Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Omackeral wrote: »
    Who is that? Never heard of him.
    NBA player for the Houston Rockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I have 3 NBA jerseys actually. Cleveland Cavaliers with LeBron James on back, Miami Heat with Dwayne Wade and an Orlando Magic one too with Dwight Howard. I don't follow it though, just like the throwbacks.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I have 3 NBA jerseys actually. Cleveland Cavaliers with LeBron James on back, Miami Heat with Dwayne Wade and an Orlando Magic one too.
    If Seattle had a team I might invest some interest in it. I keep tabs with basketball but no heart for one particular team. I thought the Clippers might move to Seattle after that whole racial debacle with their owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If Seattle had a team I might invest some interest in it. I keep tabs with basketball but no heart for one particular team. I thought the Clippers might move to Seattle after that whole racial debacle with their owner.

What happened there? Ya'll have to tell me cos I've zero idea. Sounds juicy though...

Similar to Hulk Hogan, a private conversation was recorded of the owner of the LA Clippers, Donald Sterling, saying to his girlfriend that he didn't want her to bring black people to the games or post pictures with black people on Instagram.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So I spent the day in London on Wednesday. Didn't have a huge amount of time to do anything, because was there on personal matters rather than for fun. We did have a few hours to kill though, so wandered on over to this building...

IMG_0138.jpg

We didn't have much time and it was an impromptu stop, so didn't get the tour. But batting the eyelids at a security guard did get us in to see over the area where they do all the news stuff, which was beyond awesome. Got to see the weather presented live, and all the people working on their computers.

IMG_0141.jpg

Was probably one of the coolest places I've ever got the change to see into. Really would have loved to have gotten the tour. Was reigniting the past desire to do journalism, which I never opted to go down cause it wasn't a "safe" profession ... which makes me laugh now given how bad the country has gone for even the most basic of jobs :P

Also queued for 90 minutes to get into Madam Tussauds, but had to give up when we realised we'd have another 30 minutes minimum of queueing to get in, and then would have only had a half hour to see everything. And got to see Baker Street as well, which was so far beyond awesome to get to somewhere like that. We didn't get to go in (again, there was a massive queue to enter the house) but just visiting the location of 221b Baker Street was great. Really want to go back for a few days and hit the tourist attractions more properly.

Speaking of Basketball, throwing it back to the Playoffs last year :D:

Ive heard of people in Ireland with hulu but how when you need an american credit card?

With wwe network it was just a vpn you needed but not an american cc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone got a chrome cast? Does it work for watching sky go? I have sky sports on my tablet but would like it on my tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Fùcking coronary in our house watching that. Great game of hurling in a shìte year of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

No it doesn't unfortunately. Sky don't want people getting their service on multiple TVs without paying for Multi Room or Sky Go Extra.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I have high hopes for the hurling final after that today. Hope kilkenny don't hammer galway again.

I'd love to see Galway win but I don't see it happening. I'm hopeful of Limerick winning the All-Ireland in the next 10 years due to our great success underage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ger.C's dogs are probably in an enclosed pool area in the sky. Smuggest man in Ireland walking out of Croker.

You gonna go to the All-Ireland Diabhal?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ger.C's dogs are probably in an enclosed pool area in the sky. Smuggest man in Ireland walking out of Croker.

Swear at 8 this morning I found a ticket to today's game lying on the ground.
    I couldn't go (too much farm work to do) so handed it into a shop. At 6 this evening I was so pissed at myself watching the analysis eating a reheated dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Got 4 bottles of Kopparberg Mixed Fruit in the fridge, to drink or to not drink that is the question.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Got 4 bottles of Kopparberg Mixed Fruit in the fridge, to drink or to not drink that is the question.
    Not on the Lord's day you don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not on the Lord's day you don't!

Well seeing as i don't believe in God, Sunday's just another day to :D i might treat myself to 1..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You gonna go to the All-Ireland Diabhal?
    Hopefully. September is a really busy stag month and I think I'm in Liverpool on the Saturday of the AI Final weekend as the only lad from outside of Westmeath.
    ERG89 wrote: »
    Swear at 8 this morning I found a ticket to today's game lying on the ground.
    I couldn't go (too much farm work to do) so handed it into a shop. At 6 this evening I was so pissed at myself watching the analysis eating a reheated dinner.
    Farming always come before sport. Missed many Junior games for footing turf (I'm **** at footing turf).

• Advertisement

Be interesting to see what course's points will go up/down tomorrow seeing as I've my Leaving Cert this year.

F*ck Reddit, removing my post because it was a "low effort or low quality post"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Be interesting to see what course's points will go up/down tomorrow seeing as I've my Leaving Cert this year.

My final year in school was probably my favourite. Even though there's loads of pressure on the Leaving Cert (too much pressure, really) I remember the atmosphere in classes to have been a lot better. Probably because everyone knew it was soon going to be all over.

In other news, I'm very disappointed United lost out on Pedro. But hearing wee Daniel O'Donnell is going to be in Strictly this year is the best news I've heard in a long time. Imagine him doing a Pasodoble. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Anyone's touch boards.ie not working any more? It's reverting to an odd desktop version for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Anyone's touch boards.ie not working any more? It's reverting to an odd desktop version for me.

Touch is working fine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Mine is fine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

jaykhunter wrote: »

No issues for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Dang. I'm using chrome and its having none of it. It's got theis weird massive and small font thing going on. Cheers lads

My final year in school was probably my favourite. Even though there's loads of pressure on the Leaving Cert (too much pressure, really) I remember the atmosphere in classes to have been a lot better. Probably because everyone knew it was soon going to be all over.

In other news, I'm very disappointed United lost out on Pedro. But hearing wee Daniel O'Donnell is going to be in Strictly this year is the best news I've heard in a long time. Imagine him doing a Pasodoble. :pac:
    What happened with the Pedro deal? I read he was going to United then I went to sleep and by the time I woke up he was gone to Chelsea.

Also, former world number one Colin "Jaws" Lloyd is coming to our pub tommorow night for a darts exhibition. Should be good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

He realised Manyoo are a sinking ship with plastic fans, so he signed for a different club with plastic fans for more money.

Why do you "support" Manyoo?

Oh because my dad did and etc

Bollocks to that - you "support" Manyoo because they won the league lots in the 90s. Most Manyoo fans wavered toward "supporting" Blackburn at one stage.

Advertisement