Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Especially since we all knew Sabrina was better. Though only because I've seen more episodes of it and the other shows didn't have Salem

The irony of them living with Salem was lost on young heel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Because of what Salem was to witches? Or some other reason I'm clearly still too young to realise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone here bought Rare Replay for the Xbox One? Definitely going to be my next purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Random fact:

Melissa Joan Hart played Sabrina in the live-action series, but in the animated series she provided the voices of her two aunts instead. So who provided the voice of Sabrina? Melissa's younger sister, Emily, who also appeared in the live-action series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone here bought Rare Replay for the Xbox One? Definitely going to be my next purchase.

I don't have an Xbox One, but that looks like essential purchase

• Advertisement

Melissa Joan Hart is a big wrestling fan.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Because of what Salem was to witches? Or some other reason I'm clearly still too young to realise?

Because of what Salem is to witches. Wasn't until I was about eight or nine that I caught on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

If you have any hassle use OpenOffice in the short term. Free and does pretty much anything MS Office can.

Stereomaniac - not sure why he picked on you but pay no attention to him. Taking his inadequacies out on you.

Stay away from Openoffice.

Use WPS office or even Libre office. WPS office is near identical to office 2013.

Melissa Joan Hart is a big wrestling fan.
    Jeez, you're not kidding

https://twitter.com/MelissaJoanHart/status/617556166252609536

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Tinie wrote: »
    Stay away from Openoffice.

Use WPS office or even Libre office. WPS office is near identical to office 2013.

Haven't used it for a while! St ay away makes it sound dangerous! I have used Libre but not WPS.

Buying MS Office is crazy

• Advertisement

Anyone running Windows 10? Much improvement over 8?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Anyone running Windows 10? Much improvement over 8?

I've updated a few machines. had some driver issues but they were easily fixed. overall it was pretty flawless.

8 was a disaster so a huge improvement. Edge is getting some bad reviews but I like it so far.

Worth it for the menu alone.

I've updated a few machines. had some driver issues but they were easily fixed. overall it was pretty flawless.

8 was a disaster so a huge improvement. Edge is getting some bad reviews but I like it so far.

Worth it for the menu alone.

I've a laptop running 8, but haven't updated it in a long time, so have to d/l all the updates before I'll even be given the option to upgrade to 10.

The fecker freezes every time I try to update though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Any drawbacks to windows 10? I'm not an early adopter, I usually wait a few years to iron the kinks out

I've heard there are some privacy issues that need to be sorted immediately upon install, like MS commandeering some of your bandwidth for other Windows users, to enable them get their updates faster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Never apologize because someone else acted the maggot and tried running you down. :)
    Thanks very much for your kind words. I genuinely thought I was the one being the dickhead at one stage, it was getting so rough. Anyway, it's all over now I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It's a shame to see Rovert has been banned, contributed a lot to the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

It's a shame to see Rovert has been banned, contributed a lot to the forum.
    True but giving someone guff outside of the forum is unacceptable.
    I've always wondered about Rovert as he gave lots of news and rumours and his Twitter is going 24/7, what does Rovert actually do or is he just a superfan?

I thought rovert was a collective of people. Great contributor of news to the site, and I never said otherwise. But very forceful in his opinions, I don't think anyone can deny that fact.

Is he banned for good or for a period of time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I thought rovert was a collective of people. Great contributor of news to the site, and I never said otherwise. But very forceful in his opinions, I don't think anyone can deny that fact.

Fully agree.

I think it's just sad he acted in the manner he did. The world baffles me when people for no good reason decide to turn nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

True but giving someone guff outside of the forum is unacceptable.
    I've always wondered about Rovert as he gave lots of news and rumours and his Twitter is going 24/7, what does Rovert actually do or is he just a superfan?

So Rovert isn't Dave Meltzer :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I can't see anything on his Twitter page to suggest why he was banned too. Seems like he's as confused as the rest of us. This forum will be a different place altogether without his contributions. He's been a really solid poster since he took a break from the forum in 2010, really getting on better than in the early days.

An File wrote: »
    I can't see anything on his Twitter page to suggest why he was banned too. Seems like he's as confused as the rest of us. This forum will be a different place altogether without his contributions. He's been a really solid poster since he took a break from the forum in 2010, really getting on better than in the early days.
    I didn't actually know he was involved in what happened last night, but if he was (and I assume Dav has done his homework to justify it) then a ban was fully justified

And it is a permanent ban: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

Virtanen wrote: »
    I didn't actually know he was involved in what happened last night, but if he was (and I assume Dav has done his homework to justify it) then a ban was fully justified

And it is a permanent ban: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

I don't have twitter so don't know what he did but the PW forum won't be the same without him.

Fully agree.

I think it's just sad he acted in the manner he did. The world baffles me when people for no good reason decide to turn nasty.
    I was always friendly to the guy, and I let a lot of things slide from him over time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,846 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

OMG What's Povert doing in the Boards.ie wrestling thread Mike Tenay?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

I never really like that rovert fella. Didn't know what to make of him. He was borderline robotic on here with his constant posting of news etc but never seemed to have a personality, except when Fade street was mentioned, he would take great offence if it was bad mouthed, which I think he was suspended for a few times, but his twitter was a different story. He was very abusive (received some off him myself), and banned off twitter multiple times for abusing users for no reason. There was a phase of like two years, yes two whole years, where he would trawl the search results for anyone mentioning the word "dirtsheets" and post back like "you clearly dont know what dirtsheets are" or some other drivel. That is a fact. He thought he was oh so cool and le master troll!!!

Like he seems to live on the internet, so he must not work or anything (he tweets like every 2 minutes most days, so I can see why the user above may have thought he was a group of people), and was known on all the big wrestling sites, which isn't a good thing.

He clearly has some issues in my opinion.

I spoke to one of the guys whose tweets he frequently would post into threads on here a while back, and the guy had no idea. I think he was kind of weirded out by it.

• Advertisement

Off to the UN in Geneva in February, anybody know any good tourist spots to visit? (Also will be bringing a Cesaro shirt)

Advertisement