Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Rjd2 wrote: »
    So in sad but not surprising news Hola is not to be trusted.:(

http://torrentfreak.com/hola-vpn-sells-users-bandwidth-150528/#disqus_thread
    Could someone translate this for me please?

If I use Hola, are they taking my IP address and using it for nefarious purposes? I mean, are we at risk here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Who woulda thunk it turns put I'm almost a year older than MNG, happy birthday bruvva

Puts me 11 behind him too :P
    Happy Belated Brother/Dude/Jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ye're all just wanes. 34 here though act much younger.

Belated happy birthday MNG

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm the youngest here @ 21, unless there's anyone younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm the youngest here @ 21, unless there's anyone younger.

I'm seventeen, but I'd imagine there might be one younger again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Ageyev wrote: »
    Could someone translate this for me please?

If I use Hola, are they taking my IP address and using it for nefarious purposes? I mean, are we at risk here?

sadly yes

http://adios-hola.org/

Plenty of stuff their, not to technical, but use it, and basically make it look as attacks are coming from your computer.

suppose no such thing as a free lunch.

I just want want to watch netflix in different countries, any other recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Anyone going to see Foo Fighters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone going to see Foo Fighters?

I am a fan of the outdoor gigs. Simply cause of the sound has no where to bounce off, not like in doors

Yeah, but you get a windy day and the sound engineer encounters a different set of problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was doing a boot camp yesterday where we were doing boxing. One of the things we had to do was a Superman Punch. I resisted cocking before jumping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Foos were awesome. Great gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Happy Belated MNG I'm only 7 months behind you lol

Is there anywhere on boards to have an anonymous rant? Having a week that I need to vent.

I know I ye are good peeps but sometimes you just have yo shout at the world

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I believe there is a board called ranting and raving or something similar but you can always vent here in off topic, others have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I just type it all out, c-words laden, and don't submit. That's purely because I've been outed as a Boardsie before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wonder if that would be an interesting idea for a board; an anonymous rant section. Have people able to PM a rant on whatever to the mods who can then post it up, so only the mods know which user posted the rant, AND a filter system would exist where the mods could reject any hateful or inappropriate material.

Probably wouldnt do well long term, but just something that popped into my head :)

Ah in the soberer light if day I'm fine. My family got bad news during the week and I'd love to be angry at someone but as its an illness I can't so I am a wee bit frustrated at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Was nice of the foo fighters to play my birthday party yesterday! Great gig - sound bunch of lads! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I got a disciplinary in an old job for something I posted on boards before.
    So always be a little wary.
    However, I was giving out about a certain element in the job so I suppose it was justified.

Did you get anything happen to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Dissapointing no one responded to my new game :(

Hurling is back bae

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hurling is back bae

Would you let Joe Canning no as he was rubbish today

Was that any of ye representing the New World Order at Slane yesterday?

ERG89 wrote: »
    Would you let Joe Canning no as he was rubbish today

He was absolutely woeful. I'm writing my letter of complaint to the Connacht Tribune as we speak.

Might be a weird question, but thought I'd ask...

I've got to go from Drogheda to Blackrock one morning this week, right at bad rush hour traffic. Am wondering should I take the M50, or go through the tunnel and down along the coast through Sandymount (am looking at maps here).

Anyone any experience going from Northside to Southside Dublin at rush hour and which is quicker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lord TSC wrote: »

I've got to go from Drogheda to Blackrock one morning this week, right at bad rush hour traffic. Am wondering should I take the M50, or go through the tunnel and down along the coast through Sandymount (am looking at maps here).

Anyone any experience going from Northside to Southside Dublin at rush hour and which is quicker?

Leave early and you'll be grand. Mate does Dundalk to tallaght every day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Lord TSC wrote: »

M1, tunnel, east link, down through irishtown.
    It'll take you like 45 minutes.
    Depending when you leave it could be expensive. Before 6 the tunnel will be 3 euro. Although when it's that early you could just go down whitehall/drumcondra and then down to custom house, across the Liffey and onto the n11. Will still take you the same time as the tunnel but, as I said, only if it's that early in the day.

The m50 could be your best bet if you leave early enough.
    What time do you have to be in Blackrock?

9:30.

Through Irishtown certainly looks shorter, but don't want to get caught unexpectedly by schools, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's a Bank Holiday tomorrow, schools will be closed.

Advertisement