Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Split Mortgage Financial Advice

Options
  • 20-06-2014 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

I've been offered a split mortgage from the Ebs, and they have advised that We get independent financial advice, that they will pay for. Where can I go for this advice. Will a local accountant do this? Should I just be ringing round the accounting firms asking this question?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

Log on to the website keepingyourhome.ie. The list of the panel of financial advisors is on there. The bank should issue you with a pack or letter and you bring this to the advisor and they should bill your bank directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

RMC10 wrote: »
    Log on to the website keepingyourhome.ie. The list of the panel of financial advisors is on there. The bank should issue you with a pack or letter and you bring this to the advisor and they should bill your bank directly.

Thanks RCM10. I'll contact my local adviser.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭barneyrubble46

Be very wary of any financial advisor, bascially all they will tell you is what to cut back on so you can make your payments, the split mortgage deal is basically a con, if you default in any way the bank will take your house. EBS is owned by AIB and they are tough to deal with. Read the small print, it is all in favour of the bank, they will basically screw you to the floor. So be aware. Tread carfully.

Advertisement