Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wasn't there some incident where a lad tried to get himself voted in as a mod or something? I've got a vague recollection of reading about that before, but I can't remember if that was in here or on one of the other forums.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Angron wrote: »
    Wasn't there some incident where a lad tried to get himself voted in as a mod or something? I've got a vague recollection of reading about that before, but I can't remember if that was in here or on one of the other forums.

Kentonbomb was the guys name and It's in the hot links thread too, he had a lot of unintentionally funny moments iirc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kentonbomb was the guys name and It's in the hot links thread too, he had a lot of unintentionally funny moments iirc.
    Ah, so it is. Great stuff altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I recognise that username. Did that guy post here within the last few years or is he gone altogether?

Looking at his account, he hasn't posted in 8 years, unless he's used a newer account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So BH would ya say the regulars back then were better posters than we'll say the core of regular posters that are now or vice versa :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So BH would ya say the regulars back then were better posters than we'll say the core of regular posters that are now or vice versa :D

tempted to do a Father Ted they all have lovely bottoms references but I guess it depends on what is better? probably less (as father Jack would say) gobsh!tes about in the current group, although gobsh!tes could also be considered "funny characters" so double edged sword there eh :P

Wasnt there a thread on Kane of all people a few years ago with a few posters getting bans for a few weeks?

There was a lot of arguments on the forum around that time iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Would Kane N Ite have been involved there?

I met himself along with other guys at Wrestlemania 26, nice chaps all. (orestes was another, while I travelled along with Super Rush).

Ive met some lads at the first Leggo gig in Cpt. America's for Mania 28 too. Great craic.

Kane N Ite? What a great username. I think I will become a Kanenite officially, ha ha. I have always secretly loved whenever he's won in the last few years, driving the smarks crazy. Anyway, it's great to hear everyone reminiscing about the good/bad old days on here.

• Advertisement

Oh thank feck, I was getting really worried Ireland would never score.

Oh I forgot that was on tonight. Is it 1 - 0 or what's the story then? I'm on Celebrity Big Brother.

Yeah, 1-0 Ireland. Poland beating Gibraltar 8-0, Germany beating Scotland 3-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Oh I forgot that was on tonight. Is it 1 - 0 or what's the story then? I'm on Celebrity Big Brother.

Didn't think you'd get internet access from inside the BB house

So Ireland won, Germany beat the Scots, and Gibraltar got hammered by the Poles, with the shocking bit there being Gibraltar actually scored one.

I snook a phone in up my ass. I'm using it to tweet compromising photos of Janice Dickinson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Here's the Group D standings and remaining fixtures. We've 9 more goals than Scotland and two points ahead, if we could get a win against Poland we'd be sailing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Here's the Group D standings and remaining fixtures. We've 9 more goals than Scotland and two points ahead, if we could get a win against Poland we'd be sailing.
    I'm pretty sure the standings go down to head-to-head record before goal difference, in which case they would finish above us if we finish level on points, regardless of goal difference

Of course we do still have a 4-point advantage with 2 games to go, and they still have to play Poland, but we have to play Poland and Germany too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Honestly think Scotland will qualify on the head-to-head. 4 points is not a major ask for them. Can't see this Irish side picking up a single point from the next two games.

I reckon Poland will beat the Scots, so we could scrape through to the play-offs. Course if we pull off another miracle and get a draw against Germany that wouldn't hurt.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any recommendations of somewhere decent to stay in Belfast? I was in the Travel Lodge up there last month and the place was rotten, as bad as Mankind's boiler room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Does anyone have any recommendations of somewhere decent to stay in Belfast? I was in the Travel Lodge up there last month and the place was rotten, as bad as Mankind's boiler room.

Yeah some Travelodges can be like that. Ive stayed in a few and the last one had some dodgy stains on the bed sheet. I've been to nicer hostels.

I booked into a place called the ETAP. It'll do for the night. It's just down from the venue there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

I booked into a place called the ETAP. It'll do for the night. It's just down from the venue there.

Where in Belfast is it. Looking for some where to stay on Saturday. Looking to go to a hockey game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Only time I've stayed in Belfast was in a Premier Inn after a Nine Inch Nails gig. I remember it being cheap enough but a quick google makes me think they've either risen prices or I got an insanely good deal a few years ago.

cena wrote: »
    Where in Belfast is it. Looking for some where to stay on Saturday. Looking to go to a hockey game
    Dublin Road. City centre looking at the map here. Near the Empire Music Hall anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Dublin Road. City centre looking at the map here. Near the Empire Music Hall anyway.

What's the price fora night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's weird how potential complainers have the power these days. I'm certain people are offended on behalf of others, whilst not being offended themselves. The line between noting that someone could be offended, and actually being offended, is blurred into a whole mess of PC crap.
    Thank God I'm in Ireland where there's a bit more cop on, even if we take our cues from the Americans.

€89 for Thursday night, but probably more expensive or cheaper depending on day of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It's weird how potential complainers have the power these days. I'm certain people are offended on behalf of others, whilst not being offended themselves. The line between noting that someone could be offended, and actually being offended, is blurred into a whole mess of PC crap.
    Thank God I'm in Ireland where there's a bit more cop on, even if we take our cues from the Americans.

Not sure what you're referencing here but a friend recently made a similar point to me about people voicing disagreement on behalf of others. It really depends on what was said and in what context tbh.

Advertisement