Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

2015 was a lot of good things. Mainly the birth of my little girl. However it was also the year it completed the greatest and most taxing physical challenge I have ever faced. I ate a double burrito in one sitting and survived. On such feats are legends born.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Happy New Year everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

A Happy & Healthy New Year to ye all, may 2016 be an awesome year :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I know we discussed the place in here before, but I just found out the Anvil in Longford is closing down :(

An excellent game of darts between Adrian Lewis & Gary Anderson :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    An excellent game of darts between Adrian Lewis & Gary Anderson :D

Delighted for Anderson well deserved winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Angron wrote: »
    I know we discussed the place in here before, but I just found out the Anvil in Longford is closing down :(

Really? My buddy wants his stag in Longford and we were going to stay there for old times sake. Boo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I work in a prison as an officer. Imagine my face when I took charge of my landing yesterday to find a new committal with the name Kevin Owens. I hum the tune every time I open the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    I work in a prison as an officer. Imagine my face when I took charge of my landing yesterday to find a new committal with the name Kevin Owens. I hum the tune every time I open the door.

Watch out for that Pop Up Powerbomb dude. Can come out of nowhere!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gimmick wrote: »
    Really? My buddy wants his stag in Longford and we were going to stay there for old times sake. Boo.
    Aye. Apparently there's new people taking over, but I doubt it'll feel the same to me, it was one of the two places in town I'd go to regularly. Not sure when it's re-opening either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Watch out for that Pop Up Powerbomb dude. Can come out of nowhere!

I think that's the RKO you're thinking of but luckily Prisoner R.Orton was released last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Omackeral wrote: »
    Big Boss Man Jr. in the big house. Just make sure Kev doesn't become your Nailz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Nailz was mentioned on Kevin Sullivan's podcast yesterday. It was a blast from the past I had totally forgotten. He seemed to disappear after he was fired for apparently attacking Vince? He was like a convict who feuded with his old prison guard Big Boss Man. Love that gimmick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Lemmy's funeral is being livestreamed on YouTube. Triple H is in attendance

CYT9NJmWcAAAnE1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP David Bowie, a trend setting legend

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP David Bowie, a trend setting legend

RIP indeed, Lemmy & Bowie checking out 2 weeks apart :(, one thing is for sure, we'll never see the like of them ever again..

Also when do you get sworn in as PW Mod??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,844 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The whole memorial in honour of Lemmy was so well done (celebration on the sunset strip in his honour must've been damn awesome), right up to the end, which caught me off guard..

• Advertisement

Just saw #HappyBirthdayZayn was trending on twitter, and had two thoughts. First one, "It's Sami Zayn's birthday?", and second one, "Why does so much of twitter know about Sami Zayn?".

Clearly, I am well tuned in to the music of teenagers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

RIP indeed, Lemmy & Bowie checking out 2 weeks apart :(, one thing is for sure, we'll never see the like of them ever again..

These thngs come in 3's,whos next is my fear!

Also you iknow Liz isnt going to be a mod right? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am waiting for Captain Charisma to swear me in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

We need a heel mod.

Hashtag heel perhaps for his name alone.

Or maybe a heel turn from BH, screwing everyone in the draft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Kankan14 wrote: »
    We need a heel mod.

Hashtag heel perhaps for his name alone.

Or maybe a heel turn from BH, screwing everyone in the draft.

I turned heel once in ATH. Didn't last long, due to my natural Babyface tendencies, sparkling wit, boyish good looks and body of a young Bobby Heenan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

You wouldn't realise David Bowie sang so many popular songs until you hear them its mad really was an amazing guy RIP

Well the Newcastle/Man United game was exciting to say the least, not the result I was hoping for though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I was expecting a boring game like I've gotten used to but it was a great game with a bad result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

No idea how LVG is still employed, should have been fired a long time ago and Jose should have been given the job.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Alan Rickman has passed away. :(

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jan/14/alan-rickman-giant-of-british-film-and-theatre-dies-at-69

This ones hit me hard; such a key part of some of my favourite films. Die Hard, Harry Potter series...was only watching Galaxy Quest last night :(

Advertisement