Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job for electrician or a builder?

Options
  • 20-06-2014 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking to have few things done around the house, rather electrical, but would involve making holes in the walls (and patching them up afterwards!), like moving TV cables to inside of a wall, getting kitchen under-cabinets lights that would connect to mains rather than taking up power sockets and possibly relocating ceiling light.

I'm not sure who should I hire to do that. Would that be an electrician? Or a builder? Or someone completely else altogether? Or would I need to hire both? Painting after work isn't a problem I can do that much myself, but patching up plaster would need to be done for me as well.

Thanks!
    Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

danindub wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm looking to have few things done around the house, rather electrical, but would involve making holes in the walls (and patching them up afterwards!), like moving TV cables to inside of a wall, getting kitchen under-cabinets lights that would connect to mains rather than taking up power sockets and possibly relocating ceiling light.

I'm not sure who should I hire to do that. Would that be an electrician? Or a builder? Or someone completely else altogether? Or would I need to hire both? Painting after work isn't a problem I can do that much myself, but patching up plaster would need to be done for me as well.

Thanks!
    Dan
    Electrician

Find a local one here
    http://www.reci.ie/ConsumerServices/FindanElectrician.aspx

Advertisement