Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Roger & Me is his best by a long way imo - a lot less biased and more controlled in his style!
    Cool. I'll check that out if I can find it. I only ever heard of that one, what's it about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I've seen Fahrenheit 9/11, Bowling for Columbine and Capitalism: A Love Story. Never heard of Roger & Me but I'll give it a look.

Tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Just back from MCM ireland. Was an enjoyable day, not as much star power at it as Dublin Comic Con and there were far less artists and far more vendors. Much prefer DCC than this but on the plus side, got to meet Too Cool for €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mate of mine spotted this up in Glendalough today. I had no idea we had lizards in Ireland!

11938857_1110577448969693_446906067_n.jpg?oh=d490dd4ab69cad6b5c2e85b8e2b8526a&oe=55E618B4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viviparous_lizard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Cool. I'll check that out if I can find it. I only ever heard of that one, what's it about?
    Ex-journalist Michael Moore demands answers when General Motors suddenly closes the doors of all its auto plants in the Flint, Michigan, the city where he grew up. With over 30,000 people out of work, Flint is economically devastated, and Moore aims to track down General Motors CEO Roger Smith to make him answer for his actions. While on the search, Moore also chronicles the emotional effect the closings have had on his family and friends, while violent crimes begin to skyrocket in Flint.

Really good doc showing the devestation the closing of one plant can have on a once prosperous thriving area.

Just back from MCM ireland. Was an enjoyable day, not as much star power at it as Dublin Comic Con and there were far less artists and far more vendors. Much prefer DCC than this but on the plus side, got to meet Too Cool for €10

Jesus - it is frightening how much Grandmasta looks like his aul fella now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Jesus - it is frightening how much Grandmasta looks like his aul fella now!

At one point he was sitting down and pulled a face and I could've sworn it was Jerry on commentary spouting s#ite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know he's reappeared before and works as a fireman but Scotty looks like he could come back and have a decent run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP Wes Craven - Horror Film Icon and Legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,857 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Why do some pubs have toilets upstairs ??

If someone is drunk it could cause an accident or even an elderly person could be hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Why do some pubs have toilets upstairs ??

If someone is drunk it could cause an accident or even an elderly person could be hurt.

Nearly killed myself in Captain America's one time. The only thing worse than toilets up/downstairs is places with dirty toilets, nothing turns me off a place more

What about McDonald's tiny toilets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If you're drunk you can't fall over in them, that's handy :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP Wes Craven - Horror Film Icon and Legend
    Ah balls, that's sad news :( Loved Nightmare on Elm Street in particular of his films.

I have had issues with a couple of users on here from time to time. Overall though, I have great time for most of the posters on this board. But today I experienced some pretty harsh treatment from someone who uses this forum, on another social media site. It was pretty strange, and I found it quite offensive and even felt a bit upset afterwards. However, I don't want to name names, and I'll leave it where it was left today for the sake of our PW Board. However, I just logged onto Twitter to find this message:

https://twitter.com/Realsean5/status/639143872938029056

Does anyone know who this is? Needless to say, I'm blocking this person. However, that doesn't ease the concern I have after getting the message. Maybe this isn't the right place to post this, I don't know. But I have felt for the last few years that I am a part of this community that's been built up. I found this a good place to come and talk to people about wrestling, T.V, movies, etc. as I am not the most outgoing person away from here. However, this Tweet has really thrown me, as I have never felt I've done anything wrong on here. Anyway, if anyone has read this, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thread closed for the time being.

gimmick wrote: »
    Thread closed for the time being.

Twitter can be a very nasty little place where people can take potshots at you from the long grass. People who claim to be lovely and nice here can revert to type there and claim that nothing can be done about it here.

Just let it be known that if we deem a user is taking liberties against other of our forum users on other platforms we will be checking to see is it grounds for a users removal from here.

Bullying of any sort is completely and utterly unacceptable in my eyes.

Reopened.

Few bans have been made, warnings elsewhere.

Thanks very much to the mods for handling this issue. It was pretty awkward, but let's just move on! I'm sorry to everyone on the board for causing this thread to get closed overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

A lad came on here and started bad mouthing Sabrina The Teenage Witch, saying Moesha was better than Sister Sister it was rough....:(
    Only joking I wouldn't entertain the individual I saw acting up on here.

Tech question but does anybody know how to move Microsoft Office 2010 account to a new laptop???
    Or am I gonna have to ask them in PC World who probably hate me right now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thanks very much to the mods for handling this issue. It was pretty awkward, but let's just move on! I'm sorry to everyone on the board for causing this thread to get closed overnight.

Never apologize because someone else acted the maggot and tried running you down. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ERG89 wrote: »
    Tech question but does anybody know how to move Microsoft Office 2010 account to a new laptop???
    Or am I gonna have to ask them in PC World who probably hate me right now

You should be able to install MS 2010 three times before it gives you grief - if you can't just install it on the new laptop with the activation key, you'll have to ring MS and get them to give you a new one (1850 940 940). Make sure to tell them you've uninstalled it on the old laptop :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Same here. Raging I missed all the scandal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

J. Marston wrote: »
    Same here. Raging I missed all the scandal.

as am I?

Are those banned even semi regulars to the board?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    You should be able to install MS 2010 three times before it gives you grief - if you can't just install it on the new laptop with the activation key, you'll have to ring MS and get them to give you a new one (1850 940 940). Make sure to tell them you've uninstalled it on the old laptop :)

My old laptop broke and its warrant ran out at PC World who forgot to send it for repair from a broken hard disk (All my TV shows/movies/matches gone :().
    They gave me a brand new laptop then :D Really like it but I need MS Office on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ERG89 wrote: »
    My old laptop broke and its warrant ran out at PC World who forgot to send it for repair from a broken hard disk (All my TV shows/movies/matches gone :().
    They gave me a brand new laptop then :D Really like it but I need MS Office on it

Ach, so no product key I imagine. Any chance of looking around for it? Otherwise you'll have to buy it; it's cheaper for students if you are one/know one? http://www.software4students.ie/t/category/microsoft-office

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ach, so no product key I imagine. Any chance of looking around for it? Otherwise you'll have to buy it; it's cheaper for students if you are one/know one? http://www.software4students.ie/t/category/microsoft-office

Actually found the product key today but still no luck installing it. Still have my receipts etc so they can sort it out for me tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

If you have any hassle use OpenOffice in the short term. Free and does pretty much anything MS Office can.

Stereomaniac - not sure why he picked on you but pay no attention to him. Taking his inadequacies out on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Especially since we all knew Sabrina was better. Though only because I've seen more episodes of it and the other shows didn't have Salem

Advertisement