Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Angron wrote: »
    I may have forgotten the match had started already, so when I saw "Walters" my first thought was it was waltersobchak back >_>

Nah it's not draft time yet.

Not kicking ass by any means but nice to see Ireland on top and ahead against a side who aren't terrible. That said the scots haven't been great. Stream is so smooth now :) first 30mins was a mess

Edit: jayyysus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

No sure of the rules for pimping your wares here but I was wondering could I post info about the TEDx talk I was telling you about?

I'll be talking a bit about Becky Lynch and Sasha banks and I'll be trying to break the world record the rock set for selfies.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

No sure of the rules for pimping your wares here but I was wondering could I post info about the TEDx talk I was telling you about?

I'll be talking a bit about Becky Lynch and Sasha banks and I'll be trying to break the world record the rock set for selfies.

Don't see a problem with you sticking up the info as a 1 off as there was discussion on here about it and your a regular poster who doe sent just post about such things.

C'mon t feck Ireland, 2nd half not going well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The converter near my parents house seems to blow every year. It even nearly fried during the week coz of the heat. And our mains pipe runs over land. There's too much rock to break through to bury it sufficiently so every big frost is a worry
    What does that look like when the converter blows? I witnessed a lightbulb exploding yesterday morning, which was kind of strange, glass went everywhere and there was a few sparks flying around. I decided not to go near it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Feck. Had to leave the meeting early to catch the train home. Knew I should of brought the car up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Thanks very much BH! Holding out for a second goal to put Ireland ahead now.

The event will be on June 20th in the Trinity Science Gallery Dublin. I'll be talking about sexism in Gaming, comics and wrestling and there'll be a host of other high profile speakers on the day too. All their Bios are on the website and ticket details are here too.

I'm also going to try and beat The Rocks world record for the most selfies taken in three minutes with the help of the audience.

Thanks lads hope to see a few of you there!

http://www.tedxyouththespire.com/

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/tedxyouththespire-tickets-16137409426

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

What does that look like when the converter blows? I witnessed a lightbulb exploding yesterday morning, which was kind of strange, glass went everywhere and there was a few sparks flying around. I decided not to go near it.

Lots of sparks really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That game of football was one of the most depressing I've seen in a long time. What was really sad was I just knew we had little to no chance of getting a goal in the final ten minutes. There was no hope.

It's going to be even worse if the Euro 2016 line-up contains NI, Wales, Scotland and England. We'll be like the kid who doesn't get invited to the party (something I can well relate to :pac:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So what did you buy TSC? Not a PC Gamer but doesn't take a fool to know that Steam sales are awesome!

Not much yet. Grabbed The Bureau: X Com Declassified for €3.50, Wasteland 2 for €20 and This War of Mine for €7. Hoping for Telltale's GOT game to drop down to round €10 as well.

Stocking up for the Steam Console at this stage :P

I mean, if you're not a PC gamer, Steam sales are a great, great place to start. Some amazing games at dirt prices right now. Just make sure you buy during the daily or flash sales as opposed to just the general sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

My first time going to our Soccer AGM last night, got appointed as Social Media manager and given the club phone which is very humbling as I'm only 16 (about to turn 17). My brother is going for an interview for the position of Junior A manager next Friday, should go well with all his experience.

• Advertisement

Lots of sparks really
    I'm leaving this dreaded wasteland now in favour of Ireland's oldest cityscape, Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I'm leaving this dreaded wasteland now in favour of Ireland's oldest cityscape, Waterford.

Well you know that kinda baseball lights shattering sparks just more of that.
    I've never been to Waterford I'll go now on that recommendation

It's days like today that make connemara a pain to live in. It's the day where families visit the kids who are in Irish colleges. The coast road can't handle all that traffic. I drove from spidal to inverin in 2nd gear and didn't touch the accelerator it happens 4_6 times a year and I feel so stupid when I forget about it

Add in the football match I'd say the westside of Galway will be a pain today

just leaving this here.

Just bought my tickets for Limerick and Tipp in the Gaelic Grounds next Sunday in the City End Terrace, should be mighty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,368 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

My first time going to our Soccer AGM last night, got appointed as Social Media manager and given the club phone which is very humbling as I'm only 16 (about to turn 17). My brother is going for an interview for the position of Junior A manager next Friday, should go well with all his experience.

Congratulations and good luck with your new appointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Lord TSC wrote: »
    While I dont disagree that women can be used as sexual objects in video games, it's also worth pointing out that men are often put up on unobtainable pedestals as well; for every Lara Croft, there's a Marcus Fenix who is built like a truck. Games, in general for both sides of the gender divide, are all too keen to offer up these overtly sexulaised, perfect specimens. :/

Yeah but there are a greater variety of roles for men so it's easy to find an alternative.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Congratulations and good luck with your new appointment

Thanks very much, I'm really excited!

Well you know that kinda baseball lights shattering sparks just more of that.
    I've never been to Waterford I'll go now on that recommendation

It's days like today that make connemara a pain to live in. It's the day where families visit the kids who are in Irish colleges. The coast road can't handle all that traffic. I drove from spidal to inverin in 2nd gear and didn't touch the accelerator it happens 4_6 times a year and I feel so stupid when I forget about it

Add in the football match I'd say the westside of Galway will be a pain today
    It only took me about 4 and a half hours, including pitstops. That's a quick journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Started a new job today that shaves around 2 and a half hours off my commute. I won't know what to do with myself soon!

Anyone gonna be watching GOT tonight?
    I powered through all 4 seasons in a week a few months back so it's all I've been talking about lately.

I binged 3 seasons. Its a killer waiting for the weekly episodes now :P

E3 just announced the XOne will become backwards compatable. As if my backlog wasn't long enough :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

E3 just announced the XOne will become backwards compatable. As if my backlog wasn't long enough :P

hope it leads to the PS4 doing the same, never got through my wishlist and would love some of the classics too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ermahgerd!!
    That is fantastic news. I will soon be able to permanently disconnect my dust gathering 360!

I just turned mine on for the first time in months. Sounds like an airplane is taking off :P

Only regret is I've not been keeping up on claiming 360 Games with Gold free games. Would have had 2 years of free games to go back through :pac:

I have a very small television in my place here, and I decided not to get any of the latest generation of consoles until I bought a new T.V. Someone laughed when I though H.D was luxury.

Anyone get a chance to watch the video I posted here yesterday? If you have what kind you think of it??

cena wrote: »
    Anyone get a chance to watch the video I posted here yesterday? If you have what kind you think of it??
    Good enough actually, the sport will never blow up here though unfortunately.

At first, I saw $150 and thought "For a controller? **** off...."

And then I read on. And now I want one. And I don't care the price. It looks incredible.

Good enough actually, the sport will never blow up here though unfortunately.

How do you get that?Sure we a team playing in Russia this year.

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    How do you get that?Sure we a team playing in Russia this year.

How many ice rinks do we have?

Advertisement