Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

2010. Looking through my old posts and seeing my horrible grammar makes me cringe.

Edit: Oh Christ, I actually used the rolleyes emoticon in my early posts. The shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Girl from Tomorrow, Halfway Across the Galaxy and Turn Left, Spellbinder, loads of shows from Oz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mine says August 2009 but I'm certain I didn't start regularly posting here until well into 2010. A Nexus boardsie ;) Came across boards through Adverts, where I got a free VCR for watching my wrestling tapes! (RIP manually-recorded wrestling tapes!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

End of January 2006 I joined in college as boards was used as a information spreader before Facebook was organising events for a sport I took up in my first year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

August 06.

But my first post wasn't till May 08, when I came on here asking about the American Wrestling Rampage show :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

September 2006. Nearly nine years! My girlfriend at the time made me do it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

March/April 2012. Was looking for details if Daniel Bryan was doing the signing in as myths after Mania 28 and I've been sucked in since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It was around that time that I began posting on this forum as well, but I took a few breaks since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

2010 for me , although it definitely feels I'm on boards longer , Imagine my 1st post was figuring out how to use my 1st android phone...oh the shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Jan 2008. Joined for the wrestling forums

• Advertisement

I joined so that I could post about shows I had coming up and contact people in the music scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I joined to contact people in Archery it was 3 years before I posted in any other forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Joined in 2011. I first discovered it by wondering to myself if it was possible to see Wales from Ireland on a clear day and under the right circumstances. It led me to this crazy kip! Here's the thread that started the journey.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055597309

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Joined in nineteen dickity two by which I mean 2001, f*ck! 14 years ago

my first posts were in the Sports (General) & Games (general) forums cos back then I don't think there were too many specific forums.

Just had a look there and my first post was made in the Alternative & Indie forum in a thread called "Best Neil Young Album", which makes sense for me considering what I was doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

November 2004. Posting on and off (about 30 posts) until March 2012 and now I'm nearing 9.5k with most being this forum. Hmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Joined in nineteen dickity two by which I mean 2001, f*ck! 14 years ago. my first posts were in the Sports (General) & Games (general) forums cos back then I don't think there were too many specific forums.

Wow, Attitude Era boardsie! We need a history lesson about PW boards, like didn't we used to be in the TV forum? Eras of PW boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I started my first Boards account in 2008, had over 7,000 posts with it too, but decided I wanted a fresh start and so I closed that one and set up this one instead

I've only started watching WWE again in the last year though; I already have more posts in this forum with this account than I did my previous one :)

So you were posting mainly in other forums with your old account, would any of us have known your old username? I would like to have a different name sometimes, but that is what I have been using for years, dating back to the old Microsoft Network Classic Rock Chat.

So you were posting mainly in other forums with your old account, would any of us have known your old username?
    Honestly, outside of maybe five forums, I blended in to the background with everyone else, I can't say I made a huge impact in most of them, so for the most part I'd doubt it. But in some forums if I were to say my old name some people might go 'oh yeah, I remember that guy'

• Advertisement

Not that I'm trying to make you feel weird or anything, but how did you arrive at a point where you needed a new username? I had to get a new Facebook at one stage as I got locked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I changed my user name a while back, I just got kinda tired of the old one really.

Not that I'm trying to make you feel weird or anything, but how did you arrive at a point where you needed a new username? I had to get a new Facebook at one stage as I got locked.
    No problem at all :)

It wasn't an argument or anything, I actually closed my account with the intention of leaving Boards for good, to stop wasting so much time here. Didn't last long though, I signed up again a few weeks later :p

Ah okay, I was curious. Well I've always been able to stop using the site and just come back to it later. I actually probably signed up because I needed to waste time when I lived in Dublin because I didn't really know many people. It was hard to join any conversations though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Lads, anyone able to fill me in with what happened with Rovert being banned and that post from Dav? Feeling very out of the loop.

If you want to look at his Twitter or look at the older posts on here on this thread, it's there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

If you want to look at his Twitter or look at the older posts on here on this thread, it's there.

Seems this has been tidied up and I can't get back far enough on his Twitter.....man, he posts some amount.

If you want to discuss it, private message someone about it. Mods don't want it discussed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just had a look there and my first post was made in the Alternative & Indie forum in a thread called "Best Neil Young Album", which makes sense for me considering what I was doing.

What do you mean?

----

When I signed up first i didn't post for a year or so. I think i really starting posting around 2004. It was when the WWE had the Tour Of Defiance - their first visit to Ireland in a decade. I was quite the mark at the time rather than the cynical jackass I have become now.

The mod at the time was Hanza, who would go on to become wrestler Red Vinny. Seemed a decent guy. The forum was very quiet back then. Like the WM thread might get 30 posts as opposed to the 1000+ we get nowadays.

• Advertisement

Well back then my main outlet was music, so I was constantly just talking about, reading about, playing and listening to music. I was and still am quite obsessive about finding new things to listen to and going back and listening to old stuff as well. I didn't even remember posting in that Neil Young thread but it makes sense because I was listening to him a lot and he's definitely become one of my favourite artists. I went to see him play 3 times already.

Advertisement