Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Well lads, I'm in Shannon Airport right now getting ready to fly out to Salou in the next few hours. I'm not sure what's the story with WiFi over there but I'll try and post if I've got any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Well lads, I'm in Shannon Airport right now getting ready to fly out to Salou in the next few hours. I'm not sure what's the story with WiFi over there but I'll try and post if I've got any.

Concentrate on enjoying yourself not wasting your time on here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Enjoy your hols but save that stuff for FB, we don't need to be reading your daily diary!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Christ, enjoy your holidays, enjoy the sun. Dont waste your time posting on feckin boards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

mate you may be addicted to boards if thats what your worried about when going on holidays

• Advertisement

I'm not addicted, just letting people know that I'll be inactive for the week. There's WiFi here so I'll use it at night in my downtime if at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It's one week. Make the absolute most of your holidays. You'll regret it bigtime if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Enjoy everything Salou has to offer, don't mind Boards for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Lads I'm looking for a decent online music tee store to cover some presents in the next month. Kind of a weird range but I'm looking to get a Passion Pit tee and a Talking Heads one but they're near impossible to get online bar those "delivery in 6-10 years" Yank sites and also custom fees are bad. What sites do ye use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Enjoy your hols in Salou

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I went to Salou once and man, there was biblical thunder and lightening. Think it was Sept/Oct tho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Heh, I was wearing a Bullet Club t-shirt, one of my friends took a picture that you could see it in. Her boyfriend messaged her later freaking out at someone wearing a Bullet Club shirt :pac:

And I'm back! Holiday was great, I won't say too much because nobody cares but I got to go to the Nou Camp and go through the stadium and museum and bought a jersey. Contemplating getting a name on the back of it but I'm unsure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Any ladies bro?!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Any ladies bro?!
    Haha, it's tough enough (hehe) trying to branch out on my own when I'm on a family holiday! Besides, I'm chipping away on one or two Treaty women back here in Limerick ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Man Utd and Adidas have unveils the new kit for the next season

manchester-united-kit-launch-august-2015_3331956.jpg?20150801003437

Looks kinda... I dunno... German, or something to me. Must be the 3 stripe design on the shoulders

So this seems to be 1,000 posts for me! Really enjoying my time here on Boards since I actually became properly active at the start of 2015.
    Also those United Jerseys are awesome Gerry.

I love the new United jersey, was looking at the club's mega store earlier, €90 for a long sleeved men's home jersey, may wait a few months see if the price drops before splashing out.

They don't seem to have them on Money Mike Ashley's SportsDirect. Would you buy a long-sleeved one?

They don't seem to have them on Money Mike Ashley's SportsDirect. Would you buy a long-sleeved one?

They are here, http://ie.sportsdirect.com/, aye definitely buying the long sleeved jersey prefer them to the short sleeves.

• Advertisement

Ah sorry, I went to the United section on the site and it wasn't there.
    I had a long-sleeve Munster jersey back in 2006, first and last long-sleeved I had as it was bought for me as a gift. It wasn't that I didn't like it, I just prefered short-sleeve.
    N2E5MDc0MTM0MGQ4N2ZmMTEyZmE1NzJmZmQ4NjhjMGY6eH0alppk_dT4aIL4HZ0-aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMTQ5Y2RhOWYwOGZiYTBmNzFkODdiMDZjMGIwNTYwOTdiM2E0OTYzZTAwN2U1YzQ1ZWRmMWM3NmEzNGQ4YTk5Mi5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Each to their own in term of jerseys, either long sleeved or short..

I do have last season's home jersey, albeit the short sleeved, even though i had asked for the long sleeved.

Anyone started Soccer training yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm not a big fan of United's last few jerseys. I thought they had some great ones in the nineties, both home and away strips.

The blue and white one from circa 96 was bought for me by an aunt and I recall a lot of people in my class being impressed by it; only me and one other chap had it. I remember around that time too the controversial grey one came out and there was anger from parents that yet another strip had been released. The grey one wasn't bought for me and I remember a few kids I knew who had that one and who slagged me off for not having it; then after the infamous Southampton game I think it was scrapped fairly sharpish. Good old bluey outlasted it. :pac:

Soccer club is starting our Last Man Standing on the 2nd week of the Premiership.
    Here's the fixtures for that week, might pick West Ham to beat Leicester but unsure at the minute https://www.google.ie/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHWA_enIE631IE632&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=premier%20league%20august%202015&es_th=1

Those last man standing competitions are tricky.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Anyone running a Fantasy Football league this year? actually who ran it last year shouldn't you be able to just being back the old league again for this year so were auto in if were using the same account?

I think one of the poster who frequents the Man United thread over in the soccer forum runs one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I mean that we had a PW league the last few years but yeah there are several on the soccer board. I was in the boards one, the boards Villains one and somehow randomly found myself in the Arsenal one too last year, though as always despite doing decent enough life got in the way I messed up on a few weeks and then slowly lost interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I mean that we had a PW league the last few years but yeah there are several on the soccer board. I was in the boards one, the boards Villains one and somehow randomly found myself in the Arsenal one too last year, though as always despite doing decent enough life got in the way I messed up on a few weeks and then slowly lost interest.

Id be interested, just finished my team today....wooo hooo

Advertisement