Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    FF7 is easily my favourite game of all time. Ive waited years for it to be remade..... sadly Im now out of the gaming world, the odd game of FIFA is all I can muster with real life.

Those of you who havent played FF7, get it and kiss your life goodbye. Its awesome on PSone and this remake surely will be better.

Another big FF7 fan here. I got the Playstation so that I could play this game. I remember the trailer with the birds flying by and thinking, 'I must get this game.'

Had a lot of fun times discussing the game with classmates as well.

I'm not sure how the remake will do but I feel compelled to get it. Like yourself I'm not really up to speed with the gaming world these days. Most of my gaming purchases in recent years have been for the 3DS (which I love). My most recent console is a Playstation 3 I got years ago.

I think I might get a PS4 though to play this game. I also want to play the new Metal Gear Solid game as I'm a huge fan of that series as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I haven't got a PS4 either but with the FF7 remake and Fallout 4 I wish I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd be tempted to get a PS4 just for the new Batman game that's coming out on the 23rd

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have FF7 on pc, and to be completely honest, I don't get the big deal. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but I never at any point felt it was as good as people made it out to be. I just don't think the FF games are for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd be tempted to get a PS4 just for the new Batman game that's coming out on the 23rd

I wish it was out on ps3 :(

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    I wish it was out on ps3 :(

You'd think they'd release it for both PS3 & XBOX 360 along w/PS4, XBOX ONE. Kinda unfair leaving those with the PS3 & 360 behind.

You'd think they'd release it for both PS3 & XBOX 360 along w/PS4, XBOX ONE. Kinda unfair leaving those with the PS3 & 360 behind.

I have to disagree. The new consoles are out nearly 2 years now. Its about time that they start focusing solely on them to make the best games possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Angron wrote: »
    I have FF7 on pc, and to be completely honest, I don't get the big deal. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but I never at any point felt it was as good as people made it out to be. I just don't think the FF games are for me.

Each to their own i suppose. I prefer ff8 to 7 but i'd still get the remake. The original hasn't aged well but is still fun to play. The game is a bit overrated by the huge amount of fanboys in the franchise who think its the best one out of the bunch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think FF7 is probably one you'd have to have played when it was "new", so that the nostalgia of it all kind of helps you along. I play it every 2 years or so. Got a Vita and have 7,8,9, 10 and 10-2 loaded on it and cycle through them :P

I remember a friend of mine got the game back when I was a young'un, and he never shut up about how amazing FF7 was. So I finally decided to get it, this fabled "Final Fantasy" game. Was over in Manchester and spotted it (this was back before games were as easy to buy; short of a trip to Dublin, didn't get much chance to buy such games). Grab Final Fantasy and bring it home.
    Anyway, I notice I've picked up FF8, and rang him up, asking if it's the right game. He freaks out, not knowing that FF8 had even released. Hounded me for ages to borrow it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Did anyone see tony Hawks "5"?
    Good lord it looks awful. The gameplay is exactly the same which I suppose is nostalgic enough but the graphics are soooo bad.

• Advertisement

Does the PS4 have much in way of exclusives? Me and the brother are talking about getting one. He wants Bloodborne. I wanted KH3 but just read it's actually cross-platforms. And it seems most of the games that get bundled with PS4s (GTA, Batman, Fifa) are already on Xbox anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Does the PS4 have much in way of exclusives? Me and the brother are talking about getting one. He wants Bloodborne. I wanted KH3 but just read it's actually cross-platforms. And it seems most of the games that get bundled with PS4s (GTA, Batman, Fifa) are already on Xbox anyway.

The Last of Us is serious, one of the best. Uncharted 4 when it comes will be unreal too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Lord TSC wrote: »

At the moment I don't think there's any point in owning both consoles. There's only really Bloodborne & The Last of Us that I could recommend as exclusives. Assuming you had a 360 and not a PS3 I would recommend waiting until closer to Christmas so you can get the Uncharted trilogy ahead of Uncharted 4 next year. PS+ is great value though so if you're absolutely positive you'll be getting a PS4 I'd subscribe to that now to take advantage of the free games.

Should have mentioned actually; I did have a PS3 (that was basically a Netflix machine). A few months back, I managed to grab TLoU and the Uncharted trilogy quite cheap, so they really wouldn't be much of a draw :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Tony Hawks 5 game did look awful.

I kind of wish they done a HD remake of Tony Hawk's Underground, that is my favourite game of the Tony Hawks franchise by far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Why is so hard to just go to belfast and have some time

Any Iron Maiden fans here?? If so, mark September 4th on the calendar.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/new-iron-maiden-studio-album-the-book-of-souls.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yes and no. I used to like them a lot when I was a teenager. I can't remember the last time I actually listened to a record by them though. I admire their longevity greatly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I hated Uncharted 3. The puzzles were far too difficult, so I just quit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Any Iron Maiden fans here?? If so, mark September 4th on the calendar.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/new-iron-maiden-studio-album-the-book-of-souls.html

AMAZING news! I am a huge Maiden fan - really hope this signals an improvement in Bruce's health!

I hasten to add, I still bust out my Iron Maiden Vans whenever. I want to make that kind of a "statement."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

well the saga is complete.

Its alive!

wMZ4dC7.jpg?2

Congratulations. So what is the first task you have lined up for your new piece of equipment? I am back in the wasteland of Connemara, thank god for the internet, I'll say ha.

Congratulations. So what is the first task you have lined up for your new piece of equipment? I am back in the wasteland of Connemara, thank god for the internet, I'll say ha.

Set it up with more editing software than is humanly needed then edit a short movie

Has the short movie been shot already or is that more of a long-term plan? I was in one before.

next week hopefully all going well

AMAZING news! I am a huge Maiden fan - really hope this signals an improvement in Bruce's health!

Bruce as far as has been known is recovering well but the touring has been put on the back burner til the New Year, obviously to allow Bruce enough time to recover before the Maiden machine kicks into life again.

Fingers crossed for a Dublin show sometime next year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Im turning into my dad listening to Level 42 and Steely Dan and Im quite happy with that! All the yoof of today can keep their Jessie J's and Iggy Azelleas

• Advertisement

Steely Dan are amazing. Can't Buy A Thrill and Two Against Nature are two brilliant records.

Advertisement