Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

marylou82 wrote: »
    I am 800s…which isn't great. Still on a buzz from getting through though :D

I'm not sure either….Maybe some one else will fill us in if they are under 400?

I'm in the same bracket as you Marylou. I'm hoping it's not as bad as it sounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 piafe

Cannot believe I've got through, found numerical a nightmare!

I'm 700 ish so won't be called for a good while.
    Well done to all who are through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

denmar wrote: »
    hi , do you mind me asking what number you were on the Kerry panel - I was 96 and I'm thinking I'll never get called with that number .

Hi, I'm placed at 46

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

bryan_w wrote: »
    Hey, Well done. I just found this boards thread, months too late. Anyways, I am also starting in D'Olier House on the 9th. Posting my contract back today. Do you have any idea for attire? I know some departments are fairly lax etc. Basically, I dont want to be the guy that turns up in suit and tie while everyone else is casual or vice versa. Thanks :/

Ah congrats il see u there then :) yeah im kinda wondering the same i reckon smart casual is probably the dress code. Its just training for 3 months so im hoping the dress code will be fairly laid back. Id say most men there be in slacks and a shirt for first day anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

Jade182 wrote: »
    I'm in the same bracket as you Marylou. I'm hoping it's not as bad as it sounds!

Me too....
    Here's hoping! Haha.

But hey, well done us anyway! I reckon we are awesome :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

got mine too

748 in the queue.........

did better than I thought I would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Woo, getting an interview, stage 3!

Went from being ranked 1100 to 622.

Actually, dunno if I'm "Woo!" about it. Sure I'll do the interview anyway and see. :)

Think the 300-400 are people who did interviews a while ago and we're behind them in the list. You can see from this thread that peopled ranked in the 300s are being placed currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Correct me if i'm wrong but it doesn't sound bad at all. At the current rate they're flying through the numbers.

Its taken them a couple of months to get through 400 people and they've already lined up twice that number for interview. I obviously don't know where they'll stop in Dublin but it seems likely that by the time the panel is disbanded they would have got through a fair amount of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

AshF22 wrote: »
    Ah congrats il see u there then :) yeah im kinda wondering the same i reckon smart casual is probably the dress code. Its just training for 3 months so im hoping the dress code will be fairly laid back. Id say most men there be in slacks and a shirt for first day anyway.

As previously stated, the 'dress code' for COs in Revenue isn't something people get too concerned about. It's obviously different for Revenue staff who go out to visit businesses etc, but people (of all grades) who work in offices (and are not visible to the public) only have to dress decently - nothing offensive etc!

I laugh when I read the words 'smart' casual - it's been a long time since I dressed 'smartly' for my job...but I'm always decent...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lizzy09

corny wrote: »
    Correct me if i'm wrong but it doesn't sound bad at all. At the current rate they're flying through the numbers.

Its taken them a couple of months to get through 400 people and they've already lined up twice that number for interview. I obviously don't know where they'll stop in Dublin but it seems likely that by the time the panel is disbanded they would have got through a fair amount of people.

I hope so!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 bryan_w

AshF22 wrote: »

Yeah I will probably err on the side of caution and wear shirt and slacks for the first day anyways and see what everyone else is like. Looking forward to getting stuck in :).

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lizzy09

Did you guys get a number much above 400? I'm not sure if "300 & 400" refers to the people who did their round 2 assessment before us?

Or if there were people who did their assessments with us before Christmas who got 300-400 who are being invited to interview right now?

I placed 819, I'm delighted to have got through to the next stage to be honest!! Weldone to you and everyone else on getting through to interviews aswel. I'm hoping 800's isn't too bad, suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
    One good thing is if the first 400 are those who went through from the first round in Dublin then that means we're around the 400s in the second round going through so maybe we stand a decent chance... ever the optimist lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 O C 2007

I got my assignment yesterday in immigration control in Dublin airport and was dreading contacting them today to tell them I have a 3 week holiday to oz in 8 weeks. How wrong was I? The two people I dealt with in Justice HR were professional personable and extremely helpful so I am delighted to say that I will start training on 9th Feb and can still take my holidays. Best of luck everyone in your future training, roles and interviews-tests!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Anyone have any info or experience in/on the positions in the Oireachtas? Have been offered a job there...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

marylou82 wrote: »
    I am 800s…which isn't great. Still on a buzz from getting through though :D

I'm not sure either….Maybe some one else will fill us in if they are under 400?

I'm 192. What they meant is they're currently assigning jobs to people in the 300-400 bracket who did their interviews around October. It seems there are loads of jobs to go around so 800s might not be what you'd think. Good luck anyway x

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

bryan_w wrote: »
    Hey, Well done. I just found this boards thread, months too late. Anyways, I am also starting in D'Olier House on the 9th. Posting my contract back today. Do you have any idea for attire? I know some departments are fairly lax etc. Basically, I dont want to be the guy that turns up in suit and tie while everyone else is casual or vice versa. Thanks :/
    Shirt, jumper and trousers and you'll be fine. I felt a bit overdressed in a shirt and tie the first day but not the end of the world. Keep a tie in your bag if you're worried. ;)

Give a wave to us four-week veterans when you get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

kaiser31 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm placed at 46

Thanks for reply. I got the email yesterday - Thursday next in Dublin...delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

denmar wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. I got the email yesterday - Thursday next in Dublin...delighted

I'm delighted!! Got offered a placement in city centre!! Got a letter an email from he in one day!! Contract arrived the next day!!
    I'm delighted but sick to my stomach about leaving my baby!! Start 2nd of Feb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DetteDublin

Catuohy89 wrote: »
    I'm delighted!! Got offered a placement in city centre!! Got a letter an email from he in one day!! Contract arrived the next day!!

Ah that's fab, was following your story and I'm delighted for you, that sense prevailed within PAS. Your baby will be fine (once you get the right childminder of course), so try and relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Ah that's fab, was following your story and I'm delighted for you, that sense prevailed within PAS. Your baby will be fine (once you get the right childminder of course), so try and relax.
    Thanks so much!! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Creol1 wrote: »
    Has anyone here applied for the temporary Clerical Officer positions in the Passport Office and heard back?

Haven't heard anything since the interview. They said it would probably be the end of the month before we'd hear the results.

paddycakes wrote: »
    Cork. Had booked that day off for another reason but civil service exam takes precedence!

I'm in the same day. Already having palpitations!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Catuohy89 wrote: »

I am absolutely over the moon for you!! Was gutted that the last offer didn't suit but it is so good that PAS had a rethink and found something better for you.

I fully understand about how sick you feel leaving your baby to go to work - I returned to work when mine was 9months old and was the same but the thing that helped me was thinking of the better life me working would afford him. I also really enjoyed the time around adults lol so it was win/win. Mine is 5 now and in school and this time I am LONGING to get back to work after about 3 years of being at home haha. Sorry for rambling about me...just once you find the right childminder then things will just fall into place.

Congratulations and enjoy your new job xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Askabout

Haven't heard anything since the interview. They said it would probably be the end of the month before we'd hear the results.

When was the interview?

I got a message yesterday saying I passed stage 2 and was placed 37. After stage 1, I received 3 emails with 3 different placings for the different counties. U am wondering how am I supposed to interpret this email for my 2 regions and what are my chances of getting a job? Does it all depend on the interview now? Has anyone got any tips for the interview? Is it tough?

Askabout wrote: »
    When was the interview?

Nearly three weeks ago.

Nearly three weeks ago.

How were you contacted for interview? Letter or email? I applied but never heard back

Askabout wrote: »
    How were you contacted for interview? Letter or email? I applied but never heard back

By letter. This is for the Cork passport office now, just in case there was a competition for the Dublin one as well.

By letter. This is for the Cork passport office now, just in case there was a competition for the Dublin one as well.

Yes, I applied for cork, didn't even get a rejection letter :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

Has anyone been called for tests for the Donegal region? A friend of a friend has been called & she was roughly 50th on the list for that region.

Advertisement