Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bottlescrew

I applied for 3 different regions and got called for an stage 2 test, but dont know what region it was for!
    Did the Stage 2 last monday (26th).

Does anyone know what region was on that day?
    I'm hoping for Galway, any news on that region?

Also, if I am called for Stage 2 for the one region, do I get called for stage 2 for the other regions too (if high enough), or does one stage 2 test do for any regions I might be called for?

Questions, questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 caegi

Sorry if this has been asked already - I have the tests tomorrow and I was wondering if they give you a calculator?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

I applied for 3 different regions and got called for an stage 2 test, but dont know what region it was for!
    Did the Stage 2 last monday (26th).

Does anyone know what region was on that day?
    I'm hoping for Galway, any news on that region?

Also, if I am called for Stage 2 for the one region, do I get called for stage 2 for the other regions too (if high enough), or does one stage 2 test do for any regions I might be called for?

Questions, questions!
    I was in on Monday for the Limerick/tipperary region. You only do stage 2 once and it counts for all your chosen regions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

caegi wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already - I have the tests tomorrow and I was wondering if they give you a calculator?

They do :) Good luck!

I was offered a job in the HSE by post today (YAY!) but it's quite awkward to get to from Dundalk and it looks like I'll be getting the train instead of the bus, as I originally planned. Does anyone know if it'd be possible to avail of the taxsaver scheme when working as a clerical officer!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I was offered a job in the HSE by post today (YAY!) but it's quite awkward to get to from Dundalk and it looks like I'll be getting the train instead of the bus, as I originally planned. Does anyone know if it'd be possible to avail of the taxsaver scheme when working as a clerical officer!?

It is possible, but your start date may be a bit of an issue. Peoplepoint say they only process them once a year, in December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 jobseekr1

With respect to public service CO/EO/AO/AP grades etc, is it ever possible for an internal employee such as a CO to apply for an AO or AP grade and get it?, or equivalent, an EO becoming an AP?
    Or do you have to go through the grades/be seen to put in time etc.
    Also, I’ve always wondered this, those CO/EO/AO/AP who work in say Dublin City Centre, how do they manage with parking etc? Is there generally parking?
    I know of one person in a middle management public sector job where there was a waiting list for spaces at his place years ago for parking. I don’t know if this is common/typical?
    Or is it hierarchical, as in highest grades get spaces etc. (I know it’s a totally random question but hey someone, most likely Conductor, will set me straight!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

jobseekr1 wrote: »
    With respect to public service CO/EO/AO/AP grades etc, is it ever possible for an internal employee such as a CO to apply for an AO or AP grade and get it?, or equivalent, an EO becoming an AP?
    Or do you have to go through the grades/be seen to put in time etc.
    Also, I’ve always wondered this, those CO/EO/AO/AP who work in say Dublin City Centre, how do they manage with parking etc? Is there generally parking?
    I know of one person in a middle management public sector job where there was a waiting list for spaces at his place years ago for parking. I don’t know if this is common/typical?
    Or is it hierarchical, as in highest grades get spaces etc. (I know it’s a totally random question but hey someone, most likely Conductor, will set me straight!)

I'm public service rather than civil service and yes it is possible to jump grades..doesn't happen too much but is certainly possible.

As for car parking, in my main offices car parking spaces are restricted to those over a certain grade (roughly AO and up) and those who might need their car for work...everyone else manages with public transport or cycling or whatever..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

Has anyone started the EO process?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Nikki2302 wrote: »
    Has anyone started the EO process?

Theres a thread on it in this forum, on my phone so can't link at the mo. Today's the closing date for filling in Stage 1a of the eo campaign I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

It is possible, but your start date may be a bit of an issue. Peoplepoint say they only process them once a year, in December.

Thanks for the reply! I think I'll email the contact in the HSE and see if she has any more info. The difference is a significant amount of money each week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 TurboTaco

I'm starting in People Point on Monday. Got a call from them during November to say they were contacting my references. I then got a call last week asking how early I could start.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Was placed 1,744 at stage 1 Dublin several months ago.

Surprised today to get notification for stage 2 testing at PAS Abbey St Dublin. I would have thought they got enough positions filled from the first batch/batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

I was told twice a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bottlescrew

eroc79 wrote: »
    I was in on Monday for the Limerick/tipperary region. You only do stage 2 once and it counts for all your chosen regions.

Thanks Eroc.

Keep the good news comin' folks.
    Who's goin where, when and what number?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Just wondering those who were called for the Kerry region, what placing did ye get after stage 1? Just wondering what the cut off number was! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

VONSHIRACH wrote: »

Surprised today to get notification for stage 2 testing at PAS Abbey St Dublin. I would have thought they got enough positions filled from the first batch/batches.

Wow that's brilliant. That means there are now THREE batches of candidates being processed for Dublin. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DaisysB

Kerry987 wrote: »
    Just wondering those who were called for the Kerry region, what placing did ye get after stage 1? Just wondering what the cut off number was! :)

I did stage 2 yesterday & was in the 60's in Kerry. Was wondering the same as you, how many they called....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Hey guys, apologies if this has been asked before (but y'know 218 pages)

I got the email today about stage 2, just curious how long between stages 2 and 3?
    And then how long before a placement?

Obviously i know even getting a job is a long shot but just wondering if i should wait out the job hunt for a few weeks or will it be another 6 months after stage 2 before i even hear back.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Hey guys, apologies if this has been asked before (but y'know 218 pages)

I got the email today about stage 2, just curious how long between stages 2 and 3?
    And then how long before a placement?

Obviously i know even getting a job is a long shot but just wondering if i should wait out the job hunt for a few weeks or will it be another 6 months after stage 2 before i even hear back.

Probably continue the job hunt in the background while you're waiting. It was a couple of weeks between stage 2 and being told I qualified for interview for me...and now I've another few weeks to wait before being given a date for that interview.

It's a lengthy enough process so I'm still jobhunting while I wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Jade182 wrote: »
    Probably continue the job hunt in the background while you're waiting. It was a couple of weeks between stage 2 and being told I qualified for interview for me...and now I've another few weeks to wait before being given a date for that interview.

It's a lengthy enough process so I'm still jobhunting while I wait.

It's a long wait. I did stage 2 back in September! Only starting a job on Monday!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

VONSHIRACH wrote: »

I'm 1809 in Dublin and got called to stage 2 yesterday. I presume it's for Dublin, the message from PAS never said for what region it is. I'm surprised at getting called for stage 2 so soon. I emailed PAS a week or so ago about where they were up to on calling people so I knew they were going through the panel quick enough but I still thought stage 2 would be a few months away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 caegi

For anyone that might be interested, I emailed PAS to get an update on the Donegal and the Sligo regions.

Up to place 135 has been called for Donegal.

No movement has been made on the Sligo region yet.

Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Any stir on Laois/Offaly/Westmeath does anyone know? Has anyone been called to stage 2 at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MagisterJuris

I'm in the same boat, right down to being from Dundalk and possibly having to rely on the train now! My placing is so awkward too, but I'm glad at least it's in north county Dublin and isn't too far. It'd be far worse if it was in some hard to reach place in the south, going by how awkward this is already :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

[Redacted]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Is stage 2 just verbal, numerical and error checking tests? There's no personality type tests like in Part A of stage 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I'm a CO, started on January 12th. Hate it, if you have any alternatives, avoid like the plague.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

gazzer wrote: »
    Where are you based?

Prefer not to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

I was 94 on Kerry panel and 202 on Cork panel and did test yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Prefer not to say.

Specifically what do you hate about it?

Advertisement