Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Ah i see, if you don't mind my asking, was it your first time seeing Mastodon? Or have you seen them live before?
    It was my 9th time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Had Soccer training on Tuesday, the field had been cut that day and it was hot that evening whilst we trained so there were lots of midges. My arms and legs are currently covered in hives as a result and it's gotten to the point where I hardly want to go outside. I'm dying with itch and if a piece of clothing even slightly rubs off my legs it get's agitated and itchy. I've put cream on them but it's effect is minimal. Dear God kill me.

I tend to catch a bit of an itch when the sun comes out as well, and I sweat a lot. It's not good. However, it's not as bad as I have gotten older. I find I don't burn as easily in the sun as I used to. Probably a lot of that is down to the fact that the WWE Network now exists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Had Soccer training on Tuesday, the field had been cut that day and it was hot that evening whilst we trained so there were lots of midges. My arms and legs are currently covered in hives as a result and it's gotten to the point where I hardly want to go outside. I'm dying with itch and if a piece of clothing even slightly rubs off my legs it get's agitated and itchy. I've put cream on them but it's effect is minimal. Dear God kill me.

Who do you play for man?

Is anyone going to anything in The Marquee in Cork this Summer? I love that series of shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MsGiggles

Heat rash, why oh why....:mad:

I've missed work with the thing earlier in the year and everything. It's not easy being so pale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MsGiggles

I've missed work with the thing earlier in the year and everything. It's not easy being so pale.
    from heat rash ?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Who do you play for man?
    Just my local Soccer team here in Limerick, not sure if it's wise to give out the name? What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Walked around temple bar yesterday shouting "Will sell girlfriend for AC/DC ticket!" Unfortunately no takers so I couldn't go. Anyone see them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Friend on mine went, he ****ing loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is anyone going to anything in The Marquee in Cork this Summer? I love that series of shows.

Im finished for this year. Saw Beck who was pretty good and John Legend who was absolutely incredible.

The shirts on Pro Wrestling Tees are a bit too big for my liking, would it be dickish of me to buy knockoffs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The shirts on Pro Wrestling Tees are a bit too big for my liking, would it be dickish of me to buy knockoffs?

Yeah it would, big time. Just buy smaller sizes! Don't support the a**holes who rip off their work.

I'm 5'6 :( Unfortunately my height kinda prevents me from buying adult sizes from abroad, I'm fine at home.

Oh by the way some of you may remember I mentioned how my brother was going for the manager position for the Junior A Soccer team, he got the position and we've started our pre-season training twice a week as of this week (Tuesdays and Fridays). Hopefully he can take us places this season :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So Reddit seems to have gone into revolt following the sudden firing of Victoria, who seems to have been the main liaison for people doing IAMAs and the mods there. Seems that after a host of problems continued to develop, the mods have snapped and now half the major subreddits are down...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Walked around temple bar yesterday shouting "Will sell girlfriend for AC/DC ticket!" Unfortunately no takers so I couldn't go. Anyone see them?

I was there - one of the best gigs I have ever seen! Just brilliant!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So Reddit seems to have gone into revolt following the sudden firing of Victoria, who seems to have been the main liaison for people doing IAMAs and the mods there. Seems that after a host of problems continued to develop, the mods have snapped and now half the major subreddits are down...

I wouldn't feel remotely upset if that site just died altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I like reddit but I don't follow the whole behind the scenes stuff whatsoever (similar to here). Just like here there's really useful forums and some absolute arse on there. What I do find hilarious is how much reddit gets slagged by people who seem to browse it loyally. I notice it especially amongst people I follow on Twitter yet they'll be the first to screencap/rob interesting stuff on there. I dunno though, hatewatchers in any walk of life fascinate me. There's an underlying depression there for sure. I might do a thesis on it someday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I visit Reddit as much as I do boards, and use it as a fairly good news aggregator. Soccer, Television, Movies, Rooster Teeth, Red Devils, aww....some good sources for general news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I have been on Reddit once. It hurt my head. Not for me at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Reddit was excellent about 3-4 years ago, before all those childish rage comics flooded it and attracted the kids and mainstream. Now it's full of a lot of kids, pretentious teens and twenty uear olds who look down on people wih different opinions than theirs and unfunny posts.

After they killed off their completion a few years back such as Digg and 9gag, all those awful users from those sites have come to reddit and ruined lots of subs.

The mob mentality is crazy on that site though, as shown by this sad "revolt".

Still some great subs on it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Great video Sirsok. I think you posted an awesome video on the football manager forum a while back.

Ignore the eejits.

Only seen this now winnie thanks very much! Ha I couldn't ignore them as I was hungover an thy made for hilarious reading with the lads! Who would of thought the internet could entice so much hate!But thanks again thy really is appreciated!

Well Sirsok how was Wrestling training? I hope this guy wasn't there :D
    bill-demott.jpg

It was brilliant! My car had broke down so got a bus to Dublin , and it really was great, cause I trained before they let me wrestle a six man, and I scored my first victory ever even in training! It's still real to me dammit!

Sirsok wrote: »
    It was brilliant! My car had broke down so got a bus to Dublin , and it really was great, cause I trained before they let me wrestle a six man, and I scored my first victory ever even in training! It's still real to me dammit!
    Fantastic I'm delighted for you, what's the gimmick name gonna be? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Keeping with the Irish roots it would have to be Sir Socky!

When are we going to get t-shirts that say Boards Club? Have the Boards logo replace the Skeleton (?) and have Boards stuff on the sides to replace the guns and bullets! :D
    02281741_53104bb720880.jpg

I'm thinking about goin with "The Artist" Aerthyn Woulfe.... The artist comes about because the ring is a canvas, and I want to be the Da Vinci of violence and Aerthyn Woulfe came about because I was working in a call centre before and got a call fr a customer and thy was his name and I thought that was ****in awesome

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »
    I'm thinking about goin with "The Artist" Aerthyn Woulfe.... The artist comes about because the ring is a canvas, and I want to be the Da Vinci of violence and Aerthyn Woulfe came about because I was working in a call centre before and got a call fr a customer and thy was his name and I thought that was ****in awesome
    Lawsuit down the line bro :D

Advertisement