Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is there special privileges? Apart from the name thing
    Angron seems to know more about it than either of us do. Can't say it would entice me. I hate my username but I guess that's what I wound up with on here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aye, well I've subbed a few times in the past :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got my PS4 today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Angron wrote: »

My little brother got one for Christmas, im waiting impatiently to open it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

sky88 wrote: »
    My little brother got one for Christmas, im waiting impatiently to open it up

Guys make sure to open it before Xmas and install all the updates so you're ready to rock and roll come the big morning! Don't make the mistake WiiU owners had!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yeah especially after last Christmas when those lizard d!cks overloaded PSN & Xbox Live.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Guys make sure to open it before Xmas and install all the updates so you're ready to rock and roll come the big morning! Don't make the mistake WiiU owners had!

Mine's not for Christmas, it's for my birthday yesterday :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Happy Birthday Fellah!

Never would have thought of that thanks. ill have to do that to not spoil Christmas on the brother. nothing got to do with my need to play star wars battlefront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mine's not for Christmas, it's for my birthday yesterday :pac:

Happy Belated Birthday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Eh I think you mean write to the elves and ask them to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Christmas shopping must the devils idea. Think I'll do it online next year

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Online shopping > going out into the madness

Also 2 exams down, 2 to go, c'mon Wednesday afternoon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Happy birthday Angron! From all the lads on the Ark Royal!

23295601730_ebcdef08b3_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Belated happy birthday Angron.

Was thinking a couple times of picking up a PS4 with the recent Argos deals, but there's not much on it to justify getting it yet. Arkham Knight and Infamous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ive been tempted as well but mostly for the Assassins Creed games. Decided to hold off until next year as have a few things to get through on the PS3 first.

Same as that. I still have to finish Arkham Origins and the last couple of Grand Theft Autos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is Game of Thrones a hard show to et into watching? I've made a few attempts at the first episode of Season 1, but must admit, haven't really gotten bit by the bug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is Game of Thrones a hard show to et into watching? I've made a few attempts at the first episode of Season 1, but must admit, haven't really gotten bit by the bug.
    Not something you can pay half attention to (pretty much how I watch TV). So many characters and a fair few bad episodes thrown in. I got lost in it a lot because I haven't read the books. There's a massive buzz about it though and it can be decent conversation fodder. The twists are great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yeah there's a lot to take in, so many characters, families, alliances & plots that it can be easy to get bogged down in it all. However the main narrative is quite straight forward & easy to follow, it's mostly the intricacies that can cause confusion. It's my favourite show anyway, I get ridiculously excited for new episodes & can't wait for the new season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭kksaints

gerrybbadd wrote: »

I watched the first season first, then read all the books and got hooked on it until around the middle of the fourth season where I started to get annoyed by changes from the novels and the focus on certain characters over others. Didnt like the latest season at all.

I began watching it because I went on a tour of a few of the filming locations in the North (Ireland that is and not The North), although I'm sure I was at some of those locations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pitiful stuff from United. Really hope LVG is gone at the end of the season. Guardiola would be great but if he's City-bound then Ancelotti would be a great option imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I've never been so up and down emotions wise watching a football game, but absolutely dreadful from United, Dreadful.

Pitiful stuff from United. Really hope LVG is gone at the end of the season. Guardiola would be great but if he's City-bound then Ancelotti would be a great option imo.

Bad bad night won't be going near the soccer thread it's like poison at the minute.

Ancelotti would be my pick if there's a change but I don't think there will be. I just hope the Giggs is no were near the choice when it comes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Would love to know the reasoning behind playing Varela tonight and then bringing on Powell for Mata.

I'm not sure what to make of LVG really, yeah he got champions league football, but with his budget and Liverpool so comically bad last year its not the monumental achievement that his supporters claim.

He is close to the top this year, but I don't see them hanging about as Arsenal and City really should be miles clear. Heck it looks like a dog fight with Liverpool and Spurs to sneak into champions league again.

Meh.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Would love to know the reasoning behind playing Varela tonight and then bringing on Powell for Mata.

I'm not sure what to make of LVG really, yeah he got champions league football, but with his budget and Liverpool so comically bad last year its not the monumental achievement that his supporters claim.

He is close to the top this year, but I don't see them hanging about as Arsenal and City really should be miles clear. Heck it looks like a dog fight with Liverpool and Spurs to sneak into champions league again.

Meh.

There's no other full backs left so that's why he played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Young would have been a safer option, but heh LVG backs youth, this is what happens when you bin so many useful squad players, guys like Lingaard, Powell, Varela and Borthwick alll on when they were chasing a result.:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't drink but games like tonight make me very, very tempted....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote: »
    Won't be going near the soccer thread it's like poison at the minute.

They are usually so insightful.

Advertisement