Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

*Climbs on office desk. Slips, and falls through table*

I am injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Heading home home this evening to vote. Hopefully it passes. Either way it will have little or no effect on my life but I can't even imagine how much a kick in the teeth a NO vote would be to the LGBT community.

No wrasslin' chat l know but our towns and cities tomorrow need to be reminiscent of the ending of WMXXX and not of RR 2015. Would be a proud moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Loughc wrote: »
    **Stands on office desk**

I am Grames Bond...
    You went with that reference instead of the one that name was made for?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You went with that reference instead of the one that name was made for?

Yes I felt it was more of an I am Spartacus kind of moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Nope - I am Grames Bond! :)
    Ah, it was the same avatars that confused me. Hey Butthead! Where's Beavis?! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Amazing to see wrestler support it when years ago they would've kept quiet.
    https://twitter.com/wwemarcuslouis/status/601722430873333761
    https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/status/601755221958774785

Marcus Louis used to Wrestle a lot on the Irish indies back in the day.

I really hope Middle Ireland doesn't come out of the woodwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'd be worried tbh. Didn't bump into another yes voter there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well if my facebook feed is accurate and I'm sure it's not its an unpresidented landslide victory 100% yes vote :pac:

I say it'll pass handy enough. 60-40 split I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I went before noon and it was quite busy where I am. I'd say there were more people there than at the EU referendum ones or the Seanad one. Most were quite elderly but I did see a young couple entering as I was exiting.

A few months back I was hoping for a Yes win by 70-30. Now tbh I'd take 51-49 as long as it's a Yes result. It seems the youth vote will need to be solid for it to pass and reports indicate there are a good amount of young people getting out there so that's fairly encouraging. Fingers crossed...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I don't care about the margin, all I care about is that it hopefully passes.

It annoys me though that something like this is something that needs to be voted on. I can only imagine how hurtful much of the No Campaign was to many LGBT people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Angron wrote: »
    I can only imagine how hurtful much of the No Campaign was to many LGBT people.

Not even just them, sadly.

I've got a cousin who got pregnant with a guy who told her that he was in the midst of a divorce, AND that he was infertile. Sadly, she learned both were untrue, and has to raise the kid on her own. She loves the kid, and is a great mother...but now they both have to deal with these signs and posters telling them that a "real" family have to have a mother and a father, or else it's no good. It's incredibly hurtful to single parents and to kids from non-traditional homes, regardless of sexuality.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup, that's very true too.

Dominic Walsh fans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Went in after 6 so it was quiet enough but saw a few youngish people. I'm pretty hopeful of a yes win but worried all the same. I can't wait until the no side posters are taken down; they really are disgusting to read and border on slanderous. I get a bus outside a church with a poster that's not only slanderous to gay people but to single fathers and adoption too. If it pisses me off I can only imagine what it does to those it targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

What I found odd about a town near where I live have advertisements for Panti Bliss returning home yet there is not a single yes poster around, loads of no ones though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

There's a girl where I work who is CONVINCED it won't pass. She said she was voting and will be a yes but think that the no side are the unvocal majority.
    And in a way she could be right. It is anonymous after all so those senior politicians who are oh so busy could do a cheeky no once they get into the box.

It's going to be close, either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

She'd be right with the quiet majority No voters. It's difficult to come out and say "I don't want others to be happy"... I'd worry anyone on the fence would vote no, so things can 'stay the way they are' and 'bypass this controversy'. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Little bit great seeing wrestling fans here in favour of the equality stuff!

https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/602037761122656257

Ageyev wrote: »
    Little bit great seeing wrestling fans here in favour of the equality stuff!

McMahonism is our religion and Monday Night Raw is longer and more formulaic than any Mass to be fair

Link to live updates: http://www.reddit.com/live/uyaszl95ren7/

Link to official results: http://referendum.ie/results.php?ref=10

At the moment, it's looking like it will pass with flying rainbow colours :D Reports of about 80-20 in favour in urban areas, and about 65-35 in favour in rural after about 20% of votes counted. Iona institute are already conceding, and bookies have closed off betting :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Where are the Yes gifs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

cena wrote: »
    Well lads today I became a internationally recognized ice hockey coach.

wd mate
    must be a tough job though coaching them when they can't even see you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Good work Irish voters, woulda been hella embarrassing if it had gone the other way but now us Irish come across as all progressive and sh!t :pac:

Now let's close our fabulous day with a good Eurovision song contest! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Spanish football be crazy, 3-3 at halftime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

cena wrote: »
    Well lads today I became a internationally recognized ice hockey coach.

Fair play, dude.
    How does one attain such an accreditation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Congrats Cena! Looking forward to the next mighty ducks movie :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

I wish there was a next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

The course was put on by the Irish ice hockey association through the international Ice hockey federation. The guy that did the course is the the team GB U18 HEAD COACH.

Can't wait to get my cert. Are you interested in the game

Advertisement