Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to O'Moore Park

Options
  • 20-06-2014 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi

Anyone help me easiest way to get to O'Moore Park for the match tomorrow. Coming in from the North do you need to go into the town and can you park near the ground. What's the traffic like on a Saturday afternoon

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

eamonpk wrote: »
    Hi

Anyone help me easiest way to get to O'Moore Park for the match tomorrow. Coming in from the North do you need to go into the town and can you park near the ground. What's the traffic like on a Saturday afternoon

Thanks

Nope come down motorway
    First exit for portlaoise is stradbally and portlaoise keep goin on motorway take the next exit off motorway posted abbeyleix portlaoise go up slip road
    Take 4 th exit posted portlaoise

Its down there about half mile at first roundabout .

You may not get to this round about thou as car parking is bad park Anywhere along this road
    Traffic along here will be bad enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

its exit 17 off the M7 motorway

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭eamonpk

Thanks very much to everyone for the information

From Google Maps it looked like that I would be going down the N80 from Mullingar rather than the M7 but I see that O'Moore Park is South of the town. Is it worth the diversion by trying to get onto the M7 or could I make my through the town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Whats it like driving through the town like traffic wise on a Saturday. I went through it over 10 years ago and my memory was it can be busy. Have things improved

Thanks
    Eamon

Whats it like driving through the town like traffic wise on a Saturday. I went through it over 10 years ago and my memory was it can be busy. Have things improved

Thanks
    Eamon

No its a disaster mini roundabouts and pedestrian crossings everywhere being a Saturday it will be busy snd extra busy with schools off n matches etc

From Google Maps it looked like that I would be going down the N80 from Mullingar rather than the M7 but I see that O'Moore Park is South of the town. Is it worth the diversion by trying to get onto the M7 or could I make my through the town

If coming from mullingar, come through Tullamore and mountmellick.
    That gives you the option of leaving the car in the town and enjoying the craic beforehand. The pitch is about a 10min walk from the top square.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    If coming from mullingar, come through Tullamore and mountmellick.
    That gives you the option of leaving the car in the town and enjoying the craic beforehand. The pitch is about a 10min walk from the top square.

Well the town will be ok if you are not rushing

• Advertisement

monflat wrote: »

Who's playing? If everyone is coming in from the mountmellick side then no, it wouldn't be.

The alternative is to go through rhode and portarlingTon, onto the m7 and straight to the pitch.

Either way of you are rushing expect most parKing spots near the pitch to be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 forrest gump

What ever direction you come into Portlaoise at do not park in the Portlaoise Gaa ground, right beside the pitch as it will take a long time for you to get out after the match. Maybe an hour or two learnt the hard way.

monflat wrote: »

Who's playing? If everyone is coming in from the mountmellick side then no, it wouldn't be.

The alternative is to go through rhode and portarlingTon, onto the m7 and straight to the pitch.

Either way of you are rushing expect most parKing spots near the pitch to be taken.

Advertisement