Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Now you know how it feels to support Galway. Suck it in and embrace eternal sporting depression my friends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Now you know how it feels to support Galway. Suck it in and embrace eternal sporting depression my friends.
    Huh, hadn't thought of that one. My first thought was "So this is what being a Spurs fan is like."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Are you telling me Dave Kearney's Dad asked Joe Schmidt to play him & then went over his head to make sure he was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

ERG89 wrote: »
    Are you telling me Dave Kearney's Dad asked Joe Schmidt to play him & then went over his head to make sure he was?
    That whole thing was gas. Everybody had different versions too where said party would heroically barge into the dressing room to deliver inspirational abuse to said Báinisteoir before being dragged out by the neck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

To say I'm gutted is an understatement. I genuinely thought this group of players had it in them to make a semi final at least (I thought they had it in them to win it really) but we were second best all over. Good thing I'm of tomorrow to drown my sorrows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Scotland putting in a mighty effort.

Edit: Just fell short. Damn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Ugh well that was an absolute killer of a day, if you were Scottish you'd have preferred a 20 point beating, the hope is what kills you. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Ugh well that was an absolute killer of a day, if you were Scottish you'd have preferred a 20 point beating, the hope is what kills you. :mad:

I dunno I fell fairly crap after both

I dunno I fell fairly crap after both

My bad.

What I mean is and I have a Scottish friend when I rang him after it, he made the point, if Scotland has lost by 15 or 16 points which most people expected them to, then it wouldn't have hurt as much as that is what everyone expected as ultimately Australia are a much superior side.

The fact they were just one good line out away from a semi final with Argentina is something that they won't ever forget sadly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Really hope Jérôme Garcès doesn't ref another match in this tournament.

• Advertisement

So, Longford Town round off the season with a win over Derry, and finish off the season in 6th. That, plus getting to the FAI cup semis isn't too shabby really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Angron wrote: »
    So, Longford Town round off the season with a win over Derry, and finish off the season in 6th. That, plus getting to the FAI cup semis isn't too shabby really.

Finishing 5th is better :p

Feck off :P

Good rugby world cup that and worthy winners.

Also supposedly, some prisons for their worst offenders are locking them in rooms and making them watch Man Utd under LVG. :o

Rooney, ****ing hell, only 30 and pretty much finished. :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ugh, for the first time in my life, I got food poisoning. Sucks. Was up have the night and still feeling like ****. All I have kept down today is a glass of Flat Sprite. Everything else is coming out in torrents at one end or the other :(

Never having garlic mushrooms again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Saturday was one of the maddest days I can remember, was in Melbourne where the horse racing is on atm, it was my brothers wedding, one of the brides families birthday, Halloween and at 3am that night the Rugby World Cup final was on. Think I finally got to bed at 7am then was up again to check out and go for breakfast before 10!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ugh, for the first time in my life, I got food poisoning. Sucks. Was up have the night and still feeling like ****. All I have kept down today is a glass of Flat Sprite. Everything else is coming out in torrents at one end or the other :(

Never having garlic mushrooms again.

Had it a couple weeks back.

The vomiting / diarrhoea I had wasnt the worst of it. But the total exhaustion, and passing out were. And the dehydration afterwards

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Had it a couple weeks back.

The vomiting / diarrhoea I had wasnt the worst of it. But the total exhaustion, and passing out were. And the dehydration afterwards

Yeah, been a ghost all day. I've gotten over the ejections, but the exhaustion is killing me. Nice early night though will hopefully fix me up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Note to self, STAY THE **** AWAY FROM GARLIC MUSHROOMS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Note to self, stay away from TSC, he may be a vampire.

(hope you feel better soon)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,352 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Today is "National Men Make Dinner Day" so get cooking lads maybe not Lord TSC :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Today is "National Men Make Dinner Day" so get cooking lads maybe not Lord TSC :p

Stomach feels ok for the most part but I've had no appetite for days :( I've not had a proper meal for 4 days now, but I'm just not hungry at all. And I love my food, and I love cooking :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Stomach feels ok for the most part but I've had no appetite for days :( I've not had a proper meal for 4 days now, but I'm just not hungry at all. And I love my food, and I love cooking :(

Hope you feel better soon, just think of the few pounds you probably have lost by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

What happens if I make the dinner every day anyhow? :P

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What happens if I make the dinner every day anyhow? :P
    Make two dinners :pac:

Poor France, shocking reports

It's a ****ed up world we live in :( Following it on Twitter, is it random attacks or orchestrated??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This situation in Paris is scary

French police have said 'at least 60 people' have been killed after two separate shootings in Paris
    A hostage situation, involving as many as 100 people, is unfolding the Bataclan theatre
    There are also reports of two explosions near the Stade de France, five miles from the shootings
    Police have confirmed there have been 'multiple' acts of violence across the capital

Any idea on perpetrators??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Any idea on perpetrators??

Nope nothing yet

Advertisement