Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Zipppy wrote: »
    Specifically what do you hate about it?

[Redacted]

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

I'm a CO, started on January 12th. Hate it, if you have any alternatives, avoid like the plague.

So sorry to hear this. Keep looking for a new job. Apparently its easier to get a new job when you already have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bottlescrew

Is stage 2 just verbal, numerical and error checking tests? There's no personality type tests like in Part A of stage 1?

Just Verbal, Numbers and Checking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

I'm a CO, started on January 12th. Hate it, if you have any alternatives, avoid like the plague.

Less than 3 weeks isnt long to get settled in. I have felt useless in most new jobs at the start. Maybe give it more of a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 keowny8

So what regions have been called?

Dublin - Upto around 1800

Limerick/Tipp - Upto around 324

Kerry??

Donegal??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Less than 3 weeks isnt long to get settled in. I have felt useless in most new jobs at the start. Maybe give it more of a chance.

I have no choice, gotsta pay my rent, so sticking it out until something better comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

Taking 2nd stage supervised tests in a couple weeks and curious does anybody know what the story would be if I were to get through and interviewed and end up with a job offer (wishful thinking) with only a few months until the end of my degree? Finishing my BA at the end of May. Possible to put off starting date perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bryan_w

HannahR31 wrote: »
    Taking 2nd stage supervised tests in a couple weeks and curious does anybody know what the story would be if I were to get through and interviewed and end up with a job offer (wishful thinking) with only a few months until the end of my degree? Finishing my BA at the end of May. Possible to put off starting date perhaps?

I would think you would have enough time to finish it. It could be well passed may by the time you get a job offer. I am in the same boat. Should be finishing in may but got offered revenue and took it so going to finish part time next semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Does anyone know anything about the taxsaver scheme with co positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 caegi

keowny8 wrote: »
    So what regions have been called?

Dublin - Upto around 1800

Limerick/Tipp - Upto around 324

Kerry??

Donegal??

Donegal has been called up to place 135

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 WhoIsTheCoon

HannahR31 wrote: »

I did stage 2 test yesterday. We were told results would be sent in March. Going by this timeline I'm guessing if there was an interview it would be April with any job offer in May/June?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

Just wondering if those who have started are willing to share what kind of work they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

I did stage 2 test yesterday. We were told results would be sent in March. Going by this timeline I'm guessing if there was an interview it would be April with any job offer in May/June?

Same here, least I know not to be checking my messages every two minutes till March!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

paddycakes wrote: »
    Same here, least I know not to be checking my messages every two minutes till March!

You can set up your publicjobs account to send you a text message once you have a message, I did that. Much handier than checking your messages all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

You can set up your publicjobs account to send you a text message once you have a message, I did that. Much handier than checking your messages all the time.

Done!! Cheers for that!! Much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

paddycakes wrote: »
    Done!! Cheers for that!! Much appreciated

No problem, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Wow, they named those fairly specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

How much notice did you guys get for your interview?

Jade182 wrote: »
    How much notice did you guys get for your interview?

I got the notification on the 8th October and the interview was on 16th October.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tommymockler

I got called for stage 2 up in Dublin on the 16th of February. The only problem my college exams starts the same date and time. Does anyone know a number or e-mail I can use to get in contact and hopefully change the date?

• Advertisement

I got called for stage 2 up in Dublin on the 16th of February. The only problem my college exams starts the same date and time. Does anyone know a number or e-mail I can use to get in contact and hopefully change the date?

The contact details are on publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Just got notification for stage 2 of tests in Waterford region so they must be moving on with that as well now!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Thats great to hear Sillysox. Where were you placed in round 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Thats great to hear Sillysocks. Where were you placed in round 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Anyone know how long it takes to go from reference checks to job offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

I found out day before Christmas Eve by letter that I would be going forward to the HSE, email contact then started on 15th January requesting reference information and other forms, they got my references back last week and I will hopefully be starting job at the end of the month so for me it's gone pretty quickly.

Hope you hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Hi all. I was a few out from the 135 cut off for Donegal. just wondering if that's me completely out of the race now? Gutted if it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

Got reference check call on a Tuesday, job offer the following Thursday and they wanted me to start asap but i put them off for a fortnight. HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Eliza1 wrote: »
    Thats great to hear Sillysocks. Where were you placed in round 1?

I was top 10..... pressure is on now for the second round!! Afraid I'll end up way down and they'll think I was cheating :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Was anyone in Galway or Roscommon or Westmeath called to stage 2 yet. Why are we so slow?

Advertisement