Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I loved the guy, such a loss. Same age as Bowie and similar illness.

he will forever be the best bad guy in a movie for me since Die Hard. Hans was a masterclass of how to be an evil villian. Sueve, charsmatic and heartless. Brilliant.

Last seen him in Love Actually which is one of my fav christmas feel good movies.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Alan Rickman has passed away. :(

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jan/14/alan-rickman-giant-of-british-film-and-theatre-dies-at-69

This ones hit me hard; such a key part of some of my favourite films. Die Hard, Harry Potter series...was only watching Galaxy Quest last night :(

RIP, great as Sheriff of Nottingham in Costner's Robin Hood too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Oh wow - RIP. I would never have guessed he was 69.

A fantastic actor, he will certainly be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP, great as Sheriff of Nottingham in Costner's Robin Hood too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Sad news loved him in so many different roles die hard, harry potter, robin hood, love actually and galaxy quest

:(

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    Sad news loved him in so many different roles die hard, harry potter, robin hood, love actually and galaxy quest

:(

And of course as Eamon DeV in Michael Collins

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    These thngs come in 3's,whos next is my fear!

Also you iknow Liz isnt going to be a mod right? ;)

Jaysus! question answered.

I'm out of the loop and ddn't know either he or Bowie had been sick. Sucks to think I'll never see Rickman in another movie now (although he has a voice role in the next Alice in Wonderland movie apparently)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jaysus! question answered.

I'm out of the loop and ddn't know either he or Bowie had been sick. Sucks to think I'll never see Rickman in another movie now (although he has a voice role in the next Alice in Wonderland movie apparently)

Bowie was a really private person, so only those really close to him knew he was sick, same with Rickman, he kept his diagnosis to himself and a few select confidants.

Poor aul Grizzly Adams is gone now as well

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/15/dan-haggerty-dead-grizzly-adams/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Spear! Suplex! :p

Jays, David Haye wasn't messing about!

He was the most exciting fighter in the world before he was beaten by Klitscho. The best promo in boxing. I loved his arrogance.

Fury is a big lump.and I'd love to see Haye batter him if he gets the chance. He is no Joe Joyce.

He's old as **** but heavyweight has been in the doldrums for so long.

The Klitscho fight was very disappointing, I was sure he'd best him soundly and reign over the heavyweight division for years.

Agreed about the promo skills, he's very good. Great charisma too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

DM_7 wrote: »

That is begging for some Paul Heyman "GORE! GORE! GORE!" commentary editing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Must resist clicking into the match thread. Come on united!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Must resist clicking into the match thread. Come on united!
    Not a big win, but an important one nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Angron wrote: »
    Not a big win, but an important one nonetheless.

For sure, it is possible to be a momentum changing win.

Whats right is rooney scoring goals and schneiderlin fit again.

Whats wrong is De Gea being heavily relied upon. At times blind and smalling get really overwhelmed in the centre of defence.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I'm glad we still have De Gea, but the defence could do with being a bit stronger at times. Sometimes I miss the days when United had players like Irwin and Stam :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm glad we still have De Gea, but the defence could do with being a bit stronger at times. Sometimes I miss the days when United had players like Irwin and Stam :P

United thrive on a centre back partnership with a no nonsense and a ball player. We've been missing the no nonsense element ie stam vidic for a few seasons

Aye, Vidic leaving was a big loss. He really grew into his role, and became a huge part of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

sky88 wrote: »
    Did the same just hate New Years so didn't bother with anything,

Happy New Years fold hope it's a great one.
    It's just the same as any other day for me really. I was asleep before midnight even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Boards.ie was DDoS'd last night. I'm sure that explains nobody watching RAW :P

If you're wondering, DDoS is a "distributed denial-of-service" attack on a site is when someone (or people) bring down a site. It's done by causing a surge in connections to a site all at the same time; so the host it's connected to suspends it's service. The owners of the site must then communicate with the host (usually via email or phone, either way that means it'll take time) to block the dodgy IPs and bring the site back online. Arseholes DDoS sites just to inconvenience the owners/users.

Boards is back online (duh! LOL!) but that's why it may be running slowly for ya.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah as Jay said, what happened...some d!cks happened but thankfully boards be back

really makes you realize how much you use sites like boards when something like this happens. How many of you have been wearing out your F5 buttons

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thank god we are back!!

What kind of a d1ckhead do you have to be to do these DDoS attacks?

I suppose the same kinda cnut that took down the PSN and Xbox Live last Xmas, ruining the day for kids everywhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can post now on my IPad, by not even able to log on anywhere else :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Can post now on my IPad, by not even able to log on anywhere else :(

I can only post on my phone and hoping it doesn't log me out as I can't log in anywhere else.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I can only post on my phone and hoping it doesn't log me out as I can't log in anywhere else.

Me too now :(

There always seems to be an attack around draft time

Advertisement