Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Does anyone else have a crazy few weeks coming up? I have so much on it's not funny. Birthday Tuesday, orientation for college Thursday/Friday, refereeing beach tag in Banna Saturday, start lectures the Monday, Anniversary Ball for Flirt FM in Galway that weekend, Fallout Boy on the 1st of October haha. Totes cray cray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Does anyone else have a crazy few weeks coming up? I have so much on it's not funny. Birthday Tuesday, orientation for college Thursday/Friday, refereeing beach tag in Banna Saturday, start lectures the Monday, Anniversary Ball for Flirt FM in Galway that weekend, Fallout Boy on the 1st of October haha. Totes cray cray.

Yeah a few crazy weeks/months ahead. Working about 60 hours a week, starting a part-time masters in two weeks. Trip to Toronto this week for a music festival, started a gym regime for the first time ever, trips to London in October, Germany and London in November, New Jersey in Dec and from then on I'll be on business trips in Japan, China, Seattle, Costa Rica and Edinburgh. Also started driving lessons!

Everyone thinks I'm half cracked to have so much on at once but I'll make it work!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Anyone else watching the camogie? Disappointed Kildare couldn't win the intermediate, but Waterford were the better team there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Lads and women, I have a problem. Laptop won't turn on or charge. It was fine a few hours ago.

Battery is built into it. Anything I can do to fix it??. Only get it in March.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

cena wrote: »
    Lads and women, I have a problem. Laptop won't turn on or charge. It was fine a few hours ago.

Exact same thing happened to me last week :(

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »

Did you get yours fixed??.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Bring it back. If it's starting giving you jip this early into its life, you're likely in for a bad time with it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Did you get yours fixed??.

Not yet. Although mine is 6 years old now. It had a good run.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Loughc wrote: »

I encountered plenty of laptop problems myself the last month.
    Have a proper annoying pop up ad on Amazon now. "Shopping Assistant" I have tried everything to get rid of but I just can't.
    Extensions, Ad Blocker, uninstall program & a boat load of scans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

There's a Facebook page of either a similar name or something to do with a Finglas Hunzo. Similar character to Sesh Mott Martina from OTT . The page was just this "Hun" talking about her family and friends written with the stereotypical idioms and speech patterns (including spelling). The page got so popular that the person running the page wrote a book from the perspective of this woman getting her daughter ready for her communion. Utter garbage, imagine the Ross O'Carroll Kelly style of writing but far less funny
    I read all of the Ross O'Carroll-Kelly books up to a certain point but then I just stopped because they were all so formulaic after a while. He always does something stupid outside of Ireland, and always has something embarrassing involving an animal. I never even heard of that one you talked about though, somehow.

• Advertisement

Laptop fixed. Had to press the reset button to remove the static. That was the reply I got back from Acer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Laptop fixed. Had to press the reset button to remove the static. That was the reply I got back from Acer

Never mind that, how are the skates?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Never mind that, how are the skates?

Not the new ones yet. Won't be delivered till Thursday going by UPS tracking. They are coming from Sweden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not the new ones yet. Won't be delivered till Thursday going by UPS tracking. They are coming from Sweden

Keep us updated. I believe Ice Hockey is massive up there. Like would it be as popular as soccer? Also, which international teams are the best? I would assume Canada, USA, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia and maybe some like Czech Republic?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Keep us updated. I believe Ice Hockey is massive up there. Like would it be as popular as soccer? Also, which international teams are the best? I would assume Canada, USA, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia and maybe some like Czech Republic?

The nhl and the khl (Russian league) would be the top for players.

All the above countries is mainly where all the top players come from.

I would have to say it would be more popular than soccer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Skategate!

Cena, are you not from the West (Roscommom iirc) or have you moved to the north?

Hockey is massive in Belfast but not as much in other parts. The Belfast Giants refuse sectarian football jerseys, flegs of any kind and don't play any anthems at their games in the Odyssey so they have support from people on all sides which is not even the case with rugby.

I work there a bit and have been to a couple of games. Not my thing but it's an exciting game. They're the most followed team in the UK I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭kksaints

Was at an ice hockey match in Vienna last Christmas. Good atmosphere and a crowd of around 5000 at it. Its less popular than soccer in Austria anyway. I would say in Slovakia that ice hockey is possibly more popular.

Skategate!

Cena, are you not from the West (Roscommom iirc) or have you moved to the north?

Hockey is massive in Belfast but not as much in other parts. The Belfast Giants refuse sectarian football jerseys, flegs of any kind and don't play any anthems at their games in the Odyssey so they have support from people on all sides which is not even the case with rugby.

I work there a bit and have been to a couple of games. Not my thing but it's an exciting game. They're the most followed team in the UK I think.

How did you know I am from the west? Traveling up and dowen to Belfast. Till The rinks reopen in Dublin at Christmas. Ya gaints are a big team. They seem to sellout for all games

How did you know I am from the west? Traveling up and dowen to Belfast. Till The rinks reopen in Dublin at Christmas. Ya gaints are a big team. They seem to sellout for all games

I'm a big fan of cena so I know these things.

You mentioned it here once upon a time. I spent half of my youth in Spiddal so it popped up somewhere along the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,358 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone get U2 tickets today, some are going for crazy prices on other sites, I suppose Bono needs a few bob as he is quite skint :p

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone get U2 tickets today, some are going for crazy prices on other sites, I suppose Bono needs a few bob as he is quite skint :p

I thought tickets where only good with the with person that brought them, as there name would be on them

I thought tickets where only good with the with person that brought them, as there name would be on them

Yes it is better getting tickets directly from ticketmaster but some die hard fans who missed out will buy from other sites like done deal and ebay, crazy prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I got the option to buy 2 tickets for €396 on Ticketmaster this morning. I didn't. I said, "****."

I didn't even try to get tickets. I can take or leave u2. I like some of there songs but not all

Great band. Don't get the credit they deserve in this country.

Great band. Don't get the credit they deserve in this country.

I like their older stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I think Atomic was the last U2 album I loved but I'd still consider them a great band.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wouldn't be a fan at all myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Updated the laptop to Windows 10 seeing as I'm starting college this week. Figured I'd use the laptop for watching some movies / tv shows etc.

Feckin thing is a disaster now, laptop turns itself off without warning randomly now. I think its an overhearing issue though (never happened before) so it may just be co-inkydink that it's started happening after the upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Honestly, I'd rather have downgraded from 8 to 7 than upgrading to 10.

Advertisement