Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,846 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Off to the UN in Geneva in February, anybody know any good tourist spots to visit? (Also will be bringing a Cesaro shirt)

CERN if it's open is worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

New Iron Maiden album, The Book Of Souls available on Spotify, some things are definitely worth the wait :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I know he got warned ages ago after being short with people, I think it was mainly at Stereomaniac then too, but he was much improved after it on here at least. That twitter exchange is very odd though as there's really no reason for anybody to have gotten so worked up about the original Cat Power tweet especially when it wasn't even directed at him.

Anyway back to the real issue of the last few pages; the only show which could even dream of rivaling Sabrina is Kenan & Kel. Sabrina only edges it because I fancied Melissa Joan Hart when I was a kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Off to the UN in Geneva in February, anybody know any good tourist spots to visit? (Also will be bringing a Cesaro shirt)

I hear they've got some sort of convention over there.
    So you translating for the Swiss on Cesaro's behalf?

Sabrina was on for 7 seasons? I suppose was hard to tell with Network 2 scheduling. And Christina Ricci was my crush since she's just a year older

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The guy was a great contributor to the website. I didn't look for him to be banned. It just happened.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There's been a lot of extra sensitivity since the clusterfuck that was the Last Days of the Thunderdome, so perhaps two different issues got swept up together accidentally?

Also, did anyone else HATE show like Sabrina, Sister Sister, Kenan & Kel, etc? Or was that just me..? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That's awesome man! Definitely CERN if possible, and check around Carouge and the Bains district (with museums, galleries cafes and such), supposed to be amazing

Is anyone here planning on going to see Mick Foley in Belfast next week? I know there's a thread with chat about the shows but this thread seems to be pretty active tonight so I'll ask.

Mick Foley is in Galway on the 12th of November, i would go but it's 3 days after Megadeth, and cash be tight.. Next time definitely, if he comes back.

Yeah I have a ticket for one of the Belfast shows next week myself. I never saw him last time.

• Advertisement

Any idea what he's like live, caught some of the thing he did on the WWE Network
    available for only €12.99, kinda put me off his comedy just a bit...

That said if someone gave me a ticket, i go just because it'd be Mick Foley.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I saw him in Dolan's in Limerick a few years ago and thought he was very entertaining. It was mostly story-telling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Didn't realise Rovert was involved too. Pity.

There's a lot of news that would probably slip by the wayside without him. I rarely visit any other wrestling sites so my opinion was based on here and the occasional look at his Twitter.

Maybe a bit too obsessed with wrestling fandom for his own good but overall his posts were to the point and often quite funny so that will be missed.

Anybody watching Narcos? I've just started but I think it will keep my Netflix account active for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I've been on this site a long time (with different accounts) but it's weird he got banned. He posted so much I always assumed the account was multible people.....Lol
    Was it stuff posted on twitter or what?
    Don't use mine anymore for anything other than a glorified news feed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why does Chad Kroeger's Hero start like the Rugrats theme?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Whatever about discussing or mentioning what led to a ban it seems a bit unfair to speculate about a posters real personality or life outside this forum just because they are now banned.

If we did that about a current member we would get told to stop or be banned.

I too will miss the updates and news provided by rovert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

DM_7 wrote: »
    Whatever about discussing or mentioning what led to a ban it seems a bit unfair to speculate about a posters real personality or life outside this forum just because they are now banned.

If we did that about a current member we would get told to stop or be banned.

I too will miss the updates and news provided by rovert.

Indeed. Rovert was banned. The decision was not taken lightly or on a whim. There will be no more speculation as to why or discussion about his pursuits outside this forum. If you are that interested find him on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Why does Chad Kroeger's Hero start like the Rugrats theme?

Love that song

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

cena wrote: »
    Love that song
    Well...it's certainly better than his regular stuff with Nickelback, that's for sure. Especially the chicken dance one.

The mention of Chad Kroeger's Hero has me wanting to watching the original Spider-Man..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Or wait 4 years for another reboot!

The first 2 original Spider-Man films i freaking loved, the 3rd was good not as great as the first 2, only watched the 1st The Amazing Spider-Man, completely skipped over TASM2, have high hopes Marvel's take on Spidey will be far superior than the 2 rebooted films..

Spider-Man in the MCU > Whatever the hell Sony were planning to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Well...it's certainly better than his regular stuff with Nickelback, that's for sure. Especially the chicken dance one.

I have Nickelbacks albums and they are great live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Or wait 4 years for another reboot!

The REboot wont have Chad and Jody singing though..... god help them if it does

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The first 2 original Spider-Man films i freaking loved, the 3rd was good not as great as the first 2, only watched the 1st The Amazing Spider-Man, completely skipped over TASM2, have high hopes Marvel's take on Spidey will be far superior than the 2 rebooted films..

Spider-Man in the MCU > Whatever the hell Sony were planning to do.

You misspelled Awful..... it ruined everything,

A peter Parker dance number plus two many villians and half baked storylines killed that franchise in its tracks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yep Spidey 3 was terribly and that dance number was unforgettableivable.

Scotland losing to Georgia atm, think the Ireland match will be too late for me to watch but watching this one has been very interesting so far from an Irish perspective. Wouldn't be surprised if Scotland get back into it but even a draw for Georgia would be a big boost for whatever qualification hopes we have

yep Spidey 3 was terribly and that dance number was unforgettableivable.

Scotland losing to Georgia atm, think the Ireland match will be too late for me to watch but watching this one has been very interesting so far from an Irish perspective. Wouldn't be surprised if Scotland get back into it but even a draw for Georgia would be a big boost for whatever qualification hopes we have

Yeah best we can hope for is 3rd place and hopefully the scots continue to slip up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Spiderman 3 has to be the worst film I ever saw at the cinema. I quite enjoyed the Andrew Garfield Spidermans though they both went on too long & I can see why others wouldn't like them. I'm sure Marvel's will be much better but in saying that I've no interest in seeing another film of Peter Parker becoming Spiderman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Lads there is no good Spiderman film. Pretty much all yer comicbook films are pish tbf. Did like Guardians though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

conversation reminds me of this

Advertisement