Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder or Staircase company

• 20-06-2014 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

We need to move the staircase in our house. For some weird reason, it's located in the sitting room, which is small enough as it is.
    I'm hoping to move it to the hall, starting from the front door, but I believe there is a lot of construction work required to make sure the second floor is fully supported.

What kind of tradesman would be the best to give us advice & quotations, a builder to make the opening for the staircase and then a staircase company to build the actual stairs?

If anyone has any recommendations for reliable builder in Co. Wicklow, please pm me the details.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Stanleigh wrote: »
    We need to move the staircase in our house. For some weird reason, it's located in the sitting room, which is small enough as it is.
    I'm hoping to move it to the hall, starting from the front door, but I believe there is a lot of construction work required to make sure the second floor is fully supported.

What kind of tradesman would be the best to give us advice & quotations, a builder to make the opening for the staircase and then a staircase company to build the actual stairs?

If anyone has any recommendations for reliable builder in Co. Wicklow, please pm me the details.

What is the stairs made of?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stanleigh

The current stairs are wooden, but we will need a new staircase as the current one is not in great condition.

Advertisement