too young, but this is just to be able to run at that age. The bigger mountain is he/she still has to garner the support to get in (an almost impossible task) so why not get a fair crack at the whip just being eligible. Make a change from having Bilbo Baggins in Áras an Uachtaráin!
    CMpunked wrote: »
    How's it going, lads? It's been a while.

It has! Good to see your name pop up mate. Everyone's beaming over NXT last night and chatting tomorrow's election. Otherwise same old :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,377 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How's it going, lads?

It's been a while.

Welcome back

Also well done Cena on becoming an internationally ice hockey coach

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It has! Good to see your name pop up mate. Everyone's beaming over NXT last night and chatting tomorrow's election. Otherwise same old :)

Good to hear it!
    I missed the old place recently. Been able to watch wrestling a bit more than in the last few months and gave reddit a go but don't think I'll go back. It's too... How do I put it... Y'know those people at shows that chant we are awesome when really they are just chanting because they aren't arsed giving the people in the ring the respect to do what they're doing? That's kinda the place for those people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I fecking hate reddit.

Nice to see you back around CMpunked, I was pleasantly surprised to see your name in the notification e-mail.

Angron wrote: »
    I fecking hate reddit.

Nice to see you back around CMpunked, I was pleasantly surprised to see your name in the notification e-mail.

Appreciate the kind words, good sir. :o
    It's good to be back. I feel like a returning has been who will be marked out for once the music plays but as soon as the mic is lifted for the promo all the air will disappear out of the room!

Quick question for you all; does anyone work for eBay or know anyone that does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Appreciate the kind words, good sir. :o
    It's good to be back. I feel like a returning has been who will be marked out for once the music plays but as soon as the mic is lifted for the promo all the air will disappear out of the room!

Quick question for you all; does anyone work for eBay or know anyone that does?
    Yes your back. Have asked about on here a few times.

I always thought that CMPunked had become another one of you and changed his username.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I always thought that CMPunked had become another one of you and changed his username.
    PhilBrooked?

I'm not good with wrestling related jokes.

Is that Grames Bond?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

sky88 wrote: »
    Has anyone here every traveled alone? im in need of a summer holiday but unfortunately friends are not in the postion to go at the minute so im thinking of trying it alone.

Anyone ever do it?

It's great, I honestly think more people should do it. You'll be amazed at how much more of a city you'll see when you see it alone :)

I've never gone on a vacation alone, but I do love my own company and often go to gigs alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Is that Grames Bond?

Nope - I am Grames Bond! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nope - I am Grames Bond! :)

**Stands on office desk**

I am Grames Bond...

Advertisement