Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Another quick one lads.
    ID is in maiden name. Was anyone in this position. No ID under married name (name I used in application).

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

emcnamee wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea on what the 'clearance process' is and how long it may take? I've been there since interview in Oct and no other information is forthcoming...

Clearance can be quick or take quite a while and depends too on what department/service you'll be sent to as some need more stringent clearance processes. I'm the same as you, interview October I think, got the message December where I'm going and now we're just going through all the additional clearance process. hoping that I get to start soon and hope you hear something really soon xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Another quick one lads.
    ID is in maiden name. Was anyone in this position. No ID under married name (name I used in application).

Probably depends ok the person checking it. Could you bring a photo copy of your marriage cert just in case?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 emcnamee

donna35 wrote: »
    Clearance can be quick or take quite a while and depends too on what department/service you'll be sent to as some need more stringent clearance processes. I'm the same as you, interview October I think, got the message December where I'm going and now we're just going through all the additional clearance process. hoping that I get to start soon and hope you hear something really soon xx

Except I didn't get any message, any call about references, any notification about assigned dept. Nothing. The last communication I received was my placing after interview and any call/email I've made has been met with vague 'clearance process' response. Very frustrating. Especially when reading everyone else being assigned and starting work. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

Except I didn't get any message, any call about references, any notification about assigned dept. Nothing. The last communication I received was my placing after interview and any call/email I've made has been met with vague 'clearance process' response. Very frustrating. Especially when reading everyone else being assigned and starting work. :-(

What number were you placed at?

• Advertisement

Nikki2302 wrote: »
    What number were you placed at?

Top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westmeath11

Anyone called to stage 2 in Westmeath Offaly?

Nothing yet, & I did very well in that area, I have my interview done for Dublin but would be technically still on that panel

Top 10

Wow, that must be seriously frustrating. All I can suggest is putting your questions on paper. Its harder for them to ignore a letter

• Registered Users Posts: 31 O C 2007

I rang PAS today as my references were checked week before last and haven't heard anything - girl was really helpful, she said a letter went into the post to me yesterday with my assignment details... so depending on the postman I am hoping to know before the weekend where I will be going! They told us just this morning in work that we are being put onto short time from next Monday so I am glad that things are finally moving on!! Best of luck everyone I hope you all get the news you want soon!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

What number are people using to ring PAS? The two times I've rung I've gotten very unhelpful people (probably just under pressure!), but not even sure if I've the right number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hey all, I know this has been probably asked already, sorry if I'm repeating a question. I'm due in Dublin on Monday for stage two resting and just wondering how long does this takes as I'm hoping to book a train home as I'm coming from limerick. Also does anyone know the pay scale for these positions? Does it start at about 20,000 per annum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dooey_01

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Hey all, I know this has been probably asked already, sorry if I'm repeating a question. I'm due in Dublin on Monday for stage two resting and just wondering how long does this takes as I'm hoping to book a train home as I'm coming from limerick. Also does anyone know the pay scale for these positions? Does it start at about 20,000 per annum?

2 hours tops....and its a little over 21k for co

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Just got a call there. Starting in the revenue on the 9th of Feb! Absolutely chuffed! She said starting salary is €21,345 for anyone whos wondering!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

hi are the calculators given to candidates scientific ones

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Top 10

Wow that must be so frustrating. The only thing I can think of is that a department has selected you but not had a chance to let you know yet. To be so high in the rankings and not heard yet has to be so frustrating though xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Top 10

Could there be an issue or delay with your garda vetting or something like that? Different context but I know one of my friends had to wait months and months for garda vetting to come through because she'd lived in so many different addresses over the years, including a good few abroad!

Got my assignment today. Department of expenditure and reform in Clonskeagh. Nightmare of a commute but delighted to have it at the same time. Starting on Feb 16th. Got the call about references last Tuesday if thats any help to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westmeath11

Top 10

I wonder did they send your details to the Garda and it's on some Gardas to do list, a friend of mine had somthing stolen from their garden & reported it to the Garda, 2 weeks passed before the Garda called back, the member that called back said they were on holidays when the case was assigned to them and that accounted for the slow responce.
    I hope that is not the case for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 piafe

Nearly had a heart attack when seen public jobs.ie come into my inbox earlier.

It was just a job alert but thought it might have been the results from stage 2. Fingers crossed we won't have too much longer to wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been assigned to the Department of Justice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been assigned to the Department of Justice?

In a sense yes, anyone going into immigration is assigned to Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

Just on the Garda clearance, when I got my letter, it said that the offer was subject to the clearance coming through as it hadn't been completed yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

piafe wrote: »
    It was just a job alert but thought it might have been the results from stage 2. Fingers crossed we won't have too much longer to wait.

I thought it was the stage 2 results too but for me it was an email about the EO assessments.

I wonder did they send your details to the Garda and it's on some Gardas to do list, a friend of mine had somthing stolen from their garden & reported it to the Garda, 2 weeks passed before the Garda called back, the member that called back said they were on holidays when the case was assigned to them and that accounted for the slow responce.
    I hope that is not the case for you.

I wondered that too so I rang Garda vetting. They said that they are currently processing January and there is no backlog. It's just frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

piafe wrote: »
    Nearly had a heart attack when seen public jobs.ie come into my inbox earlier.

Haha! I know, it feels like AGES now. Going mad here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 O C 2007

Got my assignment today too.... Immigration Control Officer in the airport... delighted! Hoping now to contact them tomorrow to discuss start date and also my planned holiday in March eek!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lizzy09

marylou82 wrote: »
    Haha! I know, it feels like AGES now. Going mad here :D

Stop I'm the same, had a feelin that it would be the EO competition tho.. Really hope we get word tomorrow!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

first of all congrats to all that have got jobs & best of luck to anyone due to sit assessments & interviews but just a quick question im in the middle 1400 for limerick/tipp area what do you think the chances are of being called to stage 2 i no prob slim & none😉

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

kaiser31 wrote: »
    Hi all I got my invite for stage 2 today regarding the Kerry region. I didn't realise I would have to go to Dublin for stage 2. I thought they'd have supervised tests down south as well. It's a long & expensive journey to make with only 7 days notice 😞

hi , do you mind me asking what number you were on the Kerry panel - I was 96 and I'm thinking I'll never get called with that number .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

lizzy09 wrote: »
    Stop I'm the same, had a feelin that it would be the EO competition tho.. Really hope we get word tomorrow!! :D

Absolutely!
    Another week of hanging on...I couldn't cope!

Advertisement