Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Missed all the games today due to a big family reunion. Is Aguero fit for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Man City play on Monday against West Brom.

Arsenal/West Ham, Stoke/Liverpool is the Super Sunday line up tomorrow.

An Alan Pardew side scored 3 goals today. wat.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Rjd2 wrote: »
    regular vs smart TV
    I just have a HDTV and works grand. Mind you I've a PS3 to watch Netflix/WWE Network. If that's not an issue go for the cheaper one! I find Chromecast to be quite iffy myself, I've a HDMI cable for the computer if needs be, works brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

IDIOT ALERT. IDIOT ALERT (Me):o

Lads I need a new TV, prepared to spend some money, 90% of telly I watch is netflix, streaming sites etc, is their any advantage to get a smart tv over a hdtv? Big difference in cost.

Sorry if that is a stupid question.:o:o

Smart TV apps can be buggy and not functional very well. You can link up devices such as Samsung phone/tab. Either go with them or LG for "smart" but I would get a "non-smart" TV. Add-ons like a chromecast are a wee bit finicky for some things but it depends what kinda price you're aiming for and what deals you can get when you buy.

If you want fewer devices, use Netflix and Youtube regularly then get a "Smart TV".

Bare in mind that with whatever you buy you are at the mercy of that companies development programme.

Ps, games consoles like PS3 for streaming are awful due to the fan noise.

• Advertisement

Would anyone want to take part in a Last Man Standing among ourselves starting next week? I could make out a spreadsheet online of everyone's choice for the week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Surprised at Chelsea getting held to a draw, and Arsenal losing.

Also, the own goal in United's game against Spurs, it's the first time the opening goal of the season has been an own goal.

God i love it when i'm right :D, told both my father & sister on Friday (both Arsenal supporters) that Arsenal would lose against West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    God i love it when i'm right :D, told both my father & sister on Friday (both Arsenal supporters) that Arsenal would lose against West Ham.

Did you back it? Would've got decent odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Joe Gomez of Liverpool is in my Fantasy Football team. He got 8 points today. He's on my bench and all my first team have played.

I forgot how frustrating this game can be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Joe Gomez of Liverpool is in my Fantasy Football team. He got 8 points today. He's on my bench and all my first team have played.

Oh bloody hell, I'd completely forgotten that aspect of it. I know I've had that happen a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I left 17 points on the bench yesterday. Richards & Ayew with Coates there to make me feel slightly better. It'll happen a few times during the season, never gets less annoying.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Did you back it? Would've got decent odds.

No i didn't back it :(, pointless asking now, but what were the odds on West Ham before the game??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    No i didn't back it :(, pointless asking now, but what were the odds on West Ham before the game??

Arsenal were 1/5 so I'd imagine the hammers were about 12/1 or possibly even 14/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Gomez got 3 bonus points too. He will be subbed in for me :)

Not sure if this is the right place but I think we discussed it here before, WWE Euroshop are offering 40% t-shirts for today only when you use a code that they give you at checkout and WWE Shop are having a "Buy one t-shirt, get one free" deal when you use the promo code BOGO.

Have Yaya Toure in my Fantasy Premier League team, forget to put him in the team, he goes and scores twice tonight :pac:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

He's got a cleansheet, he's got a cleansheet, Joe Hart has got a cleansheet!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I am having a problem with my laptop. Basically it keeps freezing when windows is loading. I get prompted to start up repair but then the repairs pop up bpx never appears to run that either just a grey screen. I don't think anything was installed or uninstalled on it lately.
    Any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Its an obvious answer but go have it looked at. I had the same issues with previous laptops and got them to repair, they just replaced the motherboard.

I am horrid with computers though so I may not be the best person to lesson though. Heck I had to pay someone to write this post, I am that ****e with them.:p

• Advertisement

Has everyone here seen Borat? Sweet Jesus it has to be one of, if not the funniest film I've ever seen after watching it again recently. Opinions?

Its an obvious answer but go have it looked at. I had the same issues with previous laptops and got them to repair, they just replaced the motherboard.

Yeah might try get get it looked at on Thursday. It's out of warranty so I'm not going to get it fixed if it's too expensive. Just has given me too much trouble I only wanted to use it as my friend needed it for her assignment

Not sure if this is the right place but I think we discussed it here before, WWE Euroshop are offering 40% t-shirts for today only when you use a code that they give you at checkout and WWE Shop are having a "Buy one t-shirt, get one free" deal when you use the promo code BOGO.
    I'm getting the urge to get more wrestling shirts, I'm torn on getting a Roderick Strong either Sick Kick, or Sh*tty Little Boots (those chants were the best at the Rev Pro Summer Sizzler), or else a Shinsuke Nakamura shirt.

If anyone has an android Fallout Shelter has been released today. Adictive it is too. :cool:

Happy 45th Birthday to the top goalscorer in Premiership history with 260 goals, Alan Shearer!
    article-2540165-0510A08A000005DC-23_306x470.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Can you load windows off a DVD? The other thing I'd be worried about is a hardware failure.

To the best of my knowledge, you can load Windows from a DVD, assuming it's the Driver DVD you're talking about... Just stick it in the disk drive and go from there..

That's what i did before..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Can you load windows off a DVD? The other thing I'd be worried about is a hardware failure.

Yes but using a usb is much simpler.

James Harden left Nike and joined Adidas for $200M, keep getting them checks James Harden!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

James Harden left Nike and joined Adidas for $200M, keep getting them checks James Harden!

Who is that? Never heard of him.

Advertisement