Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 24th Jun 21:00 STCOLM Exeter Gently

Options
  • 20-06-2014 7:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Need to pick up momentum after the win last week

Cathal
    Ciaran
    Cillian
    Conor
    Damo
    Darren
    Derek
    Derek McL
    Ed
    Jules
    Keith
    Kings
    SteK
    SteMcd
    Julius
    Heggo

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Horse Racing? Are you nuts? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

IN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

i want to see this sort of intensity from you ed in goal ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYrTL9wptqw

• Advertisement

mrDerek wrote: »
    i want to see this sort of intensity from you ed in goal ;)
    Are you in?

Cathal - in
    Ciaran
    Cillian - in
    Conor
    Damo
    Darren - in
    Derek
    Derek McL
    Ed - in
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Kings
    SteK - in
    SteMcd
    Julius
    Heggo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'm out unfortunately, niggly ankle injury.

I'm away the following week too, but back for fri 4th if there's a cup game.

Are you in?

Ye I'm in and my cousin is likely in as well he can make 8 and 9 ko games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

In

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

in

Cathal - in
    Ciaran - away
    Cillian - in
    Conor - in
    Damo - in
    Darren - in
    Derek
    Derek McL - in
    Ed - in
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Kings
    SteK - in
    SteMcd - in
    Julius - in
    Heggo - inj
    Brian - in
    Dave - in

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CaesersSon

IN

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Great win, 3-0 up very quickly, we got a bit sloppy or complacent and let them score 2 quick goals, went in at HT and came out and pushed on to 6-3.

Some cracking goals and some very slick passing for a lot of the goals

what iv noticed is the switch in direct play ie passes to my feet which is a welcome change and has resulted in a few more goals as we were bypassing their midfield. wna say sorry to dave for losing the rag in the first half i do get a bit agro if im being moaned at after gettin booted or barged into the back by the opposition, my necks actually killin me at the mo :/

anyway great goal by steo top corner shot with ball alley dropping points all over the shop anything can happen now.
    On the squad front all the subs did a good job gives des a selection headache imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

There's a lot to like about that performance. Yep there were blips and yep we got slightly frustrated for a little bit but in fairness not very much (including you Derek, twas just an isolated bit of venting). But its all about how you react to setbacks and i was very impressed with how we responded. Great link up play and were getting the ball to feet in central positions a lot more and that is where the real damage is done. Some great examples of quality attacking play particularly in 2nd half. And we snuffed their star player out of the game for most of the 2nd half. Lets focus on the many positives from that performance.

This dog is still in the hunt...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Excellent second half, whatever changed at halftime in the backline. Two good results against a better side than the two scorelines against them suggest.

Throughout the first half, the back line were defending in a V-shape with fullbacks pushing on and centrehalves behind, allowing the centrehalves to be pulled out wide. They broke in behind several times to get back in the game. Fullbacks were much more controlled in the second half and it stopped them dead from the runners they were trying to release.

I know pushing forward fullbacks are the big in-thing, but it definitely improved second half.

Some excellent goals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

ball alley lost, bnymellon and cork exiles drew, and we get a smashing win....couldn't have been a better week for us.
    as it stands:
    Pl +/- P
    Boardeaux 11 19 23
    BallAlley Angels 10 13 23
    BNYMELLON 10 16 20
    Cork Exiles FC 10 9 17

was an exciting match to be a part of yesterday with so many chances created.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Well played last night lads, you were by far the better team and probably the best team in the league IMO.

Some of your link up play and finishing was excellent.

Best of luck for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Well played last night lads, you were by far the better team and probably the best team in the league IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

master-t wrote: »

Thanks man, it was a good game, you gave us a big scare in that first half.

Advertisement