Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was out in Galway on Monday wearing a Bullet Club shirt, ended up in a discussion with a guy about the upcoming Wrestle Kingdom show. I usually find it rather cool to get talking to people I don't know about that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah I saw someone in a Bullet Club hoodie at a gig recently. I was wearing a Bálor Club one. People often ask me is wrestling fake if they see me wearing a WWE t-shirt as well, ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I remember going up to some lad in a Daniel Bryan t-shirt in the Róisín once and was looking forward to a great chat but he was off his face of kets. The closest I ever got to chatting to some random graps fan outside here and a couple of friends of friends.

I was at a Foil, Arms & Hog show in the Roisín Dubh earlier in the year and I remember there was a guy in a Yes Movement t-shirt but my girlfriend was like, no, no talking about wrestling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I was at a Foil, Arms & Hog show in the Roisín Dubh earlier in the year and I remember there was a guy in a Yes Movement t-shirt but my girlfriend was like, no, no talking about wrestling.

She was like the heel Daniel Bryan.

You could have turned Team Hell No on her. Yes! No! Yes! No! Yes! No!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

9 times out of 10 I'm wearing wrestling tees and a punk hoodie so if you see me shout heel and I'll have a chat

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah I saw someone in a Bullet Club hoodie at a gig recently. I was wearing a Bálor Club one. People often ask me is wrestling fake if they see me wearing a WWE t-shirt as well, ha.

One thing I love about my BC shirt is it's a wrestling shirt, but very few people that aren't wrestling fans will ever recognise it as one, so I never get the fake shtick. Did get it the odd time with a bright blue Ziggler shirt though.

I couldn't give a crap after a while when I'm out in public. In work is another story though. I always tend to wear a shirt like the big mark I am if I'm stuck in work on a PPV Sunday.

Lemmy, the vocalist of the band Motorhead and the voice behind a few of HHH's entrance themes, died today :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

How on earth is LVG still in a job?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lemmy is a massive loss to the Metal community, and frankly, was a walking miracle.

To live to 70, as hard and fast as he did, was nothing short of astounding. He'll be missed in a huge way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Not Lenny Lemmy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,844 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lemmy the Documentary is a great watch what a life he lived.

It's on Netflix Canada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    To live to 70, as hard and fast as he did, was nothing short of astounding. He'll be missed in a huge way

Ya! I was thinking, for a guy that brushes his teeth with a bottle of jack, he's done well to live to 70! A lot of famous musicians don't have that fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Lemmy would've loved the darts tonight. MVG KO'd by one of the top athletes in the world.

RIP Lemmy. :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Sad to hear about Lemmy. :( Big metal fan here so the HHH themes were always my favorite WWE themes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ya! I was thinking, for a guy that brushes his teeth with a bottle of jack, he's done well to live to 70! A lot of famous musicians don't have that fortune.

That's Kei$ha you're thinking of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Jesus the weather the last month has been fuçking terrible. Trying to fight off a flu since Christmas Day but it's proving a real challenge.
    I'll always remember Lemmy for his Wrestlemania XVII gig :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

saw this posted in a few places

5658_10153726901997279_14656347381113391_n.jpg?oh=33bb19f5470a1e97a5894375284a5edb&oe=57005DB6

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Heres to another lousy millennium Happy New Year Folks

yAAIi2D.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy new year all. Think I still need to post in the predictions thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Happy new year lads. Glad my days of going out for it are over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy New Year guys and Liz. I hope we're all still here this time next year to reflect on it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Happy New Year all

Is anyone up to anything tonight? I'm sitting in watching Netflix because I've work in the morning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Address Hotel in Dubai is on fire at the moment. Here's a picture. Right beside the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. Was there a few years back, and the Burj was so unfathomably tall. Like, even standing there looking at it, it didn't seem real. Fire looks crazy though. You'd imagine it shouldn't be able to spread through a properly protected building like that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Is anyone up to anything tonight? I'm sitting in watching Netflix because I've work in the morning.

Did the same just hate New Years so didn't bother with anything,

Happy New Years fold hope it's a great one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Goodbye 2015, without a doubt the worst year of my life! Heres to 2016 being a hell of a lot better. Happy New Year y'all, hope its a prosperous and productive and above all else good year for all of us.

Advertisement