Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Watched Jurassic Park 3 - I enjoyed it, but not something I'd be aching to see twice. Couldn't live up to JP1 (it's one of the greatest movies of all time) but it was fun enough. It wouldn't be much a film if they had some sense and you know, avoided the dinos running free and all that. Although wasn't a fan at the gaping plothole at the end of the movie! Wtf! Chris Pratt played a super-cool manly dino wrangler/whisperer and felt quite 'I'm here because my character's written in the movie' as opposed to slotting in easier. His back story is fumbled through quickly. Oh God though, the advertisements. They converse about it trying to make it ok, but Jesus, how many shots of the merc logo did they put in? It was shameless. It's almost exclusively CG dinosaurs which was a bit disappointing. Some cool callbacks to the first film were great. All in all though, I'd recommend everyone go see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I assume you've removed the actual Jurassic Park 3 from your memory. Wish I could do the same.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I assume you've removed the actual Jurassic Park 3 from your memory. Wish I could do the same.....

Been well-conditioned hearing the reviews of JP2 & 3 so my expectations were suitably lowered. Jurassic World is #2 out of the 4, so there's that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I thought it was good, despite falling asleep for a while in the middle of it. Nice mindless chaos.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I liked Jurassic World, just saw it there. I get a feeling I might be given out to by some friends for liking it though.

• Advertisement

The arts are woefully bad for that kind of thing, people judging each other based on their preferences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I know different strokes etc etc but people who don't like Lost World Jurassic Park don't deserve an opinion on anything. The San Diego scenes are the best in the entire franchise. Really fun film. The third is a pile of **** granted. Liked the new one a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

We ended up selling out the Science Gallery for tomorrow! Hope there's one or two of you there. If not it'll be up on YouTube

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I know different strokes etc etc but people who don't like Lost World Jurassic Park don't deserve an opinion on anything. The San Diego scenes are the best in the entire franchise. Really fun film. The third is a pile of **** granted. Liked the new one a lot.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the second film. Still watch it again every few months or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

For me, The Lost World would have been a better film if it had ended on the ship before T-Rex does San Diego. Need to get around to rewatching JPs 2 and 3 at some point, it's been a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It also has the real star of Jurassic Park no not the Tyrannosaurus Rex

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfs4KxjpDNDHItiYDXEd7Me1jSM5isWlPii6svvAOoUT-mkZDB

JP3 is best remembered for the T-Rex getting jobbed and this shit

Was meant to see Jurassic World today but my back is so ****ed I didn't feel up to going :(

My mother went on a work trip to England in early 1993. She came back with a magazine about dinosaurs, which featured information on this new movie that was coming out, Jurassic Park. I was so excited at finally getting to see dinosaurs moving around. Great memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

So who is gonna bite the bullet and go see the new Terminator on July 2. It looks pretty meh with the whole plot spoiled in the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

As far as i'm concerned i draw the line at 2003 Rise Of The Machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    As far as i'm concerned i draw the line at 2003 Rise Of The Machines.

Both Rise and Salavation you can watch again sparingly unlike Term 1 and 2. Anybody else think the franchise will implode like Die Hard 5 bombing in regards to reviews and legacy?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I thought Salvation was a pile of crap, Hollywood really needs to come up with something original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

To be fair the recent Mad Max was savage, not looking forward to t3 though, but I will give it a go as I love the first 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Zemuppet wrote: »
    Both Rise and Salavation you can watch again sparingly unlike Term 1 and 2. Anybody else think the franchise will implode like Die Hard 5 bombing in regards to reviews and legacy?

Is Salvation the one where Bale shouted a lot and Common stood around looking silly? That was one of the most miserable things to watch and to experience in cinema. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

James McClean should join Celtic so he can spend the rest of his career battering Protestants like he was doing against Scotland :D

I'm not trying to be offensive to Protestants I might add. It's just apparent that James McClean hates them which was further proven during the Ireland and Scotland match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Does anyone remember that thing in the zoo about 20 years ago that was like an exhibition on dinosaurs? They had animatronics and stuff. Or was that a dream?

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    Does anyone remember that thing in the zoo about 20 years ago that was like an exhibition on dinosaurs? They had animatronics and stuff. Or was that a dream?

In the words of The Rock, "You can't mix beer with them funny cigarettes, they don't mix baby you know that!"

No he's talking sense, Advanced Ghost. I was at that back in the day. It was pretty amazing.

We ended up selling out the Science Gallery for tomorrow! Hope there's one or two of you there. If not it'll be up on YouTube

Great to hear, I can go if you can get me a train up to Dublin from Limerick ;)
    Best of luck, hope it all goes great and I'm sure I speak for everyone here not attending when I say that we all look forward to seeing it on YouTube! :)

I'm actually going to Dublin tomorrow and had hoped to drop by but didn't realise it was ticketed. Hey Advanced Ghost, did you have a good birthday afterwards? Sorry I never commented!

I'm actually going to Dublin tomorrow and had hoped to drop by but didn't realise it was ticketed. Hey Advanced Ghost, did you have a good birthday afterwards? Sorry I never commented!

No problem man :) Yeah it was quite a good birthday to be fair made a bit of money for myself which I'm banking along with other presents! Most looking forward to the Limerick match on Sunday and a house party which is going on a few hours after (my first time going to a house party actually, anything I need to know?).

But seriously thanks very much for asking about my birthday even though you missed it, really shows the concern :)

I can give you lots of words about dos and don'ts for house parties, but that depends on what you're trying to achieve, and also, going in as a blank slate to these formative years you're about to embark on will make it all the more memorable I think. Anything you need to know, you will learn over time. Just don't let anyone **** with you, but don't be confrontational.

Schindler's List is very uncomfortable to watch, this is coming from someone who got a talk from a survivor of the Bergen Belsen concentration camps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

The event was a huge success. I have now joined the likes of Stone Cold and John Cena...I beat the Rock(s)(world record).

Have to send the video package to the Guinness world record people and get the cert!

Yesterday was eventful, went to the Limerick match which I won't dwell on and went to a house party after which I spoke to Stereomaniac about. Mighty craic, arrived at 10 drank about 6 or 7 bottles of Bulmers and a bit of West Coast Cooler. Went to a friend's house around 4 (who lives a few houses down from where it was at) and went to sleep. Woke up this morning and got a fry and tea :D All in all great craic for a Sunday night in June!

Also suffering from a hangover....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The event was a huge success. I have now joined the likes of Stone Cold and John Cena...I beat the Rock(s)(world record).

Have to send the video package to the Guinness world record people and get the cert!

Fair play dude! You should lash up the video when you get a chance!

Advertisement