Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lizzy09

marylou82 wrote: »
    Absolutely!
    Another week of hanging on...I couldn't cope!

Oh god, I completely agree!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bryan_w

AshF22 wrote: »
    Just got a call there. Starting in the revenue on the 9th of Feb! Absolutely chuffed! She said starting salary is €21,345 for anyone whos wondering!

Hey, Well done. I just found this boards thread, months too late. Anyways, I am also starting in D'Olier House on the 9th. Posting my contract back today. Do you have any idea for attire? I know some departments are fairly lax etc. Basically, I dont want to be the guy that turns up in suit and tie while everyone else is casual or vice versa. Thanks :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

O C 2007 wrote: »
    Got my assignment today too.... Immigration Control Officer in the airport... delighted! Hoping now to contact them tomorrow to discuss start date and also my planned holiday in March eek!!!!

Welcome to the ICO club! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

bryan_w wrote: »
    Hey, Well done. I just found this boards thread, months too late. Anyways, I am also starting in D'Olier House on the 9th. Posting my contract back today. Do you have any idea for attire? I know some departments are fairly lax etc. Basically, I dont want to be the guy that turns up in suit and tie while everyone else is casual or vice versa. Thanks :/

Haha good question, different department, same fear. Any ladies who could shed some light, would be mega appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Spud15

It's training so I reckon just whatever you are comfortable in, not going as far as a track suit : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Spud15 wrote: »
    It's training so I reckon just whatever you are comfortable in, not going as far as a track suit : )

That's about right - smart casual.

A suit would definitely be overdoing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PirlosBeard

bryan_w wrote: »

I would err on the side of over dressed, no harm in showing up in a shirt and tie for the first day to see what the department prefers. First impressions and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

I would err on the side of over dressed, no harm in showing up in a shirt and tie for the first day to see what the department prefers. First impressions and all that.

Trust me, CO's in Revenue do not wear shirt & tie to work. An open necked shirt and trousers with shoes is plenty dressy enough. It could be t-shirt & jeans by the end of the training.

I remember arriving to a new location for my first day as an AP and there was an intake of TCOs the same day - a guy I met in the lift on my way up to report to my PO was half smirking to himself as he asked me, "so are you here for the next few months?", feeling sorry for the waaaay overdressed CO in his suit...

Plenty of APs / POs don't even wear a tie most of the time, so unless you really want to, as a CO it's overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Nikki2302 wrote: »
    Got my assignment today. Department of expenditure and reform in Clonskeagh. Nightmare of a commute but delighted to have it at the same time. Starting on Feb 16th. Got the call about references last Tuesday if thats any help to anyone

Well done, it's great to finally know.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

O C 2007 wrote: »
    Got my assignment today too.... Immigration Control Officer in the airport... delighted! Hoping now to contact them tomorrow to discuss start date and also my planned holiday in March eek!!!!

Well done, hope they're ok about the holiday. My sister booked ours without thinking of my new job and I've been waiting til I get contact from someone in the actual department I'll be in before telling them about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 DetteDublin

Nikki2302 wrote: »
    Got my assignment today. Department of expenditure and reform in Clonskeagh. Nightmare of a commute but delighted to have it at the same time. Starting on Feb 16th. Got the call about references last Tuesday if thats any help to anyone

That's great, finally. Pity about the commute, hopefully it won't be too bad. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Has anyone here applied for the temporary Clerical Officer positions in the Passport Office and heard back?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Creol1 wrote: »
    Has anyone here applied for the temporary Clerical Officer positions in the Passport Office and heard back?

Pretty sure there was someone a few pages back mentioned it

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Just got invited to stage 2 tests on the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

paddycakes wrote: »

Great news, what region was that for? I'm up the 27th, getting a little nervous now.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Cork. Had booked that day off for another reason but civil service exam takes precedence!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Miss Nell

paddycakes wrote: »

Me too! Are the 2nd stage tests only on in Dublin? My chosen region is Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Miss Nell wrote: »
    Me too! Are the 2nd stage tests only on in Dublin? My chosen region is Cork.

So far I have only seen them to be on in Dublin, unless anyone knows any different? Nice to hear them moving onto different regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ciartastix

anyone heard anythin about kildare/wicklow or meath/louth regions yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rmtoh

So can anyone confirm...is it 21345 or 20859 for the starting pay? And how much is it weekly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Junkyard Dog

Hey guys sorry in advance if this question has been asked already. I've been called for stage two exams on Monday but from what I can see it's tipp/limerick region people that have been called. My preferred region was cork as I'm from and live there and cork was my first preference on the application. Does this matter? I know I'm jumping the gun a little as I still need to pass stage 2 but let's just say all goes well and I get offered a position. Will that automatically be a tipp/limerick position or can I request cork? Ps this thread has kept me sane the last few months so thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Hey guys sorry in advance if this question has been asked already. I've been called for stage two exams on Monday but from what I can see it's tipp/limerick region people that have been called. My preferred region was cork as I'm from and live there and cork was my first preference on the application. Does this matter? I know I'm jumping the gun a little as I still need to pass stage 2 but let's just say all goes well and I get offered a position. Will that automatically be a tipp/limerick position or can I request cork? Ps this thread has kept me sane the last few months so thanks.

I'm the same. You only do the test once and it counts for all your regions. You don't have to accept a job in lim/tipp. You can hold out for Cork but you might be taking a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Miss Nell

Apologies if this has been asked already but can anyone tell me how long the stage 2 tests are likely to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

For those who did the Stage 2 tests just before Christmas and are waiting for results:
    I just called them there, the results are expected to be out early next week. Guess it's another few days of waiting :/

Jade182 wrote: »
    For those who did the Stage 2 tests just before Christmas and are waiting for results:
    I just called them there, the results are expected to be out early next week. Guess it's another few days of waiting :/

Ignore my own post! I was told the results would be early next week a few minutes ago...but I literally just received mine there!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lizzy09

Ignore my own post! I was told the results would be early next week a few minutes ago...but I literally just received mine there!

Exact same.. Through to interview.. Yay!!! Hope you got on well too!! :D

lizzy09 wrote: »

Through to interview as well! High enough number though so might take awhile to get around to me!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

YAY ME TOO!

I passed by some miracle of jaysis!! WOOHOO

"Further to your completion of the Stage 2 supervised tests in respect of your candidature for the above campaign, I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard. Details are set out below.

Based on your result you will be invited to Stage 3 which will comprise an interview. We will be in contact with you in due course regarding details of your interview arrangements.

We are currently assigning candidates placed between 300 & 400."

Im delighted with myself I passed, haha. Was CONVINCED I wouldn't.

lizzy09 wrote: »
    marylou82 wrote: »
    YAY ME TOO!

I passed by some miracle of jaysis!! WOOHOO

"Further to your completion of the Stage 2 supervised tests in respect of your candidature for the above campaign, I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard. Details are set out below.

Based on your result you will be invited to Stage 3 which will comprise an interview. We will be in contact with you in due course regarding details of your interview arrangements.

We are currently assigning candidates placed between 300 & 400."

Im delighted with myself I passed, haha. Was CONVINCED I wouldn't.

Did you guys get a number much above 400? I'm not sure if "300 & 400" refers to the people who did their round 2 assessment before us?

Or if there were people who did their assessments with us before Christmas who got 300-400 who are being invited to interview right now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

Did you guys get a number much above 400? I'm not sure if "300 & 400" refers to the people who did their round 2 assessment before us?

Or if there were people who did their assessments with us before Christmas who got 300-400 who are being invited to interview right now?

I am 800s…which isn't great. Still on a buzz from getting through though :D

I'm not sure either….Maybe some one else will fill us in if they are under 400?

Advertisement