Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

night vision

• 20-06-2014 7:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi lads
    I'm planning to buy night vision and want to ask if any of you ttried the modern warfare goggles?
    They've been with the game.
    Are they good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

I heard they weren't great,

but that's only conjecture from the internet. Not had a chance to use them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

Did anyone used these on the field? How they perform?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

I wore a pair for one round of a night game.
    Vision was good but depth perception was terrible.
    you run up to a corner for cover to peek around and end up running into it.
    Or if ya tried knife kill someone you just end up flailing your arms around like a zombie 2 ft away from or after your target.

I suppose they would work if ya took up a stationary role like sniper /spotter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭smokedaddy

J-W wrote: »
    I wore a pair for one round of a night game.
    Vision was good but depth perception was terrible.
    you run up to a corner for cover to peek around and end up running into it.
    Or if ya tried knife kill someone you just end up flailing your arms around like a zombie 2 ft away from or after your target.
    I suppose they would work if ya took up a stationary role like sniper /spotter.

Thank for replying.
    They won't be good for me then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The best night-vision you are going to get without a valid ITAR export form (i.e. never) are your own eyeballs. You'd be amazed just how well you can see in the dark if you let your eyes adjust and don't keep reaching for a torch every three seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Lemming is 100% right , I bring a torch coz rules say ya have to have 1 , but I never use it ( except placing it on a wall or something away from me to draw fire , great trick) .Try and stay in the dark as much as possible and stay out of break room unless ya have to go in to reload.
    Your eyes will adjust and give you a great advantage takes about 15min with peak performance after 45 min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

Eat more carrots ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ReapersAirsoft

But there's always that one lad with terrible light discipline on your team that near burns the eyes out of your head with his super bright torch.

Advertisement