Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drain problem

• 20-06-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

The drain from our kitchen sink is blocked outside and I have tried to fix it myself with no luck so need to call in the professionals now.....Im guessing its not really a job for a plumber as such, is it a company like Dynarod? Any local Limerick companies that also do this service does anybody know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

You could first try throwing down a load of bicarbonate of soda, followed by vinegar, they will react together and follow that with boiling water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

banjobongo wrote: »
    The drain from our kitchen sink is blocked outside and I have tried to fix it myself with no luck so need to call in the professionals now.....Im guessing its not really a job for a plumber as such, is it a company like Dynarod? Any local Limerick companies that also do this service does anybody know?

Check out EcoJet in Raheen http://www.ecojet.ie/index.html

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Buy some drain cleaner from the supermarket first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

if it's just a striaght blockage, i.e. food/grease, try a drain unblocker (!) from the supermarket. failing that rods are great. the ones used to clean chimneys.

if noine of that works it may be time to call in the professionals.
    plenty of small companies, so shop around for a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Had same problem on Wednesday.

Used Bicarbonate of soda and a supermarket bought drain unblocker.

After 30 mins ran hot water down.

The drain pipe runs along the back of the house to join the waste pipe from toilet.

Opened the drain cover and caught any lumps of grease/dirt before it continued
    into the system.

Then put garden hose up the pipe and, with pushing and prodding, managed to break the grease up.

Couldn't believe the size of the lumps of grease coming down the pipe.

Took about an hour to complete the job.

Tip: Make sure the rest of the family see the lumps of grease so that they understand what happens when they put grease down the kitchen sink.

• Advertisement
Advertisement