Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Unitedfandoc

bagel2010 wrote: »
    Hi all

Doing the stage 2 tests next week
    Just wanted to ask were the stage 2 tests the same as the familiarization booklet linked practice tests in regard to difficulty and time allowed.

Thanks

Yeah same layout as the booklet examples. They let you do the exact same examples that are linked in the booklet before each segment of the test too.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

marylou82 wrote: »
    For the Dublin people that completed Stage 2 in December:

I called again to see when the results would be out.

They said they'd mail "sometime this week".

Last week they said Monday or Tuesday.

Argh…haha. JUST TELL US!

:P

They're a bunch of teases! :P Thanks for calling them Marylou :) At least they reckon it's this week, not long now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

keowny8 wrote: »
    Limerick/Tipp has Revenue decent sized offices in Limerick, NCW, Nenagh & Thurles while Justice has big office in Tipperary Town. Also as with all cities the SW in Limerick is a very busy office.

IS their big CS offices in Cork?

Social Welfare in the city (there is a new SW office opening in the city and there's probably a few smaller SW offices in County Cork as well), Revenue in Blackpool, Education and Agriculture have outposts on the South Mall, there's a small Agriculture office in Blackrock too I think and they have small offices in Mallow, Clonakilty and Fermoy, CSO in Mahon, Courts Service (circuit, district and southern regional office in Cork city and some smaller district court offices in County Cork), passport office on South Mall (the AP in the passport office told me they probably won't be taking permanent COs soon though).

You have Cork city and county councils too. I think people have been posted to the HSE from what I've read on this thread so you could throw the Cork hospitals in there as well.

You could have civilian staff in Garda stations as well coming from this competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

Hi all thanks for replies

One more question the pas website has a categorizing information section as well as an error checking test but that section is not included in the tests given in the link in the familiarization booklet they gave us. Just wanted to enquire is there categorizing information test on the day or is it solely error checking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Unitedfandoc

Hi all thanks for replies

One more question the pas website has a categorizing information section as well as an error checking test but that section is not included in the tests given in the link in the familiarization booklet they gave us. Just wanted to enquire is there categorizing information test on the day or is it solely error checking ?

Only error checking, no categorizing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    That's strange. Did you do stage 2?

Sorry it was the TCO competition wrong thread i think

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

If you get a job as a CO Starting at 20k approx , is there a paid pension on top or do u have to contribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Divisadero wrote: »
    No. They are different from the Saville Tests you did in stage one.

They're very similar though. The error checking test anyway was almost identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shoobz

If you get a job as a CO Starting at 20k approx , is there a paid pension on top or do u have to contribute.

You have to contribute to your pension from your salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

shoobz wrote: »
    You have to contribute to your pension from your salary.

It's not a huge amount, less than €10 pw if I recall correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

Blanchguy wrote: »
    It's not a huge amount, less than €10 pw if I recall correctly.

Its now around €12 on the starting wage for COs since they introduced the Single Pensions Scheme. Plus Pension Related Deduction which is about €5

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Is this for the Dublin region? I did stage 2 for Dublin in Dec, wonder if we'll hear soon if they're moving onto the next grouping?

No its for tipp / Kilkenny region.

Hi
    just wondering does the numerical part have graphs pie charts etc that you have to answer
    questions on or is it just straight written paragraphs, and how closely does the error checking resemble the practice questions. Also are the verbal comprehensions longer than the samples. Stressing ++ Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

Hi all I got my invite for stage 2 today regarding the Kerry region. I didn't realise I would have to go to Dublin for stage 2. I thought they'd have supervised tests down south as well. It's a long & expensive journey to make with only 7 days notice 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Wexmoth

I got a letter in Dec saying I was being assigned to the Dept of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources. Heard nothing since but got a phone call today from HR in that Dept saying they noticed that I'd done a course in Ecology in UCC and felt that I'd be better suited to the Dept of Arts, Heritage and Gaeltacht which is where the Wildlife Service is and they wondered if I'd be interested in being re-assigned. They also noticed that I lived in Wexford and as the Wildlife Service also has an office in Wexford they felt it might suit me much better.

I'll be absolutely delighted if this works out as all my interests/hobbies are wildlife based.

So it looks like some people in HR are trying to match people to jobs/areas to some extent.

Happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Sorry for jumping on the thread I'm just wondering how likely it is that there will be another campaign this year?

kaiser31 wrote: »
    Hi all I got my invite for stage 2 today regarding the Kerry region. I didn't realise I would have to go to Dublin for stage 2. I thought they'd have supervised tests down south as well. It's a long & expensive journey to make with only 7 days notice 😞

It is a pain in the arse, but unfortunately that's just the way it is. My boyfriend and I both made the trip from Sligo for the supervised tests and interviews, and it was an expensive process, and annoying for him as he had to get time off from work at short notice without telling them why. But we've both been offered jobs, so it was worth it. Try to use the expense as extra motivation to do well.

Hi
    just wondering does the numerical part have graphs pie charts etc that you have to answer
    questions on or is it just straight written paragraphs, and how closely does the error checking resemble the practice questions. Also are the verbal comprehensions longer than the samples. Stressing ++ Thanks

The numerical part does have charts etc as well as text based questions.

Error checking is very similar to the practice questions, just a lot more of them.

Verbal is the easiest of the lot of them, I don't think they're longer but there are more of them. If your reading speed is any way high at all you'll have loads of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

Wexmoth wrote: »
    I got a letter in Dec saying I was being assigned to the Dept of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources. Heard nothing since but got a phone call today from HR in that Dept saying they noticed that I'd done a course in Ecology in UCC and felt that I'd be better suited to the Dept of Arts, Heritage and Gaeltacht which is where the Wildlife Service is and they wondered if I'd be interested in being re-assigned. They also noticed that I lived in Wexford and as the Wildlife Service also has an office in Wexford they felt it might suit me much better.

I'll be absolutely delighted if this works out as all my interests/hobbies are wildlife based.

So it looks like some people in HR are trying to match people to jobs/areas to some extent.

Happy days!!

That sounds very promising. Hope it works out for you.

I have visions of myself working in a govt office which is five minutes up the road from me. I can dream:-)

Thanks for that reply shoobz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Sorry for jumping on the thread I'm just wondering how likely it is that there will be another campaign this year?

Just my opinion but I think it's very unlikely. They are only now moving onto 2nd stages for regions outside of Dublin and in Dublin I believe they have 100s on a panel just waiting for placements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

shoobz wrote: »
    It is a pain in the arse, but unfortunately that's just the way it is. My boyfriend and I both made the trip from Sligo for the supervised tests and interviews, and it was an expensive process, and annoying for him as he had to get time off from work at short notice without telling them why. But we've both been offered jobs, so it was worth it. Try to use the expense as extra motivation to do well.

Congratulations, that's great news! Youre right, I'll have to make the trip worth while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

rsl1976 wrote: »

For CO apparently the panel is for 2 years which is what I was told when I rang up.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Wexmoth wrote: »

Happy days!!

Wow that is fantastic! Hopefully they do the same with a lot of applicants to make it handier for them. All the best of luck with the fab new job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Got the call today about checking references, delighted! I'm in the 440s for Dublin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 emcnamee

Has anyone any idea on what the 'clearance process' is and how long it may take? I've been there since interview in Oct and no other information is forthcoming...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DetteDublin

Hey, got my call up today. Notice handed in and all. Not a bad commute either. I start mid Feb. Thanks for all the support on this thread. It's been helpful to know that I wasn't alone, wondering and waiting. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 leany

Ive just got called for stage 2. My issue is I'm pregnant so just wondering is there any point in me going?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

leany wrote: »
    Ive just got called for stage 2. My issue is I'm pregnant so just wondering is there any point in me going?

Unless there's a chance you'll go into labour during the exam I think you should still go for it. It could be months before you get a job(all going well with exam and interview first). Good experience if nothing else. Best of luck with your pregnancy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Anyone called to stage 2 in Westmeath Offaly?

Advertisement