Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone happened to save the information booklet at any stage? I thought I'd saved it but can't find it anywhere now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

also if your score in stage 2 is a certain percentage different to stage 1 you will be disqualified. It's a method of getting rid of the people that got help at home on the stage 1 test.

This is untrue.

If you pass Stage 2 you are ranked again upon your score in stage 2 and this can differ from your stage 1 ranking substantially. I was ranked over 700 stage 1 and ranked just over 100 stage 2. I kept my stage 2 ranking.

If you do not meet the required score, you are then disqualified.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Sup08 wrote: »
    This is untrue.

If you pass Stage 2 you are ranked again upon your score in stage 2 and this can differ from your stage 1 ranking substantially. I was ranked over 700 stage 1 and ranked just over 100 stage 2. I kept my stage 2 ranking.

If you do not meet the required score, you are then disqualified.

You are both correct.

E.g if u rank 500 at stage 1 and then 100 at stage 2 your new ranking is 100

However, if you ranked really high at 100 in stage 1 unsupervised tests and at stage 2 in the supervised tests your results bring u down to a ranking of say 600 you may then be disqualified as it indicates you may have cheated and used help in the first stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

AshF22 wrote: »
    You are both correct.

E.g if u rank 500 at stage 1 and then 100 at stage 2 your new ranking is 100

However, if you ranked really high at 100 in stage 1 unsupervised tests and at stage 2 in the supervised tests your results bring u down to a ranking of say 600 you may then be disqualified as it indicates you may have cheated and used help in the first stage.

A person in my current job ranked in the top 20 at stage 1 and then ranked over 500 at stage 2. This did not disqualify them as they still made the required score.

Just because a person was good in the first round does not mean they will be as good in stage 2. Nerves may get the better of a person in the controlled environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Sup08 wrote: »
    A person in my current job ranked in the top 20 at stage 1 and then ranked over 500 at stage 2. This did not disqualify them as they still made the required score.

Just because a person was good in the first round does not mean they will be as good in stage 2. Nerves may get the better of a person in the controlled environment.

I said "MAY" be disqualified. The information im giving is just the information I remember being given in the guidelines at the beginning of this process. Dont shoot the messenger :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 ciartastix

i just declined the offer of a position at peoplepoint. I have work commitments bringing me up to mid march and I know its a risk but I'm holding out for something closer to home in either kildare/meath. fingers crossed it pays off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

Has anyone started their training for Revenue yet? Can you tell me what the daily hours are? Need to organise childcare and travel plans etc. Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

Danielle D wrote: »
    Has anyone started their training for Revenue yet? Can you tell me what the daily hours are? Need to organise childcare and travel plans etc. Thanks in advance :)

I asked about hours when I got the call and she said it wasn't decided yet but it would probably be a 9-5 scenario, depending on where people were travelling from etc. She said it won't be 8am or anything like that.

Maybe email the lady in revenue hr and see if she has more definite info now.

Thanks I emailed her and she called me back saying letters should be going out in next few days with more info but for first day its a 9.30am start in D'Olier House.

Thanks I emailed her and she called me back saying letters should be going out in next few days with more info but for first day its a 9.30am start in D'Olier House.

That's not so bad. She was very nice on the phone. Good luck with it.

• Advertisement

Thanks, its a pity it didn't work out for you. Best of luck in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

i'm lost here lads, all I've done so far is an aptitude test and finished in the 140's & requested Cork. I sat no interview, I didn't send references or complete a second test. Have I got the right competition. The one I applied for is below.

Campaign ID: 1457804
    Campaign Name: Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

dwasol wrote: »
    i'm lost here lads, all I've done so far is an aptitude test and finished in the 140's & requested Cork. I sat no interview, I didn't send references or complete a second test. Have I got the right competition. The one I applied for is below.

Yes, if you only applied for Cork, then you're still ok.

They only called the first 800 or so who had chosen Dublin and brought these people to the second aptitude test which was supervised. Interviews and reference checks etc followed.

Hopefully as they seem to be getting to the regions outside Dublin, you will hear from them soon and be asked to complete the supervised test.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

dwasol wrote: »

Up to this point the Dublin region is the only area that had done 2nd round and interviews although yesterday those for the Limerick/tipperary region got dates for 2nd round test.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 keowny8

Does anybody know if ICO will be part of Limerick/Tipp or will it be left in Clare/Galway. I know there's a big Justice department in Tipperary but would that make any difference.

When were people asked in DUblin about the ICO?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shoobz

keowny8 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if ICO will be part of Limerick/Tipp or will it be left in Clare/Galway. I know there's a big Justice department in Tipperary but would that make any difference.

When were people asked in DUblin about the ICO?

There are no plans at the moment to replace immigration teams outside of Dublin with civilian staff, so there won't be an ICO competition elsewhere for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pagz

Does anyone know what the notice period is during the training period for revenue? Turns out I now have a job interview on Tuesday so I'm reluctant to sign and send in the contract they emailed to me. It says to return the contract immediately but I want to wait in case I'm offered this other job. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

9:30-5:30 in D'Olier House for the first week anyway but if they get through what needs to be done in a day, they tend let you go a little bit early.
    Pagz wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the notice period is during the training period for revenue? Turns out I now have a job interview on Tuesday so I'm reluctant to sign and send in the contract they emailed to me. It says to return the contract immediately but I want to wait in case I'm offered this other job. Any suggestions?

When are you to start? I only sent mine in the Wednesday before I started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pagz

Ciaran wrote: »
    9:30-5:30 in D'Olier House for the first week anyway but if they get through what needs to be done in a day, they tend let you go a little bit early.

When are you to start? I only sent mine in the Wednesday before I started.

I am due to start Monday week (26th) so you think I'll be able to hold off on sending in the contract until maybe, towards the end of the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Hi lads.
    I have been invited for stage 2 in Lim/Tipp. In the message it says bring a form of i.d with you. Then down the bottom it says
    "if your identification document was issued more than five years ago, you must also bring an additional photo identification containing a more recent photograph".

Both my license and passport were issued in 2007. Neither is more recent than the other, if ya get me. Do you think this will do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dooey_01

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Hi lads.
    I have been invited for stage 2 in Lim/Tipp. In the message it says bring a form of i.d with you. Then down the bottom it says
    "if your identification document was issued more than five years ago, you must also bring an additional photo identification containing a more recent photograph".

Both my license and passport were issued in 2007. Neither is more recent than the other, if ya get me. Do you think this will do?

I wouldnt be too worried....they barely glanced at mine. And you have to bring photos on the day so wouldnt imagine it be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Hi lads.

Think it applies more to those who might have passports from their early teens and have changed appearance over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Hi everybody.
    Thanks for advice. Was prob a bit over the top alright.
    Just imagine been refused for bringing incorrect ID!
    That kinda stuff is always happening to me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Pagz wrote: »
    I am due to start Monday week (26th) so you think I'll be able to hold off on sending in the contract until maybe, towards the end of the week?

They rang me the day that I posted it reminding me to send it in so they're probably used to people taking their time. I'd already accepted the job on the phone though so that might make a difference somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Hi all.

Lost track of this thread a while back. Does anyone know if they're likely to reach 1400 on the unsupervised tests in Dublin? Have they even got beyond the original 800 and odd yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

corny wrote: »
    Hi all.

Lost track of this thread a while back. Does anyone know if they're likely to reach 1400 on the unsupervised tests in Dublin? Have they even got beyond the original 800 and odd yet?

I was 1100 and went through to the supervised tests in Dublin before Xmas.

Think the results are out tomorrow or Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

marylou82 wrote: »
    I was 1100 and went through to the supervised tests in Dublin before Xmas.

Think the results are out tomorrow or Tuesday!

I did the same thing. Do you know for sure the results are out in the next two days?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

Jade182 wrote: »
    I did the same thing. Do you know for sure the results are out in the next two days?

Yep!
    Well...I rang them last week and that's what they told me.
    I was sick of checking my messages 100 times a day, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

marylou82 wrote: »
    Yep!
    Well...I rang them last week and that's what they told me.
    I was sick of checking my messages 100 times a day, haha.

Delighted to hear something about this. Thanks Marylou!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 lizzy09

Jade182 wrote: »
    Delighted to hear something about this. Thanks Marylou!

Me too, I haven't stopped checkin lol

Advertisement