Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Got the text too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shar1445

I did not get an email but I checked my message board and it was there, Monday to Thursday for me

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

This whole campaign seems a bit all over the place. No indication of how many will be taken on? when the employment will start? The departments that the new employees are going to is not specified either. I just think its all a bit up in the air to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    This whole campaign seems a bit all over the place. No indication of how many will be taken on? when the employment will start? The departments that the new employees are going to is not specified either. I just think its all a bit up in the air to me

Same as the Garda recruitment drive really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

It's the same as the temporary civil servants jobs too. It's a pain but at least it's a permanent job

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Did any of you do the sample tests yet on the link provided. They seem like a good indicator. The text is very small though. Its a good way to practice against the clock though. Best of luck everyone:-)

Will this whole process go along at around the same speed as the garda one?

Will this whole process go along at around the same speed as the garda one?

I'd say quicker, but I could be wrong. Seems to be one less assessment and obviously no PCT and I'd imagine no medical. Garda has;
    Stage 1 - Online Assessment
    Stage 2 - Online Assessment
    Stage 3 - Supervised Assessment
    Stage 4 - Interview
    Stage 5 - Medical
    Stage 6 - PCT

With a meeting with local Sargent and Super in there as well

I think this goes

Online Assessment A + B
    Supervised Assessment
    Interview

But I may be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Just got the text there. Between Friday and Monday for me.:)

Same here - text and email for Friday to Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Diddlina

the practice tests are hard! i keep running out of time with the error one!!

• Advertisement

Diddlina wrote: »
    the practice tests are hard! i keep running out of time with the error one!!

Aye I got caught out with the time a couple of times. Especially the last ones. 45 seconds. Feck. Did your first page say about the screen resolution even though it was set properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

What does the Assessment Questionnaire consist of? Is 90 minutes ample time to complete? And one other question does it matter at what time you complete the questionnaire, ie. if for instance 11pm was suitable is this ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Just got it there! Between Monday and Thursday! So nervous!

loverslane wrote: »
    What does the Assessment Questionnaire consist of? Is 90 minutes ample time to complete? And one other question does it matter at what time you complete the questionnaire, ie. if for instance 11pm was suitable is this ok

It really depends on how quick you do it. In the Garda Assessment I had ample time but other struggled to finish it. It will vary from person to person.

It doesn't matter what time as long as it is within your allotted time slot. I would advise not leaving it to late, there could be problems and you don't want to fail for something as trivial as not getting it done in time

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

My message says Stage 1 (part A) - Assessment Questionnare will take place between Fri & Mon and that details of part b - Aptitude test, will follow.
    Are there any links for part A sample questions. All the links on the accompanying booklet seem to be based on the Aptitude test. The sample questions on public jobs also seem to be aptitude based.
    Is there any samples for the assessment questionnaire?

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    My message says Stage 1 (part A) - Assessment Questionnare will take place between Fri & Mon and that details of part b - Aptitude test, will follow.
    Are there any links for part A sample questions. All the links on the accompanying booklet seem to be based on the Aptitude test. The sample questions on public jobs also seem to be aptitude based.
    Is there any samples for the assessment questionnaire?

Its all this weekend and then a supervised aptitude test as far as I know?

Its all this weekend and then a supervised aptitude test as far as I know?

No its a questionnaire first then the aptitude test will follow shortly after.

People need to read the familiarisation material :P

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    No its a questionnaire first then the aptitude test will follow shortly after.

People need to read the familiarisation material :P

so its only a questionaire this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Can anyone give an idea of what the first part, the Assessment Questionnaire, is like? The info says it's about skills, interests, preferences and responses to
    potential scenarios. Is it like a competency based interview or is it shorter/simpler? Is there any good way to prepare for it?

Are the example tests representative of how hard the real ones will be? The error checking examples seem way harder than the other two in the time given.

Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Some people are doing Part A from Friday to Monday, others from Monday to Thursday next. They'll have to compile those results before they start on the Part B I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Sorry to be an arse but this is a competition. Research it yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Is it one of these multiple choice box ticking questionnaires?

Fooker wrote: »
    Is it one of these multiple choice box ticking questionnaires?

If its anything like the questionnaire for the tco competition its mostly multiple choice. They will ask you how you rate yourself on different skills. Word, spreadsheets, presentations etc. Then there will be workplace scenarios. As in what would you do if such a thing happened at work. Mine is between fri and Monday as well btw. I think if you are ranked too low in this, then you wont be considered for the online aptitude part.

yeah you are an arse, just as handy to tell me

Walls I don't think there is a practice session for this one. If its like the one for the tco its fairly straightforward. Basically for the scenarios, tell them what they want to hear. If you have problems with a work colleague what would you do. If you have a deadline what would you do. Stuff like that. Some might be a bit awkward but you will get the gist of it.

Then of course I could be completely wrong and its a whole different thing:-). Best of luck anyway. Im thinkin I might do mine sat eve.

You were sent the same information as everyone else, read the thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    You were sent the same information as everyone else, read the thing
    Horrible attitudes. Fine if you feel that way but keep it to yourselves. Most of us are here to share information and help each other out.

K4t wrote: »
    Horrible attitudes. Fine if you feel that way but keep it to yourselves. Most of us are here to share information and help each other out.

I have been helping out, look through the thread.

If you can't find the info in the email they gave us you're gonna have a rough time with the assessments

I really have my hopes pinned on this one. Been out of work a while now so it would be great to get through the whole lot and get offered something decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I really have my hopes pinned on this one. Been out of work a while now so it would be great to get through the whole lot and get offered something decent.

Amen, brother or sister. I hear they're giving Garth Brooks tickets to the top scorers.:)

Advertisement