Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I liked the bit where he said he was just stopping on the way to get some abrakebabra :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

cena, maybe post a link to the facebook page, it's coming up as broken

jaykhunter wrote: »
    cena, maybe post a link to the facebook page, it's coming up as broken

Fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Off work for 10 days from 3pm today. Heading down to West Cork. It is forecast to rain every day. What a mess.

Still, wont be in work which is the main thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gimmick wrote: »
    Off work for 10 days from 3pm today. Heading down to West Cork. It is forecast to rain every day. What a mess.

Still, wont be in work which is the main thing.

Ya bastard
    ...I mean enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Things I'd give to have something worthwhile to do. My college course doesn't start until 21st so I'm itching to do something interesting/stimulating

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Things I'd give to have something worthwhile to do. My college course doesn't start until 21st so I'm itching to do something interesting/stimulating

Do something like.
    Started back in college again this week. Already wish I had more than a week off.
    All I did in it was play the opening hour of MGS: The Phantom Pain & watch a boatload of stuff on YouTube (Thoughty2, Danger Dolan & The Jimquisition) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

ERG89 wrote: »
    Do something like.
    Started back in college again this week. Already wish I had more than a week off.
    All I did in it was play the opening hour of MGS: The Phantom Pain & watch a boatload of stuff on YouTube (Thoughty2, Danger Dolan & The Jimquisition) :(

Is MGS class?

Hashtag - what course are you starting? I'm returning to college myself on Monday, after an 11 year break in education!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is MGS class?

Hashtag - what course are you starting? I'm returning to college myself on Monday, after an 11 year break in education!

good luck to you dude, im just back doing acca's after a 2 year break im finding it tough as hell especially with working all week then college twice a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is MGS class?

I only completed the first mission Ocelot gave me
    Rescue Miller
    now I am thinking it really starts.
    I loved the intro even though it plays itself it was fantastic.
    I did my leaving 10 years ago so know how you feel. Fück at 26, the college girls ain't half bad. :o
    Pity I'm still shìte at talking to them :pac:

Doing an access to university course because I was 60 points short for what I wanted. Doing a year of liberal arts and then off to Trinity for Law/Law&politics the following year.

Best of luck on Monday!

Doing an access to university course because I was 60 points short for what I wanted. Doing a year of liberal arts and then off to Trinity for Law/Law&politics the following year.

Best of luck on Monday!

Ooh, interesting. Good luck yourself dude. Mine is a Dip. In Applied Taxation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ooh, interesting. Good luck yourself dude. Mine is a Dip. In Applied Taxation.

Is this you?

IRS_display_image.jpg?1311275675

If I'm being 100% honest, IRS wouldn't be unlike me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Funnily enough I got my CAO Handbook today.
    I went to The Burren yesterday, it mainly consisted of this:

For the day that's in it, have any of you ever heard this harrowing phone call made from inside the World Trade Center? It's so heartbreaking and truly humanises the awful tragedy.

Warning- This is fairly distressing and goes right until the end. Don't listen if you are highly sensitive

RIP to all innocents who lost their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Listening to that, man it was tough... :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Jaysus! after the recent boards PW history talk I just did a bit of googlin and stumbled over some old PW podcasts like this one http://thebostoncrab.jellycast.com/audio/play/5

Hosted by DiabhalBeag, (Waltersobchek & Superush iirc were the other 2) couldn't help but laugh at thebostoncrab and his Miz hate, anal bourne etc this one was the interview with Billy Gunns mistress who has 90+boards posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,854 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

please to go to this and look at the comment #55 and see what you think of it. Thanks to DeadyBai for writing up the events.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057486306&page=4

thinking of emailing it to rte lol

• Advertisement

Getting a new set of hockey skates set to me. Have to send the others back cause they had two different size blades. That isn't normal the company was saying

cena wrote: »
    Getting a new set of hockey skates set to me. Have to send the others back cause they had two different size blades. That isn't normal the company was saying

Hope ur ok hun

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hope ur ok hun

That book is the biggest load of s#ite! Worst €10 I've ever spent and I bought the John Morrison DVD

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hope ur ok hun

I'm not. now I have to break in the new skates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Honestly, one of the best days of my life being in Thurles to see Limerick win the All-Ireland Under 21 hurling final. Outstanding performance, great stuff for the Treaty county.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What book are you talking about Hashtag? I'm bouncing between wrestling books at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anyone have any good headphone in the €30/€50 range, need a new pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Honestly, one of the best days of my life being in Thurles to see Limerick win the All-Ireland Under 21 hurling final. Outstanding performance, great stuff for the Treaty county.
    Your U-21's are a serious outfit. Also a fair few of them will be underage next year too so it could be a similar situation to Clare.

Think after the game tonight drew a close on the hurling for this year it's fair to say it was a really disappointing senior championship. Standout games were in short supply and KK have never been so far ahead of the rest of the pack. Didn't think anybody would stop KK this year but Galway should have had them on the ropes and our dirty tactics don't work whatsoever.

What book are you talking about Hashtag? I'm bouncing between wrestling books at the moment.

There's a Facebook page of either a similar name or something to do with a Finglas Hunzo. Similar character to Sesh Mott Martina from OTT . The page was just this "Hun" talking about her family and friends written with the stereotypical idioms and speech patterns (including spelling). The page got so popular that the person running the page wrote a book from the perspective of this woman getting her daughter ready for her communion. Utter garbage, imagine the Ross O'Carroll Kelly style of writing but far less funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Anyone have any good headphone in the €30/€50 range, need a new pair.

Have these ~6 months and they're grand for everything

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Closed-Dynamic-Stereo-headphones/dp/B0007XJSQC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442108044&sr=8-2&keywords=sennheiser+headphones

Advertisement