Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm looking at my own team, still trying to figure what can/could be changed around, and the Sky Sports Super 6 is back as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Fantasy Football is grueling, a lot of effort goes in and that's why I tend to stay away from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Fantasy Football is grueling, a lot of effort goes in and that's why I tend to stay away from it.

First year I'm not bothering. Takes too much time and effort

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I hate how Fantasy Football makes me happy when players i don't particularly like but are in my team do well.

Not going to bother this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I tried fantasy football before, but it was a lot of work. Fall behind one week and it can be a potential nightmare to catch up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Brian Burke an nhl team GM coming to Belfast next Thursday to for all thing ice hockey related.

What involvement do you have in Hockey and what got you into the sport? We had a brief discussion about Hockey before in which I said that I didn't see it blowing up here but thinking about it, I'm sure it could get popular in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

What involvement do you have in Hockey and what got you into the sport? We had a brief discussion about Hockey before in which I said that I didn't see it blowing up here but thinking about it, I'm sure it could get popular in Ireland

I am a level 2 coach. internationally reconsigned coach. Got into it cause of the mighty ducks first movie. Even support the mighty ducks team, not called that any more cause Disney sold the right for the past 20 or so years.

Got my first roller blades at the age of ten from my nan. Got a hockey hockey stick not long after and still use the stick from time to time.
    This year a coaching course came up and I didn't think twice about not doing it. I just love the sport.

The figure skaters of Ireland are so doing well winning competitions world wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's short notice I know, but I've set up a fantasy football league for this forum for anyone interested. Here's the code:

1402740-524620

If we could get 8-10 that would be pretty good.

It's short notice I know, but I've set up a fantasy football league for this forum for anyone interested. Here's the code:

1402740-524620

I may as well give it a go to make up the numbers at the very least, thanks for setting it up!

• Advertisement

Originally called mine The Midnight Express but once I joined the league I realised I was the only one with a Wrestling reference and quickly brainstormed a new name. I'm disappointed that BH didn't name his "Bounty's Babes". :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

fair play
    Originally called mine The Midnight Express but once I joined the league I realised I was the only one with a Wrestling reference and quickly brainstormed a new name. I'm disappointed that BH didn't name his "Bounty's Babes". :D

actually spent zero time thinking of a name but.... changed for the craic :pac:

Is this Fantasy Football worthy of a thread? I would imagine so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

How many are in so far, I'd say it's grand staying in off topic. I'll join when I get back from football later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is this Fantasy Football worthy of a thread? I would imagine so.
    No. Off topic thread is fine. I'll join later.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

1402740-524620

To be sociable I joined up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I'm in. Hope no one works out what pw stands for

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anyone have any idea when universities send out course registration forms for the incoming 1st years?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not too bad, Longford Town got a draw in Dundalk. 6th looks to be as high as we'll get this season, but for the first season back up I'll happily take that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shamrock Rovers keeper Craig Hyland had a nightmare in last nights Dublin Derby vs St Pats.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kdjacl/status/629745286785691648

https://mobile.twitter.com/kdjacl/status/629757428339474432/video/1

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Shamrock Rovers keeper Craig Hyland had a nightmare in last nights Dublin Derby vs St Pats.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kdjacl/status/629745286785691648

https://mobile.twitter.com/kdjacl/status/629757428339474432/video/1
    That first goal gave me Taibi flashbacks >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

All Blacks-Oz, United Spurs, Wales game, two AI QF's. Don't even need to leave bed today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

All Blacks-Oz, United Spurs, Wales game, two AI QF's. Don't even need to leave bed today.

Best weather I've seen in weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I was the only one with a Wrestling reference and quickly brainstormed a new name.
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    I'm in. Hope no one works out what pw stands for

Not liking this closet wrestling fan vibe I'm getting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

A new store has opened in the upper half of GameStop. Imagine forbidden planet but without comic books and the major collectibles. They gave out €25 vouchers to the first 40 people in the door (as well as a goodie bag with posters, key chains, plush toys and a mug). Used the Voucher to buy a Thanos money box and a batman notebook. Good stuff and they didn't cost a penny!

Looking forward to Comic Con tomorrow to unload my actual money at the stalls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

IDIOT ALERT. IDIOT ALERT (Me):o

Lads I need a new TV, prepared to spend some money, 90% of telly I watch is netflix, streaming sites etc, is their any advantage to get a smart tv over a hdtv? Big difference in cost.

Sorry if that is a stupid question.:o:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Rjd2 wrote: »
    IDIOT ALERT. IDIOT ALERT (Me):o

Lads I need a new TV, prepared to spend some money, 90% of telly I watch is netflix, streaming sites etc, is their any advantage to get a smart tv over a hdtv? Big difference in cost.

Sorry if that is a stupid question.:o:o

Just buy a normal Full HD tv and a chromecast. Best of both worlds for much cheaper, and most smart tvs "smart functions" are terribly laggy and never maintained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

A new store has opened in the upper half of GameStop. Imagine forbidden planet but without comic books and the major collectibles.

sounds like Loot Crate stuff, but with Gamestop prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

sounds like Loot Crate stuff, but with Gamestop prices.

Nah the prices aren't too bad really. Pop Vinyls for about €13, keychains and knickknacks ranging from €3-€17 and then some cool household items and shirts from about €20 up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Anyone see gomis celebration against Chelsea today? Crawling with the dreadlocks, reminded me of Balor

Advertisement