Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Where's the fun in supporting any teams where you don't personally know (and abuse when they're ****e) at least one player? You're missing out on all the fun IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Speaking of football, FAI Cup Final 3rd round down for decision tonight. My Bohs take on Bray. Gimmick you're a Cork man yeah? How do you fancy your chances against St Pats tonight? Live on RTE2 tonight. Live football can't be beaten!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Our season will be over at 9.30 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

gimmick wrote: »
    He realised Manyoo are a sinking ship with plastic fans, so he signed for a different club with plastic fans for more money.

Why do you "support" Manyoo?

Oh because my dad did and etc

Bollocks to that - you "support" Manyoo because they won the league lots in the 90s. Most Manyoo fans wavered toward "supporting" Blackburn at one stage.

It was more due to Woodward been a muppet in the window really. They could have him a while ago, but he was stalling trying to pay with instalments.

Say what you want about Chelsea, but you would not get them acting so small time,they contacted him, paid the money that Barca wanted and signed him as quick as they could.

Not sure what United's master plan is now, I suppose hope Rooney magically rediscovers his form of a few years ago and Jan kicks on.

Oh and pray that Memphis does not get injured.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Where's the fun in supporting any teams where you don't personally know (and abuse when they're ****e) at least one player? You're missing out on all the fun IMO.
    Wait, are you saying that supporting a team where you don't personally know at least one player is no fun? I better stop supporting Limerick hurling so if that's the case.

• Advertisement

Thought the Dublin game would have done that for you :pac:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    It was more due to Woodward been a muppet in the window really. They could have him a while ago, but he was stalling trying to pay with instalments.

Say what you want about Chelsea, but you would not get them acting so small time,they contacted him, paid the money that Barca wanted and signed him as quick as they could.

Not sure what United's master plan is now, I suppose hope Rooney magically rediscovers his form of a few years ago and Jan kicks on.

Oh and pray that Memphis does not get injured.:eek:

That and I'd say both Valdes and De Gea had a word about LVG.

Thought the Dublin game would have done that for you :pac:
    Sure one loss is grand when you live in the sporting capital of Ireland!

Btw not sure how into underage hurling you are AG but Galway are playing Limerick in under-21's tomorrow in Thurles but it's on TG4. Yer Cian Lynch is playing.

Yeah I'll watch that, they're grooming Cian Lynch into the next poster boy for Limerick Hurling.

• Advertisement

I have high hopes that this season was just a disappointment for Limerick and that they can win Munster again very soon. Nice to see the Clares and the Limericks shake things up. They have the underage system going strong.

I have high hopes that this season was just a disappointment for Limerick and that they can win Munster again very soon. Nice to see the Clares and the Limericks shake things up. They have the underage system going strong.
    We'll have our moment of glory in the next ten years I'd hope, Limerick winning an All-Ireland would be a dream come true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,857 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Waterford are going places but really should of done well in the munster under 21 this year.

The munster hurling championship is going to be very strong in the years to come

Ìt really would be a boom period for hurling if Galway won the AI. They can literally lose to anybody on their day and also beat any team in the country when they're arsed. Pretty much any of Limerick, Cork, Waterford, Clare, Dublin, Tipp could catch them and KK obviously are still the best ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I wish underage success meant senior success but it really doesn't. I'm from Galway & we'd be better than Kilkenny if you always followed through at senior from minor level.
    Hope Clare can get back on track next year but that AI seemed to do more harm than good. Podge Collins playing football is a fùcking awful waste. Cork, Wexford and Limerick all flopped at senior level this year. Its been a really poor Hurling championship tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gimmick wrote: »
    Our season will be over at 9.30 tonight.

Jaysis!!! And Billy Dennehy comes on to knock one in too! Mad altogether. Wait til you see the goal that eliminated us, Phibsboro Screwjob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone else getting a lot of 503 Service Unavailable errors today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

CastorTroy wrote: »

Yeah, every time I tried to do my PW fantasy league it went down. Hopefully it's resolved by tonight, the show will be a hard watch otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »

Yes couldn't log in at all yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I found that when I pressed back on my browser and then reloaded it worked fine for me then.

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in Darts here?

Genuinely can't decide whether darts or hurling is the more gripping sport. Definitely the two best though. Nothing displays more mental breakdowns on live television than darts.

I'd definitely say they're both very gripping.
    I'm sure we've all heard about the journalist shooting by now. :(

I heard that it happened but didn't hear the ins and outs of it, like what exactly were the circumstances. Hurling beats darts any day of the year for me. Then again, I am from Kilkenny.

A journalist was interviewing some lady in public on live TV about Tourism in Virginia. The killer, Vester Lee Flanagan was a former TV reporter on the station (under the name Bryce Williams). He filmed himself going up to the interview scene and shooting the interviewer & cameraman dead while only hospitalizing the interviewee.
    When this happened the TV Camera dropped to the ground and they went back to the studio to shocked reporters. Bryce apparently had racial problems with the station. He killed himself hours laterr

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Somethings will never change in America.

I decided to watch Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine" documentary last night after those events. I honestly don't know what can be done to stop all of this.
    Here's the documentary if anyone wants to watch it:

If you liked Bowling For Columbine, you should watch his other movies Fahrenheit 9/11 & Sicko. Assuming you haven't already seen them, that is. He can be a bit of a moaner, but makes some good points. Plus, he made the video for Sleep Now In The Fire, so he's alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

If you liked Bowling For Columbine, you should watch his other movies Fahrenheit 9/11 & Sicko. Assuming you haven't already seen them, that is. He can be a bit of a moaner, but makes some good points. Plus, he made the video for Sleep Now In The Fire, so he's alright.

Roger & Me is his best by a long way imo - a lot less biased and more controlled in his style!

• Advertisement

Are these on Netflix?

Ive seen Bowling and Fahrenheit, not the others though.

Advertisement