Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pentecost wrote: »
    I was watching those old episodes on YouTube there a couple of years back on a nostalgia buzz. She was a cracker. I was most annoyed at the time (first time around!) when she lost her powers and they replaced her with some Australian one.

I remember being furious when Zordon took away the leadership of the Rangers from the red one Jason (my favourite) and gave it to the white Ranger Tommy, which I think was purely because the white suit was more powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I was a CITV man meself. Terror Towers, Finders Keepers and of course Fun House. Always wanted a go on Fun House

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Obligatory Ant and Dec post; thoseguys were awesome, and made Saturday mornings a joy...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was always a cartoon guy myself, from the Spiderman & X-Men classics to the original TMNTs. That said I did watch most of the above mentioned Sabrina (the teenage wagon as my older brother used to call it), Sister Sister, Hang Time (wasn't Teddy in Hang Time Anthony Anderson) and Saved by The Bell (ahh Ms Kapowski how I liked thee)

The Den on RTE gave me all of these and more so even though I watched the Nickelodeon stuff (Rugrats, Alex Mack...) I loved me some Zig & Zag, Dustin The Turkey and Ray Darcy plus the occasional bit o Podge & Rodge.

should be easy enough to pin point my age there, pre Socky and That Pig character, Snotzer I believe for example but obviously I know of em.... and then Zig & Zag went to Ch4 and the big breakfast booo (though I did watch that too before going to school)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I vaguely recall that pig, cannot remember the name of the thing though.

I hope Kerry batter Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone remember James Bond Junior on The Den? It was a cartoon about James Bond's nephew I think. I used to love that. I also used to love Captain Planet.

And here's an obscure one from Channel 4: anyone recall Eerie Indiana? I used to watch it just before bedtime.

Oh, and here's my obligatory glory-hunter reference towards Dublin: up the Dubs! I never doubted them! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Anyone remember James Bond Junior on The Den? It was a cartoon about James Bond's nephew I think. I used to love that. I also used to love Captain Planet.

And here's an obscure one from Channel 4: anyone recall Eerie Indiana? I used to watch it just before bedtime.

Oh, and here's my obligatory glory-hunter reference towards Dublin: up the Dubs! I never doubted them! :D

I loved James Bond junior, I still have the action figures from them in my house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I had a picture of a lot of people here in my head and most of them were a similar age or older. Seems most are probably a few years younger. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I had a picture of a lot of people here in my head and most of them were a similar age or older. Seems most are probably a few years younger. :(
    Yeah, I've met a few people from the forum before at one of the wrestling events in Captain America's, and I'm pretty sure I was a few years their junior. Dunno why, it always kinda surprises me when I'm a good bit younger than many of the folks I know on-line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

I have one one does bond vhs. waiting for me to copy onto dvd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Eerie Indiana was fun. remember so much of it. Never watched any of the sequel series.

James Bond Jr was always a bit suspect since he was supposedly James Bond's nephew despite having his name and James not having a brother or sister. But at least he was conveniently at school with Q's grandson chasing SCUM around the world.

I remember all of those! ahh thems were the days although in my head JB jnr has somehow morphed into Archer

only ever met up with boardsies twice. Was at the last ever boards beers (when there was one for all of boards) and the first ever soccer beers (when only a handful of people showed up). Believe the only PW fellah I ever met was Orestes and tbh I don't fully remember the meeting

was on a slight nostalgia telly buzz earlier and did some googling and the best headline I found had to be...Dustin the Turkey shocks the nation by suggesting The Den's big guest President Mary Robinson has smelly feet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Was always a cartoon guy myself, from the Spiderman & X-Men classics to the original TMNTs.

they actually did an episode set in Ireland

Damn it, I was going to post that one :pac: That episode was fecking mental!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bernard's Watch was The Wire before The Wire

I went to the Power Rangers "live show" at the point when I was a kid.

The actors from the show were on a big screen and it was only when they'd morph that they would come out on stage.

Even as a kid I knew it wasnt the proper actors from the show under those masks :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Any of ye ever see the Captain Planet episode where the fire guy promises to "stop the violence"?

I went to the Power Rangers "live show" at the point when I was a kid.

The actors from the show were on a big screen and it was only when they'd morph that they would come out on stage.

Even as a kid I knew it wasnt the proper actors from the show under those masks :P

I was at it too. Still have the programme

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Eerie Indiana was fun.

Can be brought on amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I really miss Ant & Dec with Cat Deeley on Saturday mornings. Chums was especially brilliant. I watched Dick and Dom too but really they couldn't hold a candle to SMS:Live and definitely couldn't appeal to an adult audience like Ant & Dec.

I really miss Ant & Dec with Cat Deeley on Saturday mornings. Chums was especially brilliant. I watched Dick and Dom too but really they couldn't hold a candle to SMS:Live and definitely couldn't appeal to an adult audience like Ant & Dec.

Challenge Ant was great!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wonky Donkey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Anyone else watching Blur on RTE? Damon Albarn with a cheap pop Mick Foley would be proud of telling the crowd he's 11% Irish

Dont know why but noticed my join date is March 2004.

The only 2 I notice that are earlier on the pw forum is gimmick and BH.

Anyone else earlier that has been a constant poster??

Make yourself known :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What date is mine there? Just posting so it will show up.

What date is mine there? Just posting so it will show up.

Dec 2007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Dont know why but noticed my join date is March 2004.

The only 2 I notice that are earlier on the pw forum is gimmick and BH.

Anyone else earlier that has been a constant poster??

Make yourself known :P

Not all posters stick with same account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Dec 2007
    I'm surprised I found the time to register back then, as it was a strange time in Stereoland.

• Advertisement

October 2009, I remember it well. I was bugging a friend of mine who was working in a net cafe at the time. Asked him what the site he was on was, he told me, so I decided I'd sign up and then immediately found the rock and metal section :P

Advertisement