Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Origin Game Time

• 20-06-2014 3:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭

Here's an interesting idea from Origin:

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/news/play-titanfall-free-game-time

It’s Game Time! This is a brand new program on Origin: it’s free time with full games. Origin Game Time isn’t a demo, it’s the full game playable for free for as long as there’s time on your Game Time clock. And we’re kicking off Origin Game Time with a truly massive experience: Titanfall on PC.

This weekend you’ll be able to download Titanfall and play for free for two days straight. We’re launching Origin Game Time for Titanfall across the world over the next several hours, so if you don’t see it available yet in your territory, you will soon. Origin Game Time games will appear on our Free Games page when they’re available to download.

Haven’t felt the thrill of dropping an 18-foot tall metallic beast on your opponent? What about the rush of leaping from wall to wall through the war-torn alleyways of a devastated compound? This is your chance to really see for yourself what Titanfall is all about. Play it for yourself. It won’t cost you a thing.

For Titanfall you’re getting 48 full hours of Pilot/Titan action. It’s the entire game. The Origin Game Time clock begins the moment you start the game for the first time, and ticks down in realtime. Whether you’re fighting your friends or taking a break, the Game Time clock will continue to run.

Love the game after playing during Origin Game Time and want to continue? Your Titanfall progress is saved and you can pick up right where you left off if you purchase Titanfall.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,817 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So they "invented" the Steam Free Weekend and let users pick when to activate.

You know, I'm positive publishers on steam can also give out guest passes to games that serve the precise same function. I had a few passes last year to some Z-list FPS game I cant even remember the name of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Yeah, this is pretty much the same a the steam free weekends, but it's good to see it on a current AAA title.

I usually dont bother with the steam ones cause they're games that are a few years old and I dont care about.

May have to give Titanfall a go now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

BizzyC wrote: »
    May have to give Titanfall a go now.

So you're aware, it's a 50GB download!

Ouch!

Time to put 'unlimited' broadband to the test....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Cravez wrote: »
    So you're aware, it's a 50GB download!

I think it's actually only around 21gb, but will then be around 50gb when installed. Origin still shows 50gb though for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

EA get a lot of stick, but I think Origin is a great service. As far as interface goes, I actually prefer it to Steam and in the last couple of months they've really upped thing by giving the likes of Plants v Zombies and Battlefront 3 away for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

EA get a lot of stick, but I think Origin is a great service. As far as interface goes, I actually prefer it to Steam and in the last couple of months they've really upped thing by giving the likes of Plants v Zombies and Battlefront 3 away for free.

Well it ain't no Uplay :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The prices of their games are outrageous though. All their 'AAA' games start at €60 with deluxe editions being €70+. And even 3rd party games are overpriced. Assassin's Creed III Deluxe edition is €54.99 on Origin right now, where as it is €23.99 on Steam at sale price, or €40 normal price on Steam. Hell, even FIFA14 is still €60.

It's an acceptable service in that you can download games from it, and receive updates, but gamers are better off buying an EA game from Amazon.co.uk or some other retailer at half the price and unlocking it on Origin.

EDIT: Just noticed Sniper Elite V2 is €50 on Origin. :O

Hmm, this may have worked on me....

A few hours of titanfall play paired with it being 50% in the origin store...
    It's already downloaded, just need to pay to keep playing...

I might actually buy this game now, which is not something I would've considered before the free time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wish they did this with more MP games outside of the big ones like CoD and BF. Free weekends are great ways to give games with a robust MP but not a large playerbase a shot in the arm. Stuff like Killing Floor and Natural Selection 2.

Would love to try Titanfall but new PC wont be assembled till next weekend at the earliest :(

Yeah, this has totally worked.

I may have another hour or two on the game time when I get home from work, but I think I'll keep playing after that.

This model could definitely work if they keep it paired with specials on recent titles.

I don't bother with any of the free weekend stuff on steam cause it's always for a 5 year old game that costs €4

Actually, they screwed it...

Went onto Origin yesterday after my game time 48 hours had expired to buy the game, the 50% off offer also expired along with it which seems kinda stupid to me.

After trying the game over 48 hours I was ready to make a purchase on the offer, but the offer was only available while the free trial was active...
    What's the point in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

If you're still interested, it's half price on gamersGate right now:
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-TITANFALLUK/titanfall-uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,817 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

BizzyC wrote: »
    Actually, they screwed it...

Went onto Origin yesterday after my game time 48 hours had expired to buy the game, the 50% off offer also expired along with it which seems kinda stupid to me.

After trying the game over 48 hours I was ready to make a purchase on the offer, but the offer was only available while the free trial was active...
    What's the point in that?

to be fair, Steam Free Weekends usually have the same caveat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Overheal wrote: »
    to be fair, Steam Free Weekends usually have the same caveat.
    he has a point, ive never done one of those free weekends but i would complain if i did and wasnt available at discount just after the free version expired.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭Nollog

odd idea from them, considering the lack of content EA games usually suffer from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

PSN has been doing this for a while now no ? I've seen it on several games (at least as a PS+ subscriber) games on PSN. Although I think it's 1 hour free time with the full game only.

Anyone looking for Titanfall a little cheaper can get it for €25 in Smyths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Oh thats tempting. Torn between that and PvZ Garden Warfare for an online shooter.

Latest Origin Game Time game is Battlefield 4. Play as much as you want for 7 days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Latest Origin Game Time game is Battlefield 4. Play as much as you want for 7 days!

if you are able, buggy game is buggy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Skerries wrote: »
    I've been playing this game since release and find its pretty stable now. I haven't had any issues with it in the last two months.

Skerries wrote: »

CTE son

Plants v Zomies: Garden Warfare is the current Origin game time game. 72 hours to play it once you start. It's a really fun game, enjoy :D

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is also there and free to play for 48 hours.

Advertisement