Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I look forward to the thread title saying Happy Birthday to me next Tuesday for mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

eh i dunno wrote: »
    IM at a boring wedding. Help
    Be like Hugh Grant and see if you can sleep with Andie MacDowell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What type of music? I won't be there but I'm curious :)
    We get told that we sound like Sonic Youth and Pavement a lot, so I guess that type?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The bar is your friend

The bed is now my friend

The never being able to sleep until this time of the morning isn't my friend. God-damn wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Has anyone used parcel motel? I have ordered some stuff and am wondering will I get notified when they land in Belfast or when it gets delivered to my collection point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,369 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has anyone used parcel motel? I have ordered some stuff and am wondering will I get notified when they land in Belfast or when it gets delivered to my collection point?

I got a text message when there were at my collection point not the NI address

A friend of mine was raving about them, saying it's a great service. They seem pretty reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You can track it online but you get a text or email alert when it arrives at your selected spot. Love it as my job means I'm never at home and rarely at the office.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think I've had a picture emailed to me when it arrives in N.Ireland once or twice, but yeah, usually a text on the morning it drops into the box.

Great service. One right beside the Tesco I go to regularly so usually not out of my way, and can often be cheaper to get "free P&P" on Amazon to NI and use Parcel Motel :)

• Advertisement

cool I'm building a computer and had to put a few parts I wanted through parcel motel and I'm starting to get nervous about the parts, I spent a bit more than I have on technology in ages

2 of the items aren't tracking proper for me aswell

cool I'm building a computer and had to put a few parts I wanted through parcel motel and I'm starting to get nervous about the parts, I spent a bit more than I have on technology in ages

2 of the items aren't tracking proper for me aswell

So what are the PC Specs and what case did you buy? :)

Quad core Intel i7
    16 gig ram crucial ballistix
    Gigabyte series 9 motherboard
    Corsair carbide 500r case
    250gig ssd
    SVGA EVGA GT740 SC 2048MB motherboard
    The case and power supply are my worries at the moment about delivery.

Couldn't help but think of this :D

49fe95dfb25447267e4d5910600f52ed.jpg

But seriously, nice rig hope you get on alright with the power supply and case :)

ha ha I know I felt it writing it out.

I need a rig for editing so it will do the job nicely

ha ha I know I felt it writing it out.

I need a rig for editing so it will do the job nicely

Editing as in YouTube videos or something else? Sorry if I'm diving head first into your private life

Editing as in YouTube videos or something else? Sorry if I'm diving head first into your private life

not at all I'm a free lance editor music videos short movies and stuff.

also trying to get into a bit of graphic work and script writing so I need a bit of a strong machine

not at all I'm a free lance editor music videos short movies and stuff.

also trying to get into a bit of graphic work and script writing so I need a bit of a strong machine

Ah cool that seems like a nice occupation, you play any bit of games on the side?

xbox only really and casually at that

and on a mac gaming isn't great...

Bro you could probably run a lot of stuff on that PC but that's up to you of course, thanks for answering all my questions :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

eh i dunno wrote: »
    IM at a boring wedding. Help

who the bloody hell gets married on a Tuesday?

Bro you could probably run a lot of stuff on that PC but that's up to you of course, thanks for answering all my questions :)

Im contemplating a duel boot alright for gaming and stuff

What part of Connemara are you from, Connemara Man? I'm not sure if I asked you that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

gimmick wrote: »

I'm thinking the bar tab would be substantially less! But God help anyone coming in from overseas having to get 2-3 days off work because of a Tuesday wedding.

The last wedding I went to I didn't even bother going to the reception. Now it was a free for all kind of arrangement, so I wasn't after costing them money for a seat but I just couldn't.

What part of Connemara are you from, Connemara Man? I'm not sure if I asked you that before.

Nearest place to me that people would know is spidal and I'm another half hour out the coast Rd further back than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm thinking the bar tab would be substantially less! But God help anyone coming in from overseas having to get 2-3 days off work because of a Tuesday wedding.

At least people coming from overseas would probably eb taking a few days off anyway. If it were me you would need to take a Tuesday and a wednesday off. What a waste of holiday leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

gimmick wrote: »

I'm getting married on a Monday :P Next month actually.

Although it is abroad, so whatever day it is doesn't matter to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'm giving a TEDx talk on sexism in geek culture later in the month and I was wondering if any of you lads/lasses have any opinions on it? (Wrasslin' is included)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm giving a TEDx talk on sexism in geek culture later in the month and I was wondering if any of you lads/lasses have any opinions on it? (Wrasslin' is included)

Congratulations mate, that's brilliant! If it's recorded please link it when it's up.

I can only really speak of videogames. As a generality, I think videogames are sexist, in that they're promoted using women as sex appeal (gigantic breasts, skimpy armour etc) but I also think the recent games with strong female characters are overlooked in the conversation (e.g. Ellie from The Last Of Us, Clem from The Walking Dead, even Crystal Dynamics' Lara Croft had her smallest bust-size and a dismissal of any kind of titillation). I also feel the debate has been used as an excuse to spew hatred towards any kind of celebrity or public figure by the anonymous internet masses.

Advertisement