Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Loadsa boring ones kinda killed momentum too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If it came back,mould be better to have someone running it approach people of interest, o think. Someone who is a regular on boards AND looks like they would have interesting responses...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I ran it the second time and, to be honest, it ended up getting to the stage where people you'd be lucky to get three or four questions. I'd love to see it back (I was looking forward to being asked questions!) though

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Fantastic result for Leicester tonight, the rot however goes on at Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Did y'all enjoy Fear Factory who went from here the other night? I thought it was pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I ran it the second time and, to be honest, it ended up getting to the stage where people you'd be lucky to get three or four questions. I'd love to see it back (I was looking forward to being asked questions!) though

I think, and I know I was guilty of this, some people had multiple questions for the first person asked over multiple posts then for later people they asked all at once. Maybe a 2/3 question per post rule?

And just looking back now, seems I was the one who killed it. Sorry :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Maybe if we bar you from it this time it will work? ;) I completely forgot about that series on here. If I remember correctly pretty much every regular poster at the time signed up to be a part of it but not everyone ended up doing it. Can't blame anyone for being boring though.

PW in the Spotlight making it's long awaited comeback??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I wouldnt mind trying my hand at hosting a new PW Spotlight thread if anyone didnt mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind trying my hand at hosting a new PW Spotlight thread if anyone didnt mind?

Delightful. Add me to the list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Oh goody. I'm in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I ran it the second time (PW in the Spotlight) and, to be honest, it ended up getting to the stage where people you'd be lucky to get three or four questions. I'd love to see it back I was looking forward to being asked questions! though

I thought it was good but a lot of people posing questions just copy and pasted their Q's. It was a good idea defo. Here's a link to a few.

Bounty Hunter in the Spotlight

Omackeral in the Spotlight

The original suggestion and explanation of how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Nice one Joe. It's a good way for people to get to know each other and have that community vibe in the forum. Put me down if you're doing it, would like to take part.

I'll throw my hat in the ring as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Can't see Van Gaal being in charge against Stoke after today.

Can't see Van Gaal being in charge against Stoke after today.

Beaten by Norwich at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years, 18 months in the job, £250 million spent on players, playing drab football.. Van Gaal definitely has to go, would any United supporter trust him with another £150 million with the January window on the horizon?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Was thinking of picking up Star Wars Battlefront for myself, until I realised there's no single player in it at all. Feels kinda bogus. Might see if I can pick up Fallout somewhere cheap enough instead.

Angron wrote: »
    Was thinking of picking up Star Wars Battlefront for myself, until I realised there's no single player in it at all. Feels kinda bogus. Might see if I can pick up Fallout somewhere cheap enough instead.

Yeah, I'm waiting till battlefront drops a bit in price before I get it. Fallout 4 is keeping me plenty entertained though. I'm 50 hours in now and loving it. Brother got 100 out of it before he left it, and even then it was cause he rinsed the game. Its fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Find many bugs in it yet? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I played the beta for Battlefront & enjoyed it. It's definitely a game made for Star Wars fans rather than FPS fans though. Disappointing lack of content in it, the lack of single player & space battles meant it was no longer a Day 1 purchase for me. Think it's on sale on the PS store until St Stephen's Day so if I haven't gotten it for Christmas I'll be buying it there.

Fallout's good though. I'm not sure how many hours I've put in but it's a lot. Starting to feel a bit repetitive now, the side quests aren't as good as Fallout 3 imo & the settlements are a waste of time. Really enjoying the combat & just exploring the world (it took me 3 days to walk from Sanctuary to the
    Glowing Sea
    & I spent another 2 days wandering about that because I didn't want to fast travel) though. Great atmosphere in it & I haven't encountered any serious bugs.

The Witcher 3 is my favourite game of 2015 by a mile, it's gone straight into my 3 favourite games of all time so if you haven't played it I'd definitely recommend trying it out.

Angron wrote: »
    Find many bugs in it yet? :pac:

Not many. A few quests that can't be handed in, but nothing major.

My brother had a fun one...there's one companion who, if you get his fondness of you to max, gives you a special perk that increases headshot accuracy by 20%....but it glitched, so now every headshot he fires has a 95% chance of hitting. Any distance, any gun....it's like God mode for him :P Apparently it's pretty common.

I played the beta for Battlefront & enjoyed it. It's definitely a game made for Star Wars fans rather than FPS fans though. Disappointing lack of content in it, the lack of single player & space battles meant it was no longer a Day 1 purchase for me. Think it's on sale on the PS store until St Stephen's Day so if I haven't gotten it for Christmas I'll be buying it there.

Fallout's good though. I'm not sure how many hours I've put in but it's a lot. Starting to feel a bit repetitive now, the side quests aren't as good as Fallout 3 imo & the settlements are a waste of time. Really enjoying the combat & just exploring the world (it took me 3 days to walk from Sanctuary to the
    Glowing Sea
    & I spent another 2 days wandering about that because I didn't want to fast travel) though. Great atmosphere in it & I haven't encountered any serious bugs.

The Witcher 3 is my favourite game of 2015 by a mile, it's gone straight into my 3 favourite games of all time so if you haven't played it I'd definitely recommend trying it out.

Yeah, the lack of space battles was something that pissed me off, and the likelihood that it'll be added down the line as paid DLC put me off the game quite a bit.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not many. A few quests that can't be handed in, but nothing major.

My brother had a fun one...there's one companion who, if you get his fondness of you to max, gives you a special perk that increases headshot accuracy by 20%....but it glitched, so now every headshot he fires has a 95% chance of hitting. Any distance, any gun....it's like God mode for him :P Apparently it's pretty common.
    Certainly worse bugs to get :P

Sat here in The Coombe. Gonna be a Daddy again in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Congrats gerry!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Congratulations and hope all goes well

Thanks guys! Gonna be strange this Xmas. We already have a 17 month old boy, but my wife will be here for Xmas day (not getting out until Stephen's day), so we've had Xmas early!

Santy came yesterday (not that the young man knows really who Santa is yet, but it did my wife's heart good to see him have his prezzies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Thanks guys! Gonna be strange this Xmas. We already have a 17 month old boy, but my wife will be here for Xmas day (not getting out until Stephen's day), so we've had Xmas early!

Santy came yesterday (not that the young man knows really who Santa is yet, but it did my wife's heart good to see him have his prezzies

We'll have the wet the newest arrivals head on New Years day.

Tell herself I said hello and good luck.

Mazel Tov on the new arrival :D

• Advertisement

Super-Rush wrote: »
    We'll have the wet the newest arrivals head on New Years day.

Tell herself I said hello and good luck.

You'll be making an appearance? I'll have to triple time between 2 wedding after parties, and the 30th

Advertisement