Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

The event was a huge success. I have now joined the likes of Stone Cold and John Cena...I beat the Rock(s)(world record).

Have to send the video package to the Guinness world record people and get the cert!
    Congratulations Broseph, good to see one of our PW guys doing something cool in life. Link us when your talk and/or selfie video goes up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Forgotten how much I love Florida. Everyone is so nice, not because they wNt something but because they are genuinely nice :)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Forgotten how much I love Florida. Everyone is so nice, not because they wNt something but because they are genuinely nice :)

How long you there for? Could/would you go to TNA tapings if you wanted to?

How long you there for? Could/would you go to TNA tapings if you wanted to?

10 days.

Have been to TNA tapings in the past but don't bother any more; even ignoring the fact I don't follow them at all anymore, the system of getting in isn't great.f you have tickets to Universal studios for the day of tapings, you have a massive queue (hours long) to get in. If you don't have tickets, you join a backup line outside the park which may or may not get in.

Last time, there was a real "boys club" as well. The regulars jumped line and were massively obnoxious about it, letting the crowds know they were jumping the line.

Also not sure if dates add up. I know NXT didn't, sadly. Would have killed to get to a show, but they recorded the week before and week after I am here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I had a holiday booked for Orlando in January for the rumble but something's come up which means we can't go. Im gutted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

CMpunked wrote: »
    I had a holiday booked for Orlando in January for the rumble but something's come up which means we can't go. Im gutted!

bummer. I'll take the tickets off you hand :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

going back in October. Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

cena wrote: »
    bummer. I'll take the tickets off you hand :P

I didn't even get the tickets into my hand to be able to pass them to anyone. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

I didn't even get the tickets into my hand to be able to pass them to anyone. :(

can you at least get the money back?

Sorry Punked :(

Apparently it's storm season over here. Just got given. Pack about how to deal with the horrendous rain which is soaking you to ye bone in seconds :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Sorry Punked :(

Apparently it's storm season over here. Just got given. Pack about how to deal with the horrendous rain which is soaking you to ye bone in seconds :pac:

A feeling you've never felt before I'd guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It was like October today when I was driving through Tipperary. The sky was grey and lifeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Does anyone remember that thing in the zoo about 20 years ago that was like an exhibition on dinosaurs? They had animatronics and stuff. Or was that a dream?

I remember it... Dino Live I believe it was called! So so good to an 8 year old me. I got obsessed with dinosaurs and collected the weekly magazines. Do you remember the Glow in the dark dinosaur you had to build week by week?

Heres a pic from Dino Live

75435_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Omackeral wrote: »
    I remember it... Dino Live I believe it was called! So so good to an 8 year old me. I got obsessed with dinosaurs and collected the weekly magazines. Do you remember the Glow in the dark dinosaur you had to build week by week?

Heres a pic from Dino Live

blue%20dinosaur%20binder.jpg

How could I forget !!!!!

41T5Y7Z3S8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

beakerjoe wrote: »
    How could I forget !!!!!

41T5Y7Z3S8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I built that T-Rex... think the model even glowed in the dark....I don't remember correctly as my dad broke it by knocking it off the top of the fridge :(
    Then you had to build a Stegosaurus but I kept missing issues as I couldn't afford them, I remember there was a Q&A on the back and they always asked the guy 'What colour are dinosaurs?' or 'Asking did Dinosaur X even meet Dinosaur Y' Blew my mind when he said they likely had feathers :o

Gay Marriage is now legal in America, accross the entire nation. Coupled with Obamacare being passed yesterday, the republicans are having fits :pac:

Gay Marriage is now legal in America, accross the entire nation. Coupled with Obamacare being passed yesterday, the republicans are having fits :pac:

Good for them

04_Billy_Chuck_Wedding-2.jpg

WWE well ahead of the trend here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hopefully NI will follow soon enough. They are challenging that in the courts at the moment.

On a sadder note it's being reported that an Irish woman has died in that Tunisian terrorist attack.

Hopefully NI will follow soon enough. They are challenging that in the courts at the moment.

On a sadder note it's being reported that an Irish woman has died in that Tunisian terrorist attack.

Just read that, they just attacked a tourist resort. Scum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Dino books
    Oh my. I remember my 4th class year having a whole shelf of those (no 3D glasses though, unfortunately). It was always a blast to read those during my free time.

• Advertisement

Just dislocated my finger in a football match, sitting here waiting to be told when my appointment is. 1 thank = 1 respect.

Edit: Doctor popped it back in, I think my baby finger is sprained as well which you might be able to see by the blueness of it. :D

9BunYvHl.jpg
    If anyone wants to see the pictures of it out of place, just ask :D

Got to meet Limerick hurlers Cian Lynch & Donal O'Grady today at the opening of a furniture store, awfully nice lads! :D Off Topic has been very quiet lately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mastodon were so fecking amazing last night :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

So I just went viral today thanks to benchwarmers picking up my video. Had no idea that would happen and the guy i was talking about messages me personally an was not happy.

Sirsok wrote: »
    So I just went viral today thanks to benchwarmers picking up my video. Had no idea that would happen and the guy i was talking about messages me personally an was not happy.
    Saw it on my feed today but I ignored it. Congrats, I'll check it out now!

Saw it on my feed today but I ignored it. Congrats, I'll check it out now!

It's utter nonsense to be honest with the intention of making my mates laugh then it just caught on.

That was fúcking hilarious man! :D Cracking hair also! What is your opinion of Cian Twomey and his videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That video literally hit the nail on the head and i applaud it.

I find those Cian Twomey videos stupid and not 1 bit funny.

Ha thanks dude, I think fair fecks to him, doing what he has done is incredible I just don't enjoy his comedy and ignored it untill it became unavoidable..... So as I occasionally make videos I thought I'd make a bit of a pisstake of his ones....

his fans are pretty butthurt though , the original video on my page before it got picked up stayed how jealous I was of him

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That video literally hit the nail on the head and i applaud it.

I find those Cian Twomey videos stupid and not 1 bit funny.

Agreed.

Advertisement