Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipad

• 20-06-2014 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is not the right forum.is it possible to view my ipad through my tv,for example watching sky go?if so where can i obtain the connections needed.cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

If you buy an Apple TV you can play it wirelessly to the TV. And I think they just dropped the prices of the box so they're pretty cheap now.

Or I'd you just want a cable, try this: http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD826ZM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter

Worth knowing that some apps will intentionally block mirroring or streaming to TV, and I have a feeling Sky Go is one of them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭boccy23

bazzamac wrote: »
    Apologies if this is not the right forum.is it possible to view my ipad through my tv,for example watching sky go?if so where can i obtain the connections needed.cheers

Sky Go isn't possible to view through Apple TV or any other device. They control it to ensure that such a system isn't possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

boccy23 wrote: »
    Sky Go isn't possible to view through Apple TV or any other device. They control it to ensure that such a system isn't possible.

Boccy is right, Sky Go dosn't work through Airplaying from an Apple device to an Apple TV or Raspberry Pi. The HDMI Cable option dosn't work either. You can airplay RTE Player, 4OD (I think) and generally any other movies etc from the internet, but Sky Go dosn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Zcott wrote: »
    And I think they just dropped the prices of the box so they're pretty cheap now.

Yeah a €10 drop for 2 year old hardware. Very generous of them :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

Thanks for all your replies. Am I to take it that it cant be done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

bazzamac wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies. Am I to take it that it cant be done?

Sky Go definitely not, if you do find a way however please share!

On a different platform though and of possibly no relevance to your query, Sky Go will be, apparently, coming to the Playstation 3 & 4 before the end of the year.

Advertisement