Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,354 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Off to Lanzarote for a week with the wife, and 1 yr old little dude. Been on serious countdown for months now. Long needed break away!

Enjoy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Canada aren't doing too badly against the French, shame they conceded the try just before half time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,354 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Up to 15 dead in community college shooting in Oregon, will America ever change it's gun laws

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Up to 15 dead in community college shooting in Oregon, will America ever change it's gun laws

Nope, it'll be the same vicious circle over and over!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Tragically, not unless the government over there undergoes a monumental shift. Too many NRA type supporters over there in charge, and their default view seems to be "Give more people guns, and then they can protect themselves".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

When they refused to do anything after that classroom full of young children were shot dead, I got the sense they would never change. Any other country would have massively clamped down on guns after that but the NRA managed to ride out the storm of criticism. I even remember the gun lobby calling for teachers to be armed after that, as a solution. I think that did happen in some places. It's crazy how obsessed with guns they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I can't believe that this sort of thing is still happening after so many years. When Pearl Jam released Jeremy they found it difficult to get the video played on MTV because it dealt with this kind of subject. But at that stage Columbine hadn't even happened. It needs to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

It's a sad state of affairs that there have been so many mass shootings in schools over there that it doesn't even shock me when I hear about it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

142 shootings in the US since Sandy Hook in December 2012.. It's bloody madness..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    142 shootings in the US since Sandy Hook in December 2012.. It's bloody madness..
    52180557c856110c44000003_736.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Australia doing a great job of being there own worst enemy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

RKO from Burgess there

Rodgers gone. Fair enough after spending £300m and not being able to outperform teams who are in the majority nothing special.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ERG89 wrote: »
    Rodgers gone. Fair enough after spending £300m and not being able to outperform teams who are in the majority nothing special.

didn't expect that yet but you would think they have someone (Klopp?) lined up and maybe wanted to act before maybe Chelsea are looking for a new man.

Ireland were not all that impressive today but maybe they needed a bit of a kick up the arse and not have easy sailing all the way to France. Listening to O'Connell afterwards and he clearly knows they need to be better and there will be work done during the week to ensure that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know it might be disrespectful as a United fan to say this, but would Klopp want to go to Liverpool, especially when it looks like the Chelsea job could open up fairly soon? I feel he's above their level right now, and should be aiming for a club with CL football :/

Though I also say this cause I love Klopp and don't want to have to dislike him :P

didn't expect that yet but you would think they have someone (Klopp?) lined up and maybe wanted to act before maybe Chelsea are looking for a new man.

Ireland were not all that impressive today but maybe they needed a bit of a kick up the arse and not have easy sailing all the way to France. Listening to O'Connell afterwards and he clearly knows they need to be better and there will be work done during the week to ensure that.

I worry after those warm up games France will bully us with they're HUGE pack.
    Klopp is available yeah but it's unrealistic to say we can get him just cause of that.
    Kate Upton is single doesn't mean I could pull her.
    Kills me as I think Chelsea are a mess atm & United/Arsenal are so average but we are still worse than them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

It had to happen, really. He had one good season, driven by an amazing strikeforce. The problem was that while we were scoring over 100 goals that season, we were also conceding 50.

Once Suarez, the real quality in the team, left, it showed up the tactical failings of the team. The average game would consist of the following:

- Pass it around the back until someone tries a skill move that immediately loses the ball and gives the other team a chance to score
    - Get forward so slowly that the other team gets their entire team back in time to easily keep most attacks out. The reason we score so many long shots is because we're not good enough to get any closer
    - Half-assed defending, where everyone waits for someone else to do the job, which results in it not being done at all.

I was willing to give Rodgers a chance, but the result against Carlisle the other week just proved how one-dimensional his tactics were, and how fed up everyone was of seeing the same sh1t every other week.

Would honestly be happy with just about anyone at this stage.

Phew, that's a lot off my chest :p

Well him and Ancelotti are the two big names available that might have been in contact bu I've read that Carlo might a) take the season off or b) be looking at the Roma job while Klopp is supposedly interested in a "project" and Liverpool could fit the bill there.

If he is given backing to bring some players in (most new managers are esp high profile ones) and considering what is already there he could do very well at Liverpool. personally I think there are a lot of underperforming players who could turn it around like Sakho and some player like Can who could turn into top players (but aren't now) while Benteke and Sturridge if kept fit could be a very good partnership.

The Chelsea job potentially becoming available may have sped things up though as no doubt they would have been interested in him if Liverpool hadnt acted (if they have, who knows tbh) and Mourinho lost whatever support he has there atm.

I worry after those warm up games France will bully us with they're HUGE pack.
    Klopp is available yeah but it's unrealistic to say we can get him just cause of that.
    Kate Upton is single doesn't mean I could pull her.

Kills me as I think Chelsea are a mess atm & United/Arsenal are so average but we are still worse than them

Always worth a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Off to the oddessy area Belfast on Saturday for a coaching day with the Belfast gaints jr players

• Advertisement

Went to see The Lemonheads & Few Bits in Dublin tonight. Great show. Did anyone here go?

Ireland have beaten the World Champions but I'm happier Klopp is confirmed as Liverpool manager.....ewwww bad person O_O

Ireland's gonna be shut down tomorrow then.

Bloody delighted :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ireland have beaten the World Champions but I'm happier Klopp is confirmed as Liverpool manager.....ewwww bad person O_O

Real roller coaster of a night for me, football wise :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sunday is going to be messiest day for pubs in many a decade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Sunday is going to be messiest day for pubs in many a decade

I have Monday booked of work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I have Monday booked of work
    Smart man. Think I left it too late but I had no faith in the footballers so I deserve it.

Does anyone want 2 free tickets to B.C Camplight in The Workman's Club tomorrow night lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Smart man. Think I left it too late but I had no faith in the footballers so I deserve it.

Sure I think we're winning the rugby world cup blind faith all the way.

Some result though a huge change of fortune for the Ireland

• Advertisement

One thing I've been glad of is seeing Greece do badly. I've hated the way they've played since they won Euro 2004 with it, and in particular that game at the world cup against Costa Rica was one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Advertisement