Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Spiderman 3 has to be the worst film I ever saw at the cinema. I quite enjoyed the Andrew Garfield Spidermans though they both went on too long & I can see why others wouldn't like them. I'm sure Marvel's will be much better but in saying that I've no interest in seeing another film of Peter Parker becoming Spiderman.

I think if i'm not mistaken, the MCU Spidey will already have his powers/getting to grips with said powers when Civil War rolls around next summer, if anything i'd imagine they'll be taking from The Ultimate Spider-Man television show, would also assume the 2017 solo film will pick up somewhere after Civil War..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lads there is no good Spiderman film. Pretty much all yer comicbook films are pish tbf. Did like Guardians though.

Dark Knight and Batman Begins are very good.
    As are Ironman (if you can put up with Robert Downey Jr's dickishness) & Captain America: Winter Soldier (hated it on first viewing mind). Thor, Spiderman 1 & 2 are good too.
    Guardians is miles better than it odd to be, much better than the Avengers which is fairly overrated imo.
    Literally wouldn't watch any of them Amazing Spiderman movies ever again, in particular 2 was absolutely terrible.

Very nerdy but I enjoyed the Dark Knight Returns animated movies, pretty good watch even you never read the book. Michael Emerson does a fantastic job as the Joker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Beautiful, Georgia beat Scotland.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Thakfully we have Georgia at home but it won't be easy and is a huge game as now Ireland have to equal scotlands results in the remaining games (assuming we can win tonight) to at least (not that i'd expect anything else) get a play off spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I just hope Scotland don't do something mad like beat Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

An File wrote: »
    There's been a lot of extra sensitivity since the clusterfuck that was the Last Days of the Thunderdome, so perhaps two different issues got swept up together accidentally?

Also, did anyone else HATE show like Sabrina, Sister Sister, Kenan & Kel, etc? Or was that just me..? :o
    Sister Sister was crap. Watched Sabrina solely for Sabrina. Kenan and Kel was brilliant!
    ERG89 wrote: »
    Dark Knight and Batman Begins are very good.
    As are Ironman (if you can put up with Robert Downey Jr's dickishness) & Captain America: Winter Soldier (hated it on first viewing mind). Thor, Spiderman 1 & 2 are good too.
    Guardians is miles better than it odd to be, much better than the Avengers which is fairly overrated imo.
    Literally wouldn't watch any of them Amazing Spiderman movies ever again, in particular 2 was absolutely terrible.

Very nerdy but I enjoyed the Dark Knight Returns animated movies, pretty good watch even you never read the book. Michael Emerson does a fantastic job as the Joker.

The animated stuff, especially DC, craps over a lot of the big budget live action stuff. Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One, Batman: Under The Red Hood, Flashpoint Paradox are all brilliant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fecking hell, Scotland didn't have a shot on target all match. Mad stuff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Angron wrote: »
    Fecking hell, Scotland didn't have a shot on target all match. Mad stuff.

That direct corner was a decent effort, to be fair! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sister Sister was crap. Watched Sabrina solely for Sabrina. Kenan and Kel was brilliant!

How dare you say sister sister was crap. I loved TIA. They had some great Motown music on the show. Still watch it on youtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

cena wrote: »
    How dare you say sister sister was crap. I loved TIA. They had some great Motown music on the show. Still watch it on youtube

Go home, Roger Cena!

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Go home, Roger Cena!

What about Hey Arnold. Heard they could be bringing it back

Who remembers Hang Time? I had a crush on the blonde one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Here's an obscure one... Anyone remember The Secret World of Alex Mack?

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Yeah, I remember one of her powers was to turn into a weird puddle thingy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Who remembers Hang Time? I had a crush on the blonde one.

I remember also having a crush on the blonde

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote: »

Everyone had but she wasn't quite Kelly Kapowski :o
    But Alicia Silverstone in Clueless was better again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

sky88 wrote: »

Likewise. And the pink power ranger I loved her.

Yeah, I remember one of her powers was to turn into a weird puddle thingy.

Great show in its time. I watched this while in Liverpool every summer. All the old nickelodeon shows where good.

Pete and pete??

This guy was in Ireland recent. Involving Ice hockey. Brain Bruke is part of team usa hockey.

If you have time please give a listen. around 20 mins long

http://www.sportsnet.ca/960/the-big-show/burke-continues-to-give-back/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Pentecost wrote: »
    Likewise. And the pink power ranger I loved her.

My first love

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Kimberley. Don't remind me! I used to get an awful slagging over the "Tommy loves Kimberley" thing when I was 6/7 years old. >_< Stupid Seth Rollins White Ranger!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

*Joins the "Kimberly was my first love" brigade*

:P

Though that was a child's crush, one you denied cause she was an icky girl. It was, weirdly, Louise Redknap who was my first proper "I must have her!" crush :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Lord TSC wrote: »
    *Joins the "Kimberly was my first love" brigade*

:P

Though that was a child's crush, one you denied cause she was an icky girl. It was, weirdly, Louise Redknap who was my first proper "I must have her!" crush :P
    I was watching those old episodes on YouTube there a couple of years back on a nostalgia buzz. She was a cracker. I was most annoyed at the time (first time around!) when she lost her powers and they replaced her with some Australian one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Yep. I watched just about every TV show about North Americans in the 90s. Saved by the Bell (and The New Class and College Years), Sweet Valley High, California Dreams, Ready or Not, Alex Mack, Larissa Explains It All, Boy Meets World, Hang Time, Sister Sister etc. etc.

There were also some Australian shows such as Pugwall and Heartbreak High. Funny how secondary school was never Qs much fun as these shows made it out to be.

Alex Mack got silly towards the end when her parents found out and her da developed a cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It's shocking the age gap between yersels^^^^ and myself . I think I'm still 6 or 7 years on Advanced Ghost too.

Earthworm Jim was my favourite show when I was kid. On the old TCC station :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Captain Planet and Clarissa Saturday mornings on BBC One if I'm not mistaken..

Pugwall (midweek on Channel 4?) was my all time favourite and I think the only show I've gone back to watch on YT. Great theme!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

*sees Spiderman discussion from during time I was either watching Stand By Me or playing Phantom Pain*

Screw you. Spidey 3 is hilarious. And by far a much better movie than the two abhorrent movies that followed. Garfield's Parker is so terribly written.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I loved the 90s marvel shows and most of them stand up nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I loved some really random shows that pretty much nobody else watched

Totally Spies. Basically an animated version of Charlie's Angels, with Bond-esque gadgets and supervillains.

Cardcaptors. An anime about a deck of cards that had magical powers and the girl who had to find and capture them one by one.

Round The Twist. A probably Australian show where supernatural stuff happened to a family living in a lighthouse.

Advertisement