Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Honestly, I'd rather have downgraded from 8 to 7 than upgrading to 10.

Ya, I have 7 on my desktop at homehome, and there's no way I'm upgrading!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The guy in the repair shop was trying to talk me into upgrading to Windows 10 for free, why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The guy in the repair shop was trying to talk me into upgrading to Windows 10 for free, why?

It's a free upgrade for everyone and the most efficient and stable big update ever in windows. I haven't come across any big issues on my custom build desktops.

I highly recommend it. No major changes but just streamlined with some handy new features.

I've had so many issues with computers over the last few years that I politely declined when the guy offered. He was kind of funny though saying to call him if I reconsidered his offer. All I want is something that I can use to watch Netflix and order stupid crap off of Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

So...Pikachu did a Stone Cold Stunner...

Keo5ep.gif

OUR LIVES ARE COMPLETE!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm really looking forward to that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

So...Pikachu did a Stone Cold Stunner...

OUR LIVES ARE COMPLETE!

Looks better than when Linda took one :eek:

tumblr_m9uzuuJdZD1rrqgzno4_250.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is there such a thing as a built in tuner for a television where a gobsheen like myself doesn't need to connect it to an aerial? I've never had to do television stuff before.

Is there such a thing as a built in tuner for a television where a gobsheen like myself doesn't need to connect it to an aerial? I've never had to do television stuff before.

Newer tvs have the tuners built in, but you'll always need an Aerial or some other video source.

Are you thinking of like Internet video streaming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Would it need to be wired up to the aerial?

Was half-thinking of my options without having to resort to Sky (Chromecast etc) but more than likely I'll probably just get the basic channels for the free HD box.

• Advertisement

Would it need to be wired up to the aerial?

Was half-thinking of my options without having to resort to Sky (Chromecast etc) but more than likely I'll probably just get the basic channels for the free HD box.

I have a Chromecast (actually 2), a Roku and a Sky Now TV box.

I bought a Raspberry Pi 2 today, to use solely as a media device connected to the TV. I'd also like to get an Amazon Fire TV Stick at some stage in the future.

If there's anything you'd like to know, or need help with, ask away dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

On a bit of a winning streak as of late. Won a coca-cola Selfie Stick, a Straight Outta Compton jacket, bag and shirt and a 49" TV with 60 pizzas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

On a bit of a winning streak as of late. Won a coca-cola Selfie Stick, a Straight Outta Compton jacket, bag and shirt and a 49" TV with 60 pizzas.

You should take a picture with the selfie stick of yourself watching the TV while wearing the straight outta Compton jacket and eating a pizza.

Then post it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

How did you win the TV? Thats great stuff dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

60 pizzas and a 49" TV? Night of Champions party in your house so :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭kksaints

Dont forget to do the lotto for tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Can I rub off you :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

KKkitty wrote: »

And his winning streak continues!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Omackeral wrote: »
    You should take a picture with the selfie stick of yourself watching the TV while wearing the straight outta Compton jacket and eating a pizza.

Then post it here.

Definitely will as soon as everything arrives.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    How did you win the TV? Thats great stuff dude.

Most radio stations in Dublin were running competitions for the Rugby World Cup to win a TV and pizzas if you posted your "scrum face" so I took a pic with my dog and got it on one of them.
    Pentecost wrote: »
    60 pizzas and a 49" TV? Night of Champions party in your house so :P

I wish! Have a three week wait to get the TV now and the pizza thing comes along with it.
    kksaints wrote: »
    Dont forget to do the lotto for tomorrow night.

Hadn't thought of that, will do a quick pick tomorrow afternoon!
    KKkitty wrote: »

Maybe not, but cheers for the offer :D

I'm outrageously jelly!

Hold the TV, it's the pizzas I'm mad for!

• Advertisement

Yeah can I please come over and watch Night Of Champions with you and eat pizza? Or if there's a 3 week wait I'm sure we can all head to Chateau Hashtag for Hell In A Cell in October!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Good win for Ireland, though you'd expect it against a team like Canada.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Amazing game between S.Africa and Japan 19-19 atm with 25mins to go!

Japan fully deserve it too really putting it up to them. Whether they can last the distance or not though may be another issue

Amazing game between S.Africa and Japan 19-19 atm with 25mins to go!

Japan fully deserve it too really putting it up to them. Whether they can last the distance or not though may be another issue

I'm in Dublin so I can't watch the game, but I'm surprised that SA are having it put up to them so much, I'd expected a cruising victory. If Japan get a win, or even a draw, it'll be one of the biggest rugby shocks ever.

well 20m left and 22-22 now, still think S.Africa will pull away but you gotta be pulling for Japan watching this (as I am via filmon in Taiwan), real underdog story afterall.

Yeah, I have a live feed telling me the action, the best I can do. I'm looking forward to seeing highlights.

10mins left and it's 29-29!

everytime Japan pin A.Africa back just when they look to be getting away, it's mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

OH MY GOD! This is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

JAPAN.
    **** huge upset. Cue racial stereotype jokes by Tv3

• Advertisement

Heroes, everyone of them. never stopped!

they hadn't won a world cup game since 1991 vs Zimbabwe!

what an epic finish

Advertisement