Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Jesus, I'm riddled with an awful dose of food poisoning. Ate some German sausage From Lidl, of course, not checking the date. Was gone off by about 3 days.

The worst of it is, I can still taste the sausage everytime I burp or vom (not meaning to be crude).

I've broken bones in the past but food poisoning us the worst pain I've ever felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

kksaints wrote: »
    Not so sure about that. The Bohs team of 2008 was a very strong side, with some real quality players.

I'm a Bohs man myself and I did love that team, Brian Murphy in goal was fantastic as well as the likes of Killian Brennan, Owen Heary and Lithunanian international Mindagus Kalonas. Are Towell, Horgan , Massey etc as good? I think they could be. The similarities are there. Back to back leagues and a possible double too. I hope they cause a stir in Europe next year.

Some other great teams I've seen were Shels in 2004 with Holohan and Rogers and of course Cork City in 2006 and their euro exploits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭kksaints

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm a Bohs man myself and I did love that team, Brian Murphy in goal was fantastic as well as the likes of Killian Brennan, Owen Heary and Lithunanian international Mindagus Kalonas. Are Towell, Horgan , Massey etc as good? I think they could be. The similarities are there. Back to back leagues and a possible double too. I hope they cause a stir in Europe next year.

Some other great teams I've seen were Shels in 2004 with Holohan and Rogers and of course Cork City in 2006 and their euro exploits.

That Bohs team was stronger in attack and especially in goal. Rogers can be very patchy at times.Defense is probably equal and the Dundalk team is somewhat stronger in midfield.

Europe next year depends on how many players stay at the club next season. If most stay they have a great chance with a half decent draw but if they lose too many especially Towell,Gannon and Massey, I couldnt see them getting through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Last winter I expected Towell, Gannon, Horgan, Massey & Hoban to get a move to England but only one of them did. I'd be very surprised if we got that lucky again, particularly with Towell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Four hours of none stop hockey yesterday at the SSE Arena Belfast. I felt so at home on the ice. It is international ice hockey girls weekend for KIDS AND ADULTS to try the sport out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Last winter I expected Towell, Gannon, Horgan, Massey & Hoban to get a move to England but only one of them did. I'd be very surprised if we got that lucky again, particularly with Towell.

No idea you were a Town supporter. Class. I've been up a few times to Oriel. I do like it but have never been there when it rained thank god. Do you get to many games?. Is Gartland available next week, chap's a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Omackeral wrote: »
    No idea you were a Town supporter. Class. I've been up a few times to Oriel. I do like it but have never been there when it rained thank god. Do you get to many games?. Is Gartland available next week, chap's a beast.

Yeah I've a season ticket so most home games, haven't done an away trip since the first division though so looking forward to the Aviva. Not 100% about Gartland but I've heard he should be ok.

You're lucky about the rain, the away section in Oriel is terrible and I don't blame away fans for not coming outside of the summer games.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Jesus, I'm riddled with an awful dose of food poisoning. Ate some German sausage From Lidl, of course, not checking the date. Was gone off by about 3 days.

The worst of it is, I can still taste the sausage everytime I burp or vom (not meaning to be crude).
    Did not need to read this, over the weekend I finished off a pack of german sausages from austrian aldi that was a few days out of date.. oh man :pac:

Flying back to Ireland on Tuesday, how long did it take for your food poisoning to develop? Mine werent opened till friday, hoping that counts for something :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

You'll know about it by the next day at the latest I would think. Never had full on food poisoning thankfully.

Pentecost wrote: »
    You'll know about it by the next day at the latest I would think. Never had full on food poisoning thankfully.
    I should be ok so, started eating them on friday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Not looking good for Paulie but it being at half time means you never know as they will have time to work on him. After losing Sexton losing him too would be a big blow. That said one dodgy kick to touch aside Madigan has done well since he came on. Big fan of earls but damn things would be looking a lot rosier if he has kept hold of the ball for what would have been a try.

still were winning at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Looking very much like a 1/4 next Sunday against Argentina. A significant victory but not without a cost.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Looking very much like a 1/4 next Sunday against Argentina. A significant victory but not without a cost.

Hope thats not POC's last Ireland game but Henderson is a great replacement to have. Ireland were actually more assured in the second half and tbph The French never looked like getting a try and it was a very well deserved win for Ireland. Will be interesting to see how bad the groin injury our Zlatan (they french were apparently comparing Sexton to Ibra in Paris) picked up but tbh Madigan was very good in his place.

Italy, Germany, France defeated...Poland next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Heaslip going the Mick Foley route for a cheap pop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A win over France, the boxers doing well in the World Championships, if we can get a win or a high-scoring draw against Poland this could be the best day in Irish sport ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm hoping for a 2-3 against the Polish, Shane Long to hit the winner, no points for guessing who scores for Poland :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Did not need to read this, over the weekend I finished off a pack of german sausages from austrian aldi that was a few days out of date.. oh man :pac:

Flying back to Ireland on Tuesday, how long did it take for your food poisoning to develop? Mine werent opened till friday, hoping that counts for something :D
    I aye them Friday night. Woke up yesterday morning, felling grand. Had a full Irish and the whole lot.

Then, about 1pm, started feeling real rough. All the usual symptoms. Checked the Kabanosi from Lidl, and it was gone by about 5 days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Good win, but I'm gutted about POC. Hope Sean O'Brien doesn't get sited for his bit of stupidity in the game, that's the last thing we need.

Don't like seeing Brady at LB, would much prefer him in midfield but maybe Wilson isn't fully fit. Hoolihan not fit enough to start is a loss too although the poles are missing their own main assist threat through suspension

I aye them Friday night. Woke up yesterday morning, felling grand. Had a full Irish and the whole lot.

Then, about 1pm, started feeling real rough. All the usual symptoms. Checked the Kabanosi from Lidl, and it was gone by about 5 days.
    Ah it was cold sausage? I had to cook mine so that might help. Hope you're feeling a bit better now anyway!

• Advertisement

Nice peno in the soccer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ah it was cold sausage? I had to cook mine so that might help. Hope you're feeling a bit better now anyway!

I cooked it up in soup, kinda a German potato soup effort.

Feeling a bit better now cheers, although I am on a train to Dublin so hope the worst of the dose doesn't return!

2-1

That Lewandowski fellah for Poland ain't too bad I suppose...

Well if Ireland don't lose we qualify automatically the way things are so this 2nd half is not going to be dull one would think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Thank god for that penalty. Poland have been the better side & look dangerous. 2-1 isn't too bad as we needed to score at 1-1 anyway. Next goal is huge obviously

Poland obv happier with the current result are starting to sit back more and in doing so giving Ireland more ball that said they almost ended it on the counter there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Ah bollox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Nice! I have two 90s references for you: Zero Signal from the MK soundtrack, and iirc the Six-Pack Challenge in 98, Timelessness and Edgecrusher.
    Oh man, I haven't seen the Mortal Kombat movie in years. Seems like a good match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,354 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope one day POC is back as Ireland coach, legend, #ThanksPaulie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Did anyone get the new Ghostbusters visual history book? Not sure if there's any fans on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Did anyone get the new Ghostbusters visual history book? Not sure if there's any fans on here.
    Who in all honesty isn't a ghostbusters fan..... :eek:

Advertisement