Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I've long given up on the Irish national team qualifying for major tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Weren't we at Euro 2012.......half of the continent will be at Euro 2016 so its quite poor if we don't qualify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Just checked the international rankings, we're 60th in the world behind the likes of Gabon, Congo DR and most embarrassingly we are 10 places behind Equatorial Guinea:
    http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/
    If you're on Chrome hit Ctrl + F and type Republic of Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭kksaints

Omackeral is gonna be very happy tonight.

2nd year anniversary of me making my account and this is also my 500th post. Only really got into Boards properly over the last few months and when I've been fully active I feel I've contributed well. Really enjoying being on here as everyone's sound and even more so on PW. Hopefully get 1K posts by the end of the year at the very latest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Congrats mate! Great having you aboard :)

Thanks Jay, I hope to be on Boards.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

ON the train to Dublin and there is a hen party on it. Some good looking women even one older women

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I gave up watch after the early 90s team stopped playing. I just can't watch the Irish team anymore

cena wrote: »
    ON the train to Dublin and there is a hen party on it. Some good looking women even one older women

Don't hesitate to give 'em an Attitude Adjustment if they get a bit rowdy Cena ;)

• Advertisement

I gave up watch after the early 90s team stopped playing. I just can't watch the Irish team anymore

They're more entertaining now than when Trapattoni was over them but that wouldn't take much!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Generally when I stay up late to stream Ireland matches like this one I'm left disappointed... Let's hope this is the exception, the players are well capable (this is Scotland who although are decent are no world beaters themselves) and were at home with our campaign on the line, time for the players / mon to man the fuc up and make the nation believe in the national team again with a real performance of merit... Aka One worth staying up for please lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pics or gtfo

gimmick wrote: »
    Pics or gtfo

Gonna take a wild guess and say you meant to quote cenas other post... Or maybe you wanna few pics of Ronnie whelan and co

Generally when I stay up late to stream Ireland matches like this one I'm left disappointed... Let's hope this is the exception, the players are well capable (this is Scotland who although are decent are no world beaters themselves) and were at home with our campaign on the line, time for the players / mon to man the fuc up and make the nation believe in the national team again with a real performance of merit... Aka One worth staying up for please lads

You abroad Dawg?

You abroad Dawg?

In Taiwan though I admit the game is at a more reasonable 1am start time this time. The 7.30 Irish time kick offs can be a real killer

In Taiwan though I admit the game is at a more reasonable 1am start time this time. The 7.30 Irish time kick offs can be a real killer

Ah nice one bro, you live there or just temporary? I admire the fact that you stay up that late to watch our national team though.

Ah nice one bro, you live there or just temporary? I admire the fact that you stay up that late to watch our national team though.

Married my Taiwanese GF last year so I guess I can't say temp anymore.

Will probably post here later when watching the match if any others are doing so as I'm not a fan of the match threads on the soccer board for actual discussion.

2years with a boards account eh... *hums* you can check in anytime you want but you can never leave*

Welcome aboard dude the folk on PW are good peeps

Married my Taiwanese GF last year so I guess I can't say temp anymore.

Will probably post here later when watching the match if any others are doing so as I'm not a fan of the match threads on the soccer board for actual discussion.

2years with a boards account eh... *hums* you can check in anytime you want but you can never leave*

Welcome aboard dude the folk on PW are good peeps

That's awesome! What's it like over there? Yeah PW is what got me into Boards again this year, everyone's always sound as I've learned over the past few months.

That's awesome! What's it like over there? Yeah PW is what got me into Boards again this year, everyone's always sound as I've learned over the past few months.

Taiwanese people are really nice, the place is super safe and there are jobs plus the weather is good though we were starting to get into "too hot for an Irishman" season now. Also the foreigners who come here tend not to be dicks (there are exceptions) as it's one step removed from where people usually go.

And yeah can't bayte the folk on PW and that's not just the PW mod talking... Never said such things when I modded soccer :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭briany

Hoping for an Irish win today. Maybe some member of these boards could tempt fate for that win by incredulously claiming they'll eat an embarrassing food item and video it, if it happens, as a member of the IWC said they'd do on the Owens win (and did).

Now, I have a sensitive stomach, so I'll just have to exempt myself to start with. :pac:

But here's hoping for an Ireland win toady, anyway (not that I'm greatly optimistic).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

kksaints wrote: »
    Omackeral is gonna be very happy tonight.

A video I took from in the thick of it, check the nutter at 0:28!!!

And highlights from the game on RTE2. Look at the main stand at 2:00, absolutely rocking! You cant teach that!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

futurama-steam-sale-robbed.jpg

Taiwanese people are really nice, the place is super safe and there are jobs plus the weather is good though we were starting to get into "too hot for an Irishman" season now. Also the foreigners who come here tend not to be dicks (there are exceptions) as it's one step removed from where people usually go.

And yeah can't bayte the folk on PW and that's not just the PW mod talking... Never said such things when I modded soccer :pac:

Ah Soccer, there's always bound to be trolls there. What's the worst you've seen? Taiwan sounds great thanks for informing me about it :D

Lord TSC wrote: »
    futurama-steam-sale-robbed.jpg

So what did you buy TSC? Not a PC Gamer but doesn't take a fool to know that Steam sales are awesome!

Ah Soccer, there's always bound to be trolls there. What's the worst you've seen? Taiwan sounds great thanks for informing me about it :D

won't go into too much detail on trolls but its sad when you see how much some's lives can revolve around things like boards etc i.e when people take disliking a poster so far that they move to giving them grief off site. Have seen that before :(:mad:

Suppose I should point out that there are some negatives about TW like how not everyone has great English but tbh you can get by without Chinese and well educated have a high standard of English, or how Taipei has pretty bad air pollution. SHould also emphasize that its not China!

Waheey! 'Hon Walters!

Waheey! 'Hon Walters!

Stream has been working smoothly since 15secs before the goal... Waheey indeed!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I may have forgotten the match had started already, so when I saw "Walters" my first thought was it was waltersobchak back >_>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The crossing at times on the right wing is beyond atrocious but it's as good an Ireland performance as we've seen in a few years.

Advertisement